Inferno (Robert Langdon, #4) Inferno question

Despite my bitching...
Kristen Elise Kristen Jun 01, 2013 09:35AM
I keep picking apart the things that irritated me about this book. But nonetheless, I still blew off my whole day to sit down and read it because I couldn't stop reading. So I guess I should quit my bitching. If my book causes people to clear their whole schedule, they can bitch all they want after they finish it LOL

Anyone else feel this way?

I think so, too. It was actually the first of his books that I ever read and I'm pretty sure, it will stay that way. But hell, it really was a pageturner.

deleted member Jun 08, 2013 10:20AM   0 votes
I was skeptical going into this one after TLS (terrible book, but he obviously found a better editor for Inferno), and sure enough, a few pages in I thought I was gonna have to wallbang this one. What did it was when Langdon found Sienna's articles about her being a prodigy, and his thought was "That explains a lot." WHAT, exactly, does that explain, Robert? Huh? You've known the woman for a total of 45 minutes, to the best of your recollection, so what has transpired that gives you a thought like that? Dan Brown, just write a story, and stop including all the "filler".

I didn't find it hard to put down. In fact, there was so much padding that it made a nice pillow.

Debi Exactly!
Jun 13, 2013 04:32AM · flag

Totally. Many things annoyed me in this book, yet I also found it hard to put down.
The thing that annoyed me most while reading were the seemingly endless in-detail descriptions of things that were completely irrelevant to the story. At times it seemed more like a tourist guide than a novel. Angels & Demons (Robert Langdon, #1) by Dan Brown and The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon, #2) by Dan Brown also featured MANY descriptions, but at least they were always related to the story line. Well, at least as far as I can remember.

That's pretty much Dan Brown in a nutshell. While his books will occasionally irritate me (this one in particular, BIG TIME) they are insanely readable and tough to put down.