Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

60 views
Archive (general & ongoing) > Favorite Reads in May

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Breann (new)

Breann | 0 comments What books did you love in May? Any that you were bummed about? Come share with us! Inquiring minds want to know! (and cute puppies)




message 2: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t adorable pup Breann. mine just watches me read!

during May I loved:
Hot Target (Troubleshooters, #8) by Suzanne Brockmann Gone Too Far (Troubleshooters, #6) by Suzanne Brockmann Cowboy Casanova (Rough Riders, #12) by Lorelei James Highlander Most Wanted (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #2) by Maya Banks Betrayed Days of the Rogue (Law of the Lycans, #2.5) by Nicky Charles


message 3: by Lacy (new)

Lacy (lacy_stewart) | 1873 comments LOL! I had an amazing month of reading! So many good surprising 5 stars for me.

I finished the Cut & Run series books 2 through 7 and I loved them all. I have to admit that I was a little obsessed there for a bit!

I also really enjoyed: Twice Tempted (Night Prince, #2) by Jeaniene Frost , Fade Away (Myron Bolitar, #3) by Harlan Coben , Down London Road (On Dublin Street, #2) by Samantha Young , Easy by Tammara Webber , The Marriage Trap (Marriage to a Billionaire, #2) by Jennifer Probst , and Match Me If You Can (Chicago Stars, #6) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips !


message 4: by Joie (new)

Joie (serenityjoie) | 77 comments Lacy, what can you say about Match Me if You Can? Gee. I love Susan Elizabeth Phillips!!!


message 5: by Joie (new)

Joie (serenityjoie) | 77 comments I finished reading all of Julie James' books, and etc. :)))


message 6: by Lacy (new)

Lacy (lacy_stewart) | 1873 comments Mary Joie wrote: "Lacy, what can you say about Match Me if You Can? Gee. I love Susan Elizabeth Phillips!!!"

I think it may be my favorite one of the series! The two main characters were both very likable. I love her too. I'm sad that I am finished with the series.


message 7: by Joie (new)

Joie (serenityjoie) | 77 comments Yeah. It's saddening to be finished in reading. Feels like we'll miss them so much.

Sorry I can't quote your comments, people. I'm using an iPhone. So, I can copy, italicize, or anything, your comments.


message 8: by Joie (new)

Joie (serenityjoie) | 77 comments I mean I CANNOT. Not can.


message 9: by Breann (new)

Breann | 0 comments Pat wrote: "adorable pup Breann. mine just watches me read!

during May I loved:
Hot Target (Troubleshooters, #8) by Suzanne BrockmannGone Too Far (Troubleshooters, #6) by Suzanne BrockmannCowboy Casanova (Rough Riders, #12) by Lorelei James[bookcover:Highlander Most Want..."


I've read 3 of Nicky Charles books but haven't gotten around to Betrayed yet... guess I should!


message 10: by Breann (last edited Jun 01, 2013 03:41PM) (new)

Breann | 0 comments Lacy wrote: "LOL! I had an amazing month of reading! So many good surprising 5 stars for me.

I finished the Cut & Run series books 2 through 7 and I loved them all. I have to admit that I was a little obs..."


Well, Ty & Zane will do that to ya! There are many M/M series that I love, but I don't go all fangirl over them like I do C&R, there is really no comparison.

I'm planning on reading Twice Tempted and Down London Road this month, glad to know you liked them!


message 11: by Breann (new)

Breann | 0 comments Some of my favorites for the month are


Something Like Winter (Season #2) by Jay Bell It about killed me inside, but I loved it
On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1) by Samantha Young This is the best M/F book I've read in a long time!
Making Promises (Promises, #2) by Amy Lane Amy Lane never fails and the narrator was amazing
Let's Hear it for the Boy by T.A. Webb I think everyone who reads this book loves it!


message 12: by Ezinwanyi (last edited Jun 01, 2013 12:45PM) (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2657 comments books I loved in May:
Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth & Insurgent (Divergent, #2) by Veronica Roth ; City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare & City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare ; Divide & Conquer (Cut & Run, #4) by Abigail Roux


message 13: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11205 comments May was a good reading month for me :)

I really enjoyed all of these-

Let's Hear it for the Boy by T.A. Webb Enticed by His Forgotten Lover (Pregnancy & Passion, #1) by Maya Banks Into Deep Waters (Love is Always Write) by Kaje Harper Exquisite (Exquisite, #1) by Ella Frank Country Mouse (Country Mouse, #1) by Amy Lane Take Me Home by Sloan Parker After Math by Denise Grover Swank


message 14: by Breann (new)

Breann | 0 comments Fran wrote: "May was a good reading month for me :)."

