Happily Ever After Cafe discussion

Heroes And Heroines > Quirky Heroines

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

namericanwordcat | 591 comments Now seeking... Eccentric, goofy, silly, adorable, quirky heroines whom their heros just love. Wonderful women who don't take themselves so seriously.

These are some of my favorite kinds of leading ladies.

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/38...

message 2: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Ah. I have to think about that one some more, NAWC, though I voted.

message 3: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (rosanna_leo) I love a good quirky heroine. I've never enjoyed heroines who seemed perfect or perfectly lovely. I like them to have some sort of imperfection that makes them real, like the girls I knew grewing up.

namericanwordcat | 591 comments I like them to have ticks. I love that Blayne is super hyper in the Laurenston books. lol

message 5: by Rosanna (new)

Rosanna Leo (rosanna_leo) namericanwordcat wrote: "I like them to have ticks. I love that Blayne is super hyper in the Laurenston books. lol"

Agreed. It's why I always promised myself I'd never write a supermodel heroine. They need to be real, with quirks and issues.

message 6: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Found one! Defying the Odds (Battered Hearts, #1) by Kele Moon

namericanwordcat | 591 comments She is a good one!

message 8: by Mary (new)

Mary | 1 comments The h in the Out of Time series by Monique Martin is fun (Sorry, I don't know how to put the book cover in my comment).

message 9: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments ~ How to Add a Bookcover Link ~

• Click on the "add book/author link above the text box which you're typing in for the discussion.

• Notice a search box or “look-up” opens up and at the bottom the words
                                   add: ⦿ link 〇cover
The little blue dot is will always first default to link unless you click on cover.

• Type in the title you of the book you desire, and click "search".

• Click on the "add" button next to the option you want to include and the html for the cover will appear in your text box.

• Make sure that "cover" is chosen before you click the big “search” button, but if you forget, you can always put your cursor after the word “book” and before the colon: in the link, type in "cover" and the bookcover will appear.

I'll put an asterisk* in the code so you can see the book numbers are the same:

[*book:Through a Dark Mist|7776013]
[*bookcover:Through a Dark Mist|7776013]

Results :

Through a Dark Mist = link

Through a Dark Mist by Marsha Canham = bookcover link

• If the bookcover that appears is not the one you want, simply click on "other editions" right under the add button. Page numbers are at the bottom of the "look-up". Browse until you find the cover you desire.

• Do a preview, if you like. Just click (preview) in parentheses in light grey to the right of the big post button.

Hope this helps!

message 10: by Christine (new)

Christine Feldman Yay! I just tried it, and it worked! Thanks, Lisa!

message 11: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Sure, Christine!

message 12: by Helena (new)

Helena Fairfax (helenafairfax) | 29 comments Lisa, thanks so much! I've been wondering how that worked for ages!

message 13: by Kelli (new)

Kelli Evans (goodreadscomKelli_Evans) | 4 comments I don't know if this is allowed here and I promise not to spam the group with self-promo but I do have a quirky heroine. Reagan from Lucky Enough (Whisper Hollow, #1) by Kelli Evans she's funny, clutzy, and really loveable.

message 14: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 591 comments Was already on my to buy list! So, I did!

message 15: by Pamela(AllHoney), Fairy Godmother (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 14526 comments Thanks, Kelli!

message 16: by Kelli (new)

Kelli Evans (goodreadscomKelli_Evans) | 4 comments Of course!
&
I hope you enjoy it!

message 17: by June (new)

June (ladyjune) | 630 comments I read ARC for Crazy for You by Juliet Rosetti I think its really funny. I reccomend it for quick laugh

message 18: by Sonya (new)

Sonya Heaney | 160 comments I have a socially awkward heroines shelf. Many of them are shy or something, but I guess many would fit the 'quirky' description.

Here are some suggestions:

Historical

Miss Molly Robbins Designs a Seduction (Sydney Dovedale, #4) by Jayne Fresina Love in the Afternoon (The Hathaways, #5) by Lisa Kleypas The Scandal Before Christmas (The Reckless Brides, #3.5) by Elizabeth Essex The Perfect Rake (The Merridew Sisters, #1) by Anne Gracie

Contemporary and Suspense

Open Season by Linda Howard Crazy Kisses (Steele Street, #4) by Tara Janzen Shades Of Twilight by Linda Howard Walk on the Wild Side by Natalie Anderson No Regrets (Delta Force, #1) by Shannon K. Butcher

Also, Jill Shalvis writes a lot of quirky heroines.

message 19: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Oh! I'm re-listening to Open Season by Linda Howard now. Love that book. I have company here and I pop it in when I can. I know - and love - the storyline, so I don't have to concentrate.

message 20: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 591 comments Cool!

message 21: by ☆Eiko (new)

☆Eiko (sillytachi) | 343 comments I recommend Neanderthal Seeks Human Neanderthal Seeks Human A Smart Romance (Knitting in the City, #1) by Penny Reid , the heroine is quirky in a way that she knows random facts and has trouble concentrating in her real life, making her lose her fiance. It's cute and a fast read.

message 22: by Ipshita (new)

Ipshita (miss_romanceaholic) | 1031 comments Playing for Keeps (Neighbor from Hell, #1) by R.L. Mathewson Playing for Keeps, A Reclusive Heart (Hollywood Hearts, #2) by R.L. Mathewson A Reclusive Heart, Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie Bet Me .

message 23: by Sonya (new)

Sonya Heaney | 160 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Oh! I'm re-listening to Open Season by Linda Howard now. Love that book. I have company here and I pop it in when I can. I know - and love - the storyline, so I don't have to concentrate."

I really need to reread Linda Howard more often. Her books just don't seem to age like many do. And that condom-buying scene in Open Season? I smile just thinking about it!

message 24: by Lisa Kay, Tinker Bell (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 21897 comments Yes, that is such a great scene, Sonya! LMBO!

message 25: by Julia (new)

Julia Ariss Fanny Bower Puts Herself Out There by Julia Ariss
If you like quirky romantic heroines, Fanny fits the bill. This is light women's fiction/romantic comedy/introvert lit. Hope you enjoy. Honest reviews are appreciated. Thanks, Julia

Ellen (more books, please) (ellenlovestoread) | 22 comments I really liked these two. Both were freebies on Amazon for me which can be scary. But they were well edited and professionally done.

This Time Next Door and I Kill Me: Tales of A Jilted Hypochondriac

message 27: by Julia (new)

Julia Ariss Hello Ellen,

I Kill Me: Tales of A Jilted Hypochondriac is a clever title worth a second look. Thanks,
Julia

message 28: by Tracey (new)

Tracey Cramer-Kelly (traceycramer-kelly) | 19 comments If you consider lady motorcycle riders (biker chicks) quirky, you'd like Take Two a Hollywood Romance (Lady Biker Series) by Tracey Cramer-Kelly

message 29: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 591 comments lol Quirky is more cute than scarey

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 13013 comments The Countess Conspiracy (Brothers Sinister, #3) by Courtney Milan -Violet is a botanist in the Victorian age, definitely quirky for the times.

message 31: by Julia (new)

Julia Ariss Fanny Bower Puts Herself Out There Quirky romantic satire Free Feb 18,19,20

message 32: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 591 comments Missed it! Darn.