She-Geeks discussion

TV Shows > Orphan Black

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lianne (new)

Lianne (eclecticreading) Is anyone here watching this awesome new show? It airs on BBC America and Space.

I was curious about the show because Space was promoting it heavily a few months ago, around the same time that the series 7.5 of Doctor Who was being promoted. The trailer piqued my interest and I was hooked after the pilot episode. Clones, conspiracies, character drama, and the awesomeness that is Tatiana Maslany...I'm so psyched for the series 1 finale tonight =)

message 2: by Juleen (new)

Juleen | 2 comments I love Orphan Black. I got one of my daughters hooked and now I'm working on another. I'm hoping to have the whole family watching by the time the second season starts.

message 3: by Lianne (new)

Lianne (eclecticreading) Juleen wrote: "I love Orphan Black. I got one of my daughters hooked and now I'm working on another. I'm hoping to have the whole family watching by the time the second season starts."

Nice! My brother and I did that with our parents; they're pretty hooked on the show now lol.

How did you find the finale last night? It was pretty intense/crazy/intriguing. I can't wait to get my hands on the boxed set so that I can re-watch all the episodes again xD

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I love this show! And that finale was so intense. I hate that it's only 10 episodes then another year before we get to see more.

(view spoiler)

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim (jkmfilms) | 109 comments Weird - just last night my wife was reading something, and she said to me, "Have you heard of this show on BBC? Orphan Black?"

It really sounds interesting - I'm going to have to check it out.

message 6: by Anna (Bananas) (new)

Anna (Bananas) | 758 comments I keep hearing about this and want to check it out. It's on DVD now apparently but are old episodes still playing on TV?

message 7: by Lianne (new)

Lianne (eclecticreading) Anna & Jim, hope you get a chance to check it out, it's amazing (and very addictive, lol)

Manette -- (view spoiler)

message 8: by Stefani - SpelingExpirt, White Rabbit (new)

Stefani - SpelingExpirt (speling_expirt) | 307 comments Mod
I finally got around to watching this. I had to marathon watch it because it was so gripping and intense. Not long to go until S2, thankfully!

message 9: by Jim (last edited Jan 24, 2014 10:15PM) (new)

Jim (jkmfilms) | 109 comments Stefani - SpelingExpirt wrote: "I finally got around to watching this. I had to marathon watch it because it was so gripping and intense. Not long to go until S2, thankfully!"

I know! Isn't it great? I finally watched it, loved it, and got my partner into it (who generally isn't into geeky stuff at all), and she liked it. So we're looking forward to season 2.

Tatiana Maslany is an amazing actor.

message 10: by Charmy (new)

Charmy | 9 comments I am always looking for a new Sci-Fi TV show to plug in to. I end up always going back to re-runs of Eureka and BSG when the craving becomes overwhelming.

message 11: by Lianne (new)

Lianne (eclecticreading) Stefani - SpelingExpirt wrote: "I finally got around to watching this. I had to marathon watch it because it was so gripping and intense. Not long to go until S2, thankfully!"

It's pretty intense/addictive/awesome, isn't it? :) I'm so happy that season 2 is so close now--seems like we've been waiting forever, lol!

message 12: by Stefani - SpelingExpirt, White Rabbit (new)

Stefani - SpelingExpirt (speling_expirt) | 307 comments Mod
Has anyone been watching the really short promo clips they released for series two? They look amazing and tense and have definitely woke in getting me more excited!

message 13: by Martha (new)

Martha Burns | 22 comments Watched the first season 2 episode last night. Although still stoked, I hope they do not draw the missing daughter out thing too long. For those who have not seen it, two words: Felix Chaps.

message 14: by Jim (new)

Jim (jkmfilms) | 109 comments Aw, crap! It started and I missed it?
D'oh!
Maybe I DVR'd without knowing it...

message 15: by thalassic (new)

thalassic Martha wrote: "Watched the first season 2 episode last night. Although still stoked, I hope they do not draw the missing daughter out thing too long. For those who have not seen it, two words: Felix Chaps."

I liked the episode quite a lot but I do agree with you. I'd much rather spend the time learning about why Kira even exists than with a long struggle to find her and get her back. As for Felix, I loved that when both Sarah and Allison noticed the chaps they had the same reaction ... "What are you wearing?!?"

Jim, Amazon has the rights to BBC shows and it looks like they add the new episodes right away. If it's not on the dvr and you miss the replays, that's at least another option.

message 16: by Anna (Bananas) (new)

Anna (Bananas) | 758 comments Finally got into this and I love it! I'm on season 2 now.

message 17: by Blake (new)

Blake Northcott (blake_northcott) | 3 comments I love this show - am TOTALLY obsessed with Felix. I want to be his BFF. Tatiana is a GENIUS :)

message 18: by Jim (new)

Jim (jkmfilms) | 109 comments I'm a few episodes into Season 3 and still really love it! It does get a little convoluted at times, though.

Felix really makes the show. :)

It's funny, I think I equate Tatiana as playing Sarah, and I almost feel like all the other sisters are being played by someone else, she's so good. Tatiana needs an emmy for this show - as do the folks who do hair and makeup!

message 19: by Anna (Bananas) (new)

Anna (Bananas) | 758 comments Felix is fun! I'm loving the Castor clones.

I was reading something about the show being nominated for awards the other day and Tatiana was nominated. I thought what about the other girls? I literally forgot they're all the same actress for a second.

message 20: by Anna (Bananas) (new)

Anna (Bananas) | 758 comments She's that good.

message 21: by Jim (new)

Jim (jkmfilms) | 109 comments She really is!!

message 22: by EvaCatReads (new)

EvaCatReads My friend encouraged me to watch it and then my Media teacher set it for homework over the summer XD So I had an excuse to fly through it XD

message 23: by Elaine (new)

Elaine Howlin (elainehowlinbooks) Eva Inevitable wrote: "My friend encouraged me to watch it and then my Media teacher set it for homework over the summer XD So I had an excuse to fly through it XD"

That's the kind of homework you want to get haha