Divergent (Divergent, #1) Divergent discussion

Divergent Song

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nova (new)

Nova Zaiden I wrote a song that describes Divergent in my opinion. It's straight piano and I am singing it. Only thing is that I'm so scared of posting it because I'm a major Divergent fan and I don't think anyone will listen to it or will like it.

I'm just asking for your opinion. Do you think I should record it. I mean, would you listen to it?

Sample lyrics:

And I know,
You don't see me,
You don't feel me.
You don't believe me.
But your mind could never shut me out.

Here my voice,
Nothing controls you,
You make the last move,
I'd never hurt you,
"Because to shoot you would be like shooting myself".

Please give me some advice?

♪♫Gloria♫♪ It's good, but you should add more to the lyrics.

Lily Smith YES!!! You should! :)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

It is very good. "Here my voice" should be "Hear my voice" though, I think. Super! Deffo record it.

message 5: by Nova (new)

Nova Zaiden *Gloria* ~In The Clouds~ wrote: "It's good, but you should add more to the lyrics."

Funny u say that. it's a 5 minute song, those are just sample lyrics because I feel like if I post everything, someone might steal it, hehe.

message 6: by Nova (new)

Nova Zaiden Lily wrote: "YES!!! You should! :)"

Thanks so much!!! I think I will, just soon. Before Allegiant I promise!

Pranshu You should really post it, the lyrics definitely seem to reflect the book! And post the link on this thread so I can see it :D Can't wait!

message 8: by Nova (new)

Nova Zaiden Anastasia Inkyfingers wrote: "It is very good. "Here my voice" should be "Hear my voice" though, I think. Super! Deffo record it."

TYPO ALERT! Yeah, that was all me. I assure you that it's supposed to be Hear. And yeah, I'll record it soon. Before Allegiant, I promise!

message 9: by Nova (new)

Nova Zaiden Josie wrote: "I agree! It's well-written, too. I have a question, more for poetics than anything. Who are you singing/writing about in the first and second verses?"

It's all in Tris' point of view. Except the Chorus is in Four's. HEHE

First is about Her choosing Dauntless. First line is: "I am color in a world of grey" just cos Abnegation is grey... GET IT??

And the second verse is about how she's coping in Dauntless.

message 10: by Nova (new)

Nova Zaiden Pranshu wrote: "You should really post it, the lyrics definitely seem to reflect the book! And post the link on this thread so I can see it :D Can't wait!"

THANK YOU!!!

Alisha I really like it! You should definitely make more lyrics!

message 12: by Nova (new)

Nova Zaiden Alisha wrote: "I really like it! You should definitely make more lyrics!"

Like I told the other commenter, it's a full, 5 minute song. I just post a set of sample lyrics.

Isabelle Post more LYRICS PLEASEEE!!!!

message 14: by Nova (new)

Nova Zaiden Isabelle wrote: "Post more LYRICS PLEASEEE!!!!"

LOL, I feel like now I should... hehe

Isabelle Hahaha you really should! It could be like our Divergent Anthem :)

message 16: by Nova (new)

Nova Zaiden Isabelle wrote: "Hahaha you really should! It could be like our Divergent Anthem :)"

I'd be honored :)

Isabelle Are you done with the lyrics or are just getting started? :)

message 18: by Nova (new)

Nova Zaiden Isabelle wrote: "Are you done with the lyrics or are just getting started? :)"

Totally finished. And I'm editing the video now :P

Savannah Yay! I love when people make the songs to go with books. I think it was in the shiver trilogy or something that the guy character sang a song.... and someone actually put music to it and sang it. Anyway, *I digress* but POST ITTT.

Isabelle Yay!!! Please tell when you've already posted it! So excited!!!

message 21: by Nova (new)

Nova Zaiden Josie wrote: "I agree! It's well-written, too. I have a question, more for poetics than anything. Who are you singing/writing about in the first and second verses?"

Anastasia Inkyfingers wrote: "It is very good. "Here my voice" should be "Hear my voice" though, I think. Super! Deffo record it."

POSTED IT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ9KMq...

Lily wrote: "YES!!! You should! :)"

*Gloria* ~In The Clouds~ wrote: "It's good, but you should add more to the lyrics."

