Victorians! discussion

Archived Group Reads 2013 > David Copperfield Chapters 23 - 28

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Marialyce (absltmom, yaya) To discuss these chapters

message 2: by Marialyce (absltmom, yaya) (last edited Jun 30, 2013 07:32AM) (new)

Marialyce (absltmom, yaya) David is in love with Dora, Traddles is in love too! The Micawbers are again in financial straits. They are starting to wear on me as to their taking little responsibility for their finances. She is pregnant again and he has put poor Traddles in a financial mess. I am beginning to think of them as users.

I so enjoyed the chapter where David had too much to drink. It was quite funny!

message 3: by Denise (new)

Denise (dulcinea3) | 401 comments That drunk scene was hilarious!

What do you think of Dora? I find her very childlike, as I also found David's mother. Do you think that is why David is attracted to her?

Marialyce (absltmom, yaya) She does seem very "Dora focused" to me. I think she is exactly as you say, Denise and think that childlike quality will do her no good as it did David's mother. I feel that David has again chosen a woman ill suited to be a mate. Poor David...he seems to make some pretty poor choices as regards friends and lovers.

message 5: by Sara (new)

Sara Weather (saraweather) I feel bad for Traddles too. The more I learn about Streetforth the less I like/trust him.
I wonder what this thing with Ms.Trotwood is about. I have a prediction but will not say it in case it is right.
Uriah Heep is really creeping me out. He plans to marry Agnes which really needs to not happen. But Agnes will probably do it because she feels she owes her dad.
The Murdstones are back. I doubt anyone missed them.

Marialyce (absltmom, yaya) Nope..didn't miss the Murdstones a bit!