Reading Everything and Anything discussion

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
This topic is about City of Bones
Books we've read > City of Bones

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah | 1072 comments Mod
You can talk about the city of bones here.

Manon (Manonandbooks) | 232 comments Just started with this one :)
Anyone already read it?

Yes and although I must admit when I first read it I was a bit confused I absolutely adore this series

Manon (Manonandbooks) | 232 comments Yeah, I understand what you mean, I've read today the first 100 pages and it's sometimes a bit confusing.
But I loooovvvveeee it! :D

I know the characters are great, especially simon

Manon (Manonandbooks) | 232 comments Yeaaah, I love Simon too :)
but I also love Jace :D
I'm now at that point with Dorothea, and that's also a bit confusing.
But I'm already in love with this serie!

Manon (Manonandbooks) | 232 comments I finished City of Bones! And I love it :) Can't wait to read the others.
(and still shocked about the end :P)

The series gets so much better in the next book. I love Simon

jenny | 3 comments am I the only one with an irrational hatred of this book? I'm on page 70 and I think I've read better written fan-fiction than this? I'm gonna keep going, I really wanna like this book :(

Manon (Manonandbooks) | 232 comments I hope you will like it at the end, but I really loved it... Maybe you don't like it because theirs sometimes a bit too much information that it's difficult to understand (I had that sometimes) or is it different?

I think that once you know all about the shadowhunter type of life and the confusion is gone the book begins to pick up and then in my opinion is one of my favourite series

message 12: by jenny (new) - rated it 1 star

jenny | 3 comments for me, its just not good writing. Usually, I don't really notice that or complain but the writing is really poor in my opinion. It reads like fanfiction

Oh right obviously just a perception thing

Gloria This book is on my to read shelf for during summer break ! :D

you need to read it great series

Gloria I will !! :D

Marianne | 38 comments Cassie did start out as a fanfiction writer so it makes sense that her books are in a similar style. However, I think she created a fabulous world that has so many possibilities.

message 18: by Rachelle (new) - added it

Rachelle Roux | 1 comments I can't get through city of bones. I find it boring too bad I just bought city of ashes... Should I return it?

samyam g | 10 comments Sarah wrote: "I think that once you know all about the shadowhunter type of life and the confusion is gone the book begins to pick up and then in my opinion is one of my favourite series"
i agree!!!!!!!!!!!valentine is awesome!!!!! i really liked him better than sebastian though

samyam g | 10 comments the movie version wasnt as good as the book

message 21: by Sarah (last edited Jan 15, 2014 09:40AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rachelle wrote: "I can't get through city of bones. I find it boring too bad I just bought city of ashes... Should I return it?"

Don't return it, it can take awhile to get into the series. Then it is worth it