She-Geeks discussion

Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 1 (Library Wars: Love & War, #1)
This topic is about Library Wars
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Library Wars: Love & War Vol. 1 by by Kiiro Yumi & Hiro Arikawa (June Read)

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelly (last edited Jun 01, 2013 09:36AM) (new)

Kelly (xitomatl) Introducing this month's Manga read is Library Wars: Love and War Vol. 1 by Kiiro Yumi and Hiro Arikawa. Please feel free to jump right in with any discussion of the book.

Please note: if you are going to discuss any major plot points or spoilers, please put it behind spoiler tags! Please go here if you don't know how to use the tags.

Elizabeth Warren | 2 comments Anyone else finish this? I really enjoyed it and plan to continue reading the series.

message 3: by Jean (last edited Jun 16, 2013 08:10AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jean (otakumom) I enjoyed the series too. Kasahara cracks me up and I do find her endearing. She's a tomboy who isn't the sharpest tool in the shed but has a strong sense of justice and integrity and willing to learn. And she does have a lot to learn.

(view spoiler)

message 4: by Arielle Rae (last edited Jun 18, 2013 03:23AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Arielle Rae Aguilar | 34 comments This series is so much fun to read! Up to volume 9 now and I think thats the latest one to be published

message 5: by Atm (new) - rated it 5 stars

Atm (aryes) | 21 comments I haven't read the series yet, but i was actually planning to so this is cool that it is one of the discussion books up. It makes me feel the need to read it soon! I WILL READ!!!!

Jean (otakumom) Atm wrote: "I haven't read the series yet, but i was actually planning to so this is cool that it is one of the discussion books up. It makes me feel the need to read it soon! I WILL READ!!!!"

Give a shout when you do! I was recently introduced to it from a fellow GR friend and was hooked. Hope it is the same with you :)

Jean (otakumom) Has anyone heard anything about the live-action movie of the series? I know it was supposed to be released in April in Japan but haven't heard anything about it since.

Jean (otakumom) Oops. Never mind. I found a review on Kotaku.

Here's the link in case you are interested.
http://kotaku.com/the-library-wars-li...

Jennifer (gxeninjo) | 10 comments Overall I enjoyed the book, but I found Kasahara to be very annoying, and I wonder how she survives in her program. I have the second volume from the library, and I'm going to continue it because the premise is really interesting. I have hopes for this series. I am curious to see how the world develops. I wish we could read the original novel though, all too often I read a manga and then find out it was adapted from a novel that hasn't been translated into English.

message 10: by Jean (last edited Jun 30, 2013 03:24PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jean (otakumom) Jennifer wrote: "I wish we could read the original novel though, all too often I read a manga and then find out it was adapted from a novel that hasn't been translated into English."

Ditto! There are so many series that I would prefer to have read the light novel series if it were available in English. sigh.

I also go from finding Kasahara endearing yet annoying at times too. While I like that she's not the sharpest tool in the shed, it can be a bit much at times especially the way its developed.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.