Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (general & ongoing) > 2013 June - What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Vi (new)

Vi | 2012 comments What books have you read or currently reading or about to read? Stop by and share.

message 2: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11051 comments I started Down to You (The Bad Boys, #1) by M. Leighton , a PIFM choice for this month :)

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabeth_greece) | 1916 comments Lord of Wicked Intentions (The Lost Lords of Pembrook, #3) by Lorraine Heath for Random book list 134

message 4: by Breann (new)

Breann | 0 comments Started Beyond Complicated by Mercy Celeste this morning and, well, the title really says it all!

message 5: by Joie (new)

Joie (serenityjoie) | 77 comments Started last night. Cross My Heart (Ty & Hunter #1) http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20...

message 6: by LibraryLass (new)

LibraryLass | 772 comments Have started Razor's Edge (Edge #2) by Shannon K. Butcher

message 8: by Tiff (new)

Tiff TowelsandHearts (towelsandhearts) | 291 comments I'm almost finished with Gabriel's Rapture. On to Devil's Bride, a PIFM book

message 9: by Juhi (new)

Juhi (juhibatra) | 26 comments done with It Had to Be You (Lucky Harbor, #7) by Jill Shalvis and Just One Kiss (Fool's Gold, #11) by Susan Mallery now reading Divided in Death (In Death, #18) by J.D. Robb

message 10: by Amber (new)

Amber | 715 comments Finished Dying Scream by Mary Burton and The Unseen (Krewe of Hunters, #5) by Heather Graham next up is The Accidental Demon Slayer (Demon Slayer, #1) by Angie Fox

message 11: by Erin (new)

Erin H | 758 comments I read Never Seduce a Scot (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #1) by Maya Banks -so good, I couldn't put it down! Starting A Lady Never Surrenders (Hellions of Halstead Hall #5) by Sabrina Jeffries ...

message 12: by Breann (new)

Breann | 0 comments Finished Beyond Complicated by Mercy Celeste and I liked it. The hottest book I've ever read. Ever.

Now reading Angel and the Assassin (Angel and the Assassin, #1) by Fyn Alexander and I'm loving it so far.

message 14: by T.toscano.40 (new)

T.toscano.40 Of course devoured Kristen Ashley's
Fire Insideover the weekend. It wasn't my favorite KA book.

Just finished reading Beauty From Pain. I loved Jack Henry.

Starting Down London Roadtoday

message 15: by Breann (last edited Jun 04, 2013 08:38AM) (new)

Breann | 0 comments Okay so Angel and the Assassin (Angel and the Assassin, #1) by Fyn Alexander did not live up to the first 20% and ended up being 2 stars for me. :/

Yesterday I read Ties that Bind (Men of Honor, #3) by S.E. Jakes and it was another sexy & fun addition to the series.

I started Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy, #2) by Wendy Higgins and am liking it so far.

I'm getting too distracted by all the new Love Has No Boundaries stories in the M/M Romance group! If you read M/M you must head over to the group and read all the wonderful free stories written by wonderful authors. It's a fantastic event!

message 16: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 11051 comments Finished Down to You (The Bad Boys, #1) by M. Leighton , Wanted by Her Lost Love (Pregnancy & Passion, #2) by Maya Banks - both just ok reads.

Just finished Tangled (Tangled, #1) by Emma Chase - this one I really enjoyed :) fun, sexy, refreshing male POV

message 17: by Katie (last edited Jun 04, 2013 01:46PM) (new)

Katie (katervette) | 117 comments Finished Blame It On Texas (Hotter In Texas #2) by Christie Craig Started Leaving Paradise (Leaving Paradise, #1) by Simone Elkeles

message 18: by Susana (new)

Susana (susana32) Read Just Like Heaven (Smythe-Smith Quartet #1) by Julia Quinn it was cute and funny :)
And now i'm reading Chime by Franny Billingsley so far its promising, but i'm still not sure about it...

message 19: by Darlene (new)

Darlene Deluca (darlenedeluca) | 33 comments Just finished Smooth Talking Stranger by Lisa Kleypas. Smooth Talking Stranger (Travises, #3) by Lisa Kleypas It was OK. Didn't love it. Starting on Home Front by Kristin Hannah. (women's fiction rather than romance) Home Front by Kristin Hannah

message 20: by Elaine (new)