Pranshu wrote: "You should really post it, the lyrics definitely seem to reflect the book! And post the link on this thread so I can see it :D Can't wait!"

Alisha wrote: "I really like it! You should definitely make more lyrics!"

Savannah wrote: "Yay! I love when people make the songs to go with books. I think it was in the shiver trilogy or something that the guy character sang a song.... and someone actually put music to it and sang it. A..."

Isabelle wrote: "Yay!!! Please tell when you've already posted it! So excited!!!"

Sarah I'm listening to it right now! It is amazing! You are an amazing writer and singer!

message 23: by Nova (new)

Nova Zaiden Smiles wrote: "I'm listening to it right now! It is amazing! You are an amazing writer and singer!"

Thanks, there's a link in the description. If you have twitter, would you mind tweeting the link to Veronica.

Sarah I don't have twitter, maybe you should comment on her blog:

www.veronicarothbooks.blogspot.com

Teresa What you ought to do is write out the rest of the Lyrics. It is a GREAT song, but honestly it does need more lyrics.
Afterwards you make a video of it for "You Tube", then post it on Goodreads.
It's just a suggestion. I just thought it sounded good as I was writing it down here.

message 26: by Nova (new)

Nova Zaiden It's on YouTube already

Teresa How do I look it up, Nova Lee?

message 28: by Nova (new)

Nova Zaiden It's in one of my reply comments, just look for it in the thread :)

Teresa Might I say Nova Lee, first off, one word: "WOW" that was SO AWESOME, but the song stopped so eruptedly. It was like:"I want MORE of that song. Just WOW. I just want you to know that I put it on my MP3 Player, it was THAT GOOD, Nova.
This is the thing:It needs to be longer, truthfully. Now, not that you don't have the "cutest" voice, when you make it longer, like, introduce the song, play it, then see how well it gets Reviews or something like that.

Isabelle Oh my gosh!!!! I love it!!! Since it's morning here in the Philippines, I just woke up and the first thing I did was to check up on your song and then I clicked the link and THE SONG MADE MY DAY even though its just starting! Hahaha GOOD JOB!!!

message 31: by Nova (new)

Nova Zaiden Isabelle wrote: "Oh my gosh!!!! I love it!!! Since it's morning here in the Philippines, I just woke up and the first thing I did was to check up on your song and then I clicked the link and THE SONG MADE MY DAY ev..."

If it isn' too much to ask, please help me spread it around. I'm trying to post to Divergent forums, but I can't do it alone. I'm also trying to get the attention of Veronica Roth.

Isabelle Sure! I'll help you! :) If we can get to Veronica, maybe she'll put your song in the movie!

message 33: by Nova (new)

Nova Zaiden Isabelle wrote: "Sure! I'll help you! :) If we can get to Veronica, maybe she'll put your song in the movie!"

That's the dream ;P

Hannah Those are awesome lyrics! Great job! Just be reminded that there are mean people out there that will put you down, but don't let that ruin your dream. Keep Calm and Carry On :)

message 35: by Nova (new)

Nova Zaiden Hannah wrote: "Those are awesome lyrics! Great job! Just be reminded that there are mean people out there that will put you down, but don't let that ruin your dream. Keep Calm and Carry On :)"

Totally right. I've dealt with mean people and I try to keep the idea of professionalism up. I may be young but people forget that I've talked to authors whom I consider clients and I have to be professional. I like to think of it as "I've got 2 dislikes, I must be popular).

But thank you for your kind words, if you've got twitter, mind tweeting the vid link to Veronica Roth?

Pranshu Just heard the song and now I want to make a twitter just so I can send this to Veronica Roth but my parents won't let me D: But you did a great job! It would be amazing to hear it in the movie. Maybe during the Choosing Ceremony or when Four and Tris kiss or when Four is about to kill Tris or the end. . . just during the whole dang movie, this song would be awesome! Once again, great job :D

message 37: by Teresa (last edited Jun 03, 2013 04:05PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Teresa Nova Lee, I Tweeted Veronica Roth and sent her your Video and told her to watch the Video and see if she could add it to the Divergent Movie. Good Luck to you. It would be WONDERFUL if she actually added it to the Movie.