Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > LizH's May reads

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Strange reading month, romance, fiction and of course mystery. Wait, that's what I mostly read, HA! Nothing was a major standout, not one I need to run to others to tell all about, but some good reads none the less.

22.23.24.HOT SECRETS; DANGEROUS SECRETS; SECRETS EXPOSED *** all by Lisa Renee Jones. Sex, more sex, plot, sex, characters, plot and more sex. It did hold my interest through all 3 books, so I guess I just needed some mindless drivel for a week or so :)
25. NO COLDER PLACE by SJ Rozan ****Another great installment in this series, from Bill's point of view. Lots of good twists that had me guessing, and is it my imagination, or are Bill and Lydia getting closer?
26. THE DEAD DON'T DANCE by Charles Martin **** Beautifully written full of emotion, love, loss, and above all never giving up hope. Should be 4.5 stars, too good to be just a 4, not quite a 5. There are some many reasons why he is one of my favorite authors, his writing is top notch!
27. THE THIRD RAIL by Michael Harvey *** 1/2.Love the Chicago setting, lived there for many years and I miss it! I lived there when this crash happened, and even though i was young, it was very concerning to me! Liked the main character, the plot and of course the twists! Will continue with this series that I have neglected. Would rate it a 3.5

message 2: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2706 comments I like Harvey too. He knows Chicago well, and for another native, it's a nice trip back.

message 3: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1320 comments No Colder Place was great!! You've got some great reading ahead of you!

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14813 comments Good mix, Liz! I have found myself wishing for 1/2 stars on occasion too, but if GR started those I would have to revise hundreds of rankings, so I suppose best not to have them. As for Bill and Lydia, as romance fans, we can always hope they are! ;)
LizH wrote: "Strange reading month, romance, fiction and of course mystery. Wait, that's what I mostly read, HA! Nothing was a major standout, not one I need to run to others to tell all about, but some good reads none the less."

message 5: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3638 comments Sometimes those nothing buy sex books are just the ticket! LOL

message 6: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1651 comments I really enjoyed No Colder Place too :)

message 7: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8212 comments Melodie wrote: "Sometimes those nothing buy sex books are just the ticket! LOL"

I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about, LOL.

message 8: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments When I can feel my iq drop its time to switch from sex to mystery. When I am too tense and crazy it's time agin for sex :)

message 9: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Ha, that may be too much information, lol!!

message 10: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14813 comments LOL Liz!

message 11: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3634 comments LizH wrote: "When I can feel my iq drop its time to switch from sex to mystery. When I am too tense and crazy it's time agin for sex :)"

I think lately with the romance books I'm sticking in I need to switch to a good old fashion mystery or cozy book. my problem is I'm having to read too many books that don't grab me right away or if at all (which is happening right now between f2f book grp, arc to review for the shore bookstore) so I have way too many books going on at the same time so ending up jumping between them after maybe 20 some page each.