Elaine White At the moment, I'm reading three different books. One - Labyrinth A Novel Based on the Jim Henson Film by A.C.H. Smith , as it is my favourite film ever. Two - Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer . I've never read any of the books before but after enjoying the films, I thought I'd give them a try. Three is a new one - Rift Healer by Diane M. Haynes . I won this in a blog competition recently so I'm hopeful it will be good.

message 21: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19827 comments I'm listening to One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1) by Tessa Dare (the edition with the mansion on the front for the Bachelorette quarterly challenge ;) and
Nexus (Warder #5) by Mary Calmes - book 5 in Mary Calmes warder series... Will have to see if I need clothing from this cover for the quarterly later on!

message 22: by Elaine (new)

Elaine White Well, I finished Labyrinth, but I really had to suffer to do it. Really enjoying Hidden Agenda by Peter Berman . I was given this book by the publishers for review. Completely intriguing and yet a little disturbing.

message 23: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 42 comments I finished insufferable proximity on Thursday and then started the 2nd one, after looking at authors page and realising she had released the 2nd that day, it is very steamy throughout the book but also had a good storyline to it, there were done typos in the book but that didn't put me off I really enjoyed it!!!

message 24: by Sara (new)

Sara | 3 comments Sarah wrote: "I finished insufferable proximity on Thursday and then started the 2nd one, after looking at authors page and realising she had released the 2nd that day, it is very steamy throughout the book but ..."

OMG! I didn't realise that there was going to be a follow up to that! I will have to read that asap as I loved the first one! :o)

Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe) (sparklyblueyes) only like 18% into Storm Dancer by Rayne Hall painting, finding a job and dealing with all three of my kids hasnt given me much time to read, or work on my blog, though I did work on it today, and get it updated and re-situated again...so if you get a chance check it out.

http://bookloverscozycafe.blogspot.com

message 26: by Elaine (new)

Elaine White Finished Hidden Agenda by Peter Berman and loved it. Now doing another read for review, given to me by the author - Poisoned Waters by Ermisenda Alvarez Really looking forward to it.

message 27: by Susana (last edited Jun 10, 2013 04:32AM) (new)

Susana (susana32) Finished Chime by Franny Billingsley which i ended up enjoying. The writing was amazing.
At the same time i'm doing a re-read of the psy-changeling series (due to "heart of Obsidian" of course!). Still have a lot of books to read, since i still haven't finished the second one Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling, #2) by Nalini Singh .
Later on, i'll probably start with White Cat (Curse Workers, #1) by Holly Black . It seems promising ;)

message 28: by Amber (new)

Amber | 715 comments I was in a small reading slump, which drives me batty!

Finally finished Sinner's Heart (The Hellraisers, #3) by Zoe Archer , and now No Proper Lady (Englefield, #1) by Isabel Cooper is up next.

message 29: by Holli (new)

Holli | 4 comments just finished Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) by Jamie McGuire and jumping right into Walking Disaster (Beautiful, #2) by Jamie McGuire

message 30: by Kelsy (new)

message 31: by Questian (new)

Questian (sakurastrife) | 457 comments reading Christine Warren "The Others" Series, i am down to the 3rd book....

message 32: by Joie (new)

Joie (serenityjoie) | 77 comments Reading the first book if The Play by Play Series. Though I've read the 2nd one last year. Seems interesting. :3

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 409 comments finished Gay Alien Abductions. it was a bit ridiculous and short. now on to The Gladiator's Master  by Fae Sutherland . this book looks to have more depth =D

message 34: by Breann (new)

Breann | 0 comments Oooohhhh, that looks GOOD, Domino!

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 409 comments Breann wrote: "Oooohhhh, that looks GOOD, Domino!"

Breann, I've read two other books by Fae Sutherland and saw this one on her goodreads page. had to pick it up. the other too Bee Among The Clover by Fae Sutherland and Lotus in the Wild by Fae Sutherland I really enjoyed. I expect this one to be really good too. plus it's about a gladiator; can't go wrong there. hehe

message 36: by Susana (new)

Susana (susana32) Finished Outcast by Adrienne Kress . Unfortunately it didn't turn out as good, as i was hoping to.
Now i'm reading
Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea (Niki Slobodian, #1) by J.L. Murray and i'm enjoying it. :)

message 37: by Amber (new)

Amber | 715 comments Just read The Accidental Demon Slayer (Demon Slