This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

I hate that Kasia almost made me feel bad about my eating habits today!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 132 (132 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by The Crimson Fucker (last edited Apr 24, 2009 11:57AM) (new)

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments So there was I watching Colbert talking about some dude being the son of a woman an a alligator… when I decided that my cheerios were missing something… so I went to the kitchen and added some sugar or as I like to call it… the flavor booster! when my brain betrayed me (I don’t know why it keeps doing that lately) the thing is that I almost felt bad… I thankfully did what I always do when confronting by the fear of the lots of lots of things that I keep finding myself doing here in America… things I never did back in my country… I did a WWND (or what would nick do) so I added more sugar to it =) it was delicious! Fuck you kasia, fuck you and all you Europeans bastards!!!

message 2: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Fonze, honey is also good. And have you tried eating Cheerios with horchata instead of milk?

message 3: by Kasia (new)

Kasia horchata?

message 4: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments http://www.juicetyme.com/images/horch...

Basically it's very sweet rice milk with cinnamon. It also comes in strawberry flavor. It's a Latin American beverage. Very good stuff.

message 5: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Aaah! Sounds yummy... Thanks Rusty.

And Fonzo, since when do you listen to me??! It's not a good habit, you should look into that. In the meantime: have some Cheerios (though I must admit the sugar grosses me out)

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) You didn't buy Honey Nut Cheerios? Silly man.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Mmm...I love Honey Nut Cheerios!

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments They are honey nut and I do have honey and I like it better with honey, but to be honest after she said what she said about sugar and cheerios… I just had to do it =)

message 9: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 0 comments They're good like that every once in a while. Its like a plain, sugar coated doughnut.

message 10: by Kasia (new)

Kasia ::going into an insulin induced coma::

message 11: by Donitello (new)

Donitello Okay, I know I said that about Cheerios in another thread? But... like... don't actually EAT that s**t. Because VIRTUALLY ALL POPULAR AMERICAN CEREALS ARE SUSPECTED TO CONTAIN "GM" GRAINS, WITH NO USDA LABELING.

WIKIPEDIA: "Genetically Modified (GM) Foods are made from organisms that have been given specific traits through genetic engineering (unlike food organisms developed through the conventional plant breeding and animal breeding, or mutation breeding). Critics have objected to GM foods on several grounds, including that they cause organ and immune system damage."

CENTER FOR FOOD SAFETY: "A number of studies over the past decade have revealed that genetically engineered foods can pose serious risks to humans, domesticated animals, wildlife and the environment. Human health effects can include higher risks of toxicity, allergenicity, antibiotic resistance, immune-suppression and cancer. As for environmental impacts, the use of genetic engineering in agriculture will lead to uncontrolled biological pollution, threatening numerous microbial, plant and animal species with extinction, and the potential contamination of all non-genetically engineered life forms with novel and possibly hazardous genetic material."

My husband has been a BIG Cheerios eater for some years now. Recently I've convinced him of the health advantages of organic cereals, which, at sale prices, are as inexpensive or cheaper than the mainstream brands. (In absence of lower prices, I've found that witholding sex also works well.)

Key point: Do what you have to do, but STOP EATING THAT S**T IMMEDIATELY!

message 12: by Donitello (new)

Donitello Or maybe you all knew this already? Like the Jane Austen/Zombie thing? Hard to know what's news around here....

message 13: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments It's news to me Doni! I thought Cheerios were packed with wholesome goodness.

message 14: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Rice milk? That sounds suspiciously like a hippie beverage, Rusty.

message 15: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Doni, you know spam is not welcome here, right?

message 16: by Donitello (new)

Donitello Um.... Wha?

So do you know about Cheerios or don't you?

message 17: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) I kind of like a little Spam on occasion. It's a bit over salted to my taste, but still. Fry the hell out of it and put it on a sandwich with lotsa mustard and a slice of cheese...mmmmmm, mechanically separated pork heaven.

message 18: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Oh that Spam is more than welcome, Tom.

message 19: by Donitello (new)

Donitello Listen, people, I'm not going to take this seriously if you aren't.

message 20: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Then we are of one mind.

message 21: by Donitello (new)

Donitello That's more like it!

message 22: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments If you agree with me, you misunderstood.......

message 23: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) I'm stepping out of the house a moment to go pick up some aluminum foil, Doni, and i'll take this seriously when i get back.

Soo....when i make the hat, is it best to carefully cover an existing hat, or should i make the hat out of 100% foil?

message 24: by Donitello (new)

Donitello Rusty wrote: "If you agree with me, you misunderstood......."

I didn't, therefore I didn't.

message 25: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Aahhhhhh, then the world can continue to spin on its axis.

message 26: by Donitello (new)

Donitello Except I don't understand about the aluminum foil.

message 27: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I don't know what the fuck you people are talking about.

message 28: by Donitello (new)

Donitello There you go.

message 29: by Kasia (new)

Kasia Doni, you're not dorky enough I think the foil hats are a reference to that crappy movie Signs [image error]
or just a precaution from an alien invasion in general. At least that's what I from it.

message 30: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) It was a subtle suggestion that anyone who is that concerned about genetically modified cheerios is also likely to be concerned about CIA/alien mind control rays. Prolly thinks Castro was behind JFK, too.

message 31: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Oh I get it. Thanks Tom. I'm going to carry on feeding my children large quantities of genetically modified cheerios then.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Good girl.

message 33: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 25, 2009 07:27PM) (new)

"VIRTUALLY ALL POPULAR AMERICAN CEREALS ARE SUSPECTED TO CONTAIN "GM" GRAINS"

Fortunately, I continue to subscribe to the popular American belief of innocent until proven guilty ;D So I guess I'm good with the Cheerios....

Except for the fact that the only breakfast that should come out of a box is best
lit, accompanied by several cups of coffee & will give you cancer.

hmmm...Cheerios vs my morning Cigarette...it's a toughie...

message 34: by Donitello (new)

Donitello Just don't come crying to me when your cells explode.

message 35: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 0 comments Right, like when his cells explode he'd be able to crawl.

message 36: by Donitello (new)

Donitello Hee hee!!

Dang, girl, can't get anything past YOU.

message 37: by Donitello (new)

Donitello Kasia, I am definitely dorky enough. I am, admittedly, not nearly as dorky as some, but it is enough for me. But thanks for the info on the hats. Which leads me to....

message 38: by Donitello (new)

Donitello Golly-winkies, Tom, ad hominems instead of arguments? Why, it seems a little bit... almost... well... hateful.

Good work, I guess I should say.

message 39: by Donitello (new)

Donitello And Rusty, which part was the spam? I never got that, just figured it was yet another of the volume of quips that fly over my head....

message 40: by Rusty (last edited Apr 27, 2009 11:47AM) (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments Okay, I know I said that about Cheerios in another thread? But... like... don't actually EAT that s**t. Because VIRTUALLY ALL POPULAR AMERICAN CEREALS ARE SUSPECTED TO CONTAIN "GM" GRAINS, WITH NO USDA LABELING.

WIKIPEDIA: "Genetically Modified (GM) Foods are made from organisms that have been given specific traits through genetic engineering (unlike food organisms developed through the conventional plant breeding and animal breeding, or mutation breeding). Critics have objected to GM foods on several grounds, including that they cause organ and immune system damage."

CENTER FOR FOOD SAFETY: "A number of studies over the past decade have revealed that genetically engineered foods can pose serious risks to humans, domesticated animals, wildlife and the environment. Human health effects can include higher risks of toxicity, allergenicity, antibiotic resistance, immune-suppression and cancer. As for environmental impacts, the use of genetic engineering in agriculture will lead to uncontrolled biological pollution, threatening numerous microbial, plant and animal species with extinction, and the potential contamination of all non-genetically engineered life forms with novel and possibly hazardous genetic material."

My husband has been a BIG Cheerios eater for some years now. Recently I've convinced him of the health advantages of organic cereals, which, at sale prices, are as inexpensive or cheaper than the mainstream brands. (In absence of lower prices, I've found that witholding sex also works well.)

Key point: Do what you have to do, but STOP EATING THAT S**T IMMEDIATELY!

That is pure spam, chiquita. I kept waiting for you to demand that I send it to ten people within the next three minutes.

message 41: by Donitello (new)

Donitello That's spam?? How so?

Possibly I'm EXTREMELY unclear on the meaning of the word. Wikipedia, here I come....

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Doni, it just looks EXACTLY like emails that get forwarded to you from mothers and aunts who watch too much 20/20 and Dateline. Sometimes they're well-intentioned, and sometimes they're scare ploys to get you to forward the list to mass people, spreading email addresses around quickly. Snopes.com has a section to check the validity of email SPAM forwards. Yours just sounded exactly like one of those.

message 43: by Donitello (new)

Donitello Ahhhh, judging things by their appearance. We also have that on MY planet.

Just a thought: One COULD look up the resumes of the staff and Board of Advisors of the Center for Food Safety, cited above. Or, alternately, one could sit around waiting for me to make email-forwarding "demands" I never had any thought of making. Totally an individual choice.

message 44: by Sally (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 0 comments Good lord! Defending your post to the death?

message 45: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Of course, you could always eat nothing but 100% natural Certified Organic® cereals and produce, and still get bit on the tongue by a USDA Choice black widow on your 100% pesticide free® Certified Organic® grapes.

message 46: by Donitello (new)

Donitello Look, eat what you want. Also, read what you want, and, while we're on the subject, forward what you want. If you don't think genetically engineered foods are a problem, then you disagree with me. I'll tell you what: I promise not to call you spammers or dorks or anything else for doing so.

message 47: by Donitello (new)

Donitello (Gretchen, don't feed it to your kids.)

Servius  Heiner Feed away Gretchen... Doni, you are being ricockulous. There is nothing dangerous with GM food and there is nothing dangerous with cloned live stock either.

There is something seriously wrong with spamming though, bend over and prepare your self for a group flogging.

message 49: by Donitello (new)

Donitello WHAT THE...??

How. On EARTH. Was that thing "spam."

I've got to go out for a few hours, but look forward to learning new things upon my return. If bending over is required, fair enough, but so far I am in NO way convinced.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, Doni, it wasn't spam. It only resembled it. If you went around and posted that gm news on everyone's profile or into their inbox or in various groups, it would be spam. It just looked like spam. Don't get your feelers bent outta shape. You need those!

« previous 1 3