Webcomic Wonderland discussion

Webcomic Discussions > Member's Choice: June - Plume

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 1179 comments Discuss Plume here!

Plume is a story set in the Old West about a girl named Vesper Grey and her supernatural companion, Corrick. On their quest to recover her father's life work, they encounter new friends and new foes, and learn that the Wild West is anything but tame.

message 2: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 1179 comments As far as I'm concerned, Wild West+magic=awesome, so I really like Plume. It's got gorgeous character designs. I love the way that Vesper and Corrick don't have lines in their hair. It looks really neat: kind of ethereal. It's a funny webcomic and has a great sense of timing and layout. I read in Making Comics: Storytelling Secrets of Comics, Manga and Graphic Novels that it's really important which moments you choose to put in each panel to get across the mood and story. I think that K. Lynn Smith chose wonderful moments.

message 3: by jenny (new)

jenny Kristen wrote: "I love the way that Vesper and Corrick don't have lines in their hair. It looks really..."

I never noticed that Kristen. You're right, it does give them an ethereal quality. I love the art in general, but especially the characters eyes. Vesper's eyes are the deepest blue and Corrick's all golden and glowy.

I also love the way the setting of the old west is combined with the supernatural artifacts. The whole thing is just cool. The story is really engaging and K. Lynn Smith's timing is spot-on. In a nutshell, I love Plume and can't wait to find out what happens next.

message 4: by Kristen (new)

Kristen | 1179 comments Jennifer wrote: "Kristen wrote: "I love the way that Vesper and Corrick don't have lines in their hair. It looks really..."

I never noticed that Kristen. You're right, it does give them an ethereal quality. I love..."

I like the color choice for the eyes, too. Again, it adds to the mystical quality.