IGGPPC : Iggle BookWorms discussion

The Historian
This topic is about The Historian
Book Discussions > June 2013 Book of the Month: The Historian

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelletheresa) | 228 comments The book for June is The Historian. Happy reading everyone!!

Badschnoodles Genevieve (badschnoodles) | 89 comments Ordered from the library! I've never read it so looking forwards to it.

Katie | 45 comments Just ordered it from the library as well.

Badschnoodles Genevieve (badschnoodles) | 89 comments I got as far as page 60 and just cannot get into it. The style is irritating to me and having put it down for two days I find I have no interest in going back to it. So, maybe July's book will be more my style.

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (persephone17) I still haven't been able to get this...so I don't think I'll be able to read it in time. :/

message 6: by Simay (new) - added it

Simay Yildiz (zimlicious) | 33 comments I'm late to the party anyways, but I agree with Badschnoodles. It's been sitting on my shelf for years now, and I haven't made it past page 50 or so. One of these days I'm gonna pick it up and try again.

Katie | 45 comments It took a lot, but I did get through it somehow, it's not something I would pick up again though. Really not into the writing style, even if the story overall was good, just not told well.

message 8: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (persephone17) Yeah, I feel like I might have to skip this one...

message 9: by Simay (new) - added it

Simay Yildiz (zimlicious) | 33 comments I feel like skipping, too, but then I'm also very curious. I keep picking it up from the shelf and then putting it back again.

Astratkotter | 11 comments I read this at some point last year, I think it's one of those books that people either do, or don't like. Seems like there's not a lot of in-betweeners. I personally really enjoyed it! I love historical fiction, mystery novels, vampire novels (not the twilight-y kind), and Bram Stokers Dracula: So this story was right up my alley. I will admit I did skip over a couple chapters.. Some if the more "historical" chapters were really dry. I will also say that I could hardly put the book down because I couldn't wait for the end when they mystery would be solved, and I was a bit let down by the ending. Regardless of the ending this novel ended up being one of my favorites.