I love that feeling!


message 15: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t Breann wrote: "Pat wrote: "adorable pup Breann. mine just watches me read!

during May I loved:
Hot Target (Troubleshooters, #8) by Suzanne BrockmannGone Too Far (Troubleshooters, #6) by Suzanne BrockmannCowboy Casanova (Rough Riders, #12) by Lorelei James[bookcover:Highland..."


they really are surprisingly good i'm about to start the final one


message 16: by Amber (new)

Amber | 715 comments Awwww I love that pup!

My top books for May were:
Ice Storm (Ice, #4) by Anne Stuart The Silent Girl (Rizzoli & Isles, #9) by Tess Gerritsen Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #1) by Stacia Kane Raising Kane (Rough Riders, #9) by Lorelei James


message 17: by Breann (new)

Breann | 0 comments Shyloh wrote: "Awwww I love that pup!

My top books for May were:
Ice Storm (Ice, #4) by Anne StuartThe Silent Girl (Rizzoli & Isles, #9) by Tess GerritsenUnholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #1) by Stacia KaneRaising Kane (Rough Riders, #9) by Lorelei James"


Whoohoo!! Unholy Ghosts was a fave!


message 18: by Erin (new)

Erin H | 758 comments Hands down The Texan's Wager (Wife Lottery, #1) by Jodi Thomas was my absolute favorite read in May! Lord of Darkness (Maiden Lane, #5) by Elizabeth Hoyt was my second :).


message 19: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Jun 02, 2013 04:05PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 20446 comments I had a few crackers :)

Touch & Geaux (Cut & Run #7) by Abigail Roux - Ty & Zane, so of course!
Tigerland (Tigers and Devils, #2) by Sean Kennedy - Simon & Dec are back with heaps of snarky humour ;)
Grimspace (Sirantha Jax, #1) by Ann Aguirre - great sci-fi action, with a strong but not arrogant female MC.
Let's Hear it for the Boy by T.A. Webb - great shortie :)


message 20: by Breann (new)

Breann | 0 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "Touch & Geaux (Cut & Run #7) by Abigail Roux - Ty & Zane, so of course!"


Those two. I swear they about kill me every time!


message 21: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20446 comments I found the first 30% a bit filler-ish, all the background stories (which we needed, but still), and then *bang* and *angst*! Loved it!


message 22: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 1245 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "I had a few crackers :)

Grimspace (Sirantha Jax, #1) by Ann Aguirre..."


I LOVE Sirantha and this world! Glad to see it in someone's favorites!


message 23: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 1245 comments My favorite May reads were:

Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7) by Patricia Briggs - Always a good time catching up with Mercy, Adam and the Pack.

Vampire in Atlantis (Warriors of Poseidon, #7) by Alyssa Day - One of my favorite series, mostly because I am a sucker for "fated" lovers and I absolutely love the recurring characters.

The Man from Stone Creek (Stone Creek, #1) by Linda Lael Miller - Linda Lael Miller is my go to when I need a quick, feel good read!


message 24: by Breann (last edited Jun 04, 2013 02:18PM) (new)

Breann | 0 comments Melissa wrote: "My favorite May reads were:

Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7) by Patricia Briggs - Always a good time catching up with Mercy, Adam and the Pack."


I have got to get back to this series! I think I'm on the fourth book.


message 25: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20446 comments Breann wrote: "Melissa wrote: "My favorite May reads were:

Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7) by Patricia Briggs - Always a good time catching up with Mercy, Adam and the Pack."

I have got to get back to this series! I think I'm o..."


I've just bought right up to River Marked for my niece, but of course, I plan to read them as well ;) I'm only up to book 3.


message 26: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20446 comments Melissa wrote: "Jane (PS) wrote: "I had a few crackers :)

Grimspace (Sirantha Jax, #1) by Ann Aguirre..."

I LOVE Sirantha and this world! Glad to see it in someone's favorites!"


:) Now I have to decide whether to buy the next book in paperback or ebook. Decisions, decisions...


message 27: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 1245 comments @Jane (PS)...whichever is cheaper so you can buy the whole series ;)


message 28: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 20446 comments Melissa wrote: "@Jane (PS)...whichever is cheaper so you can buy the whole series ;)"

LOL! I guess that's as good a way as any to finalise the decision!


back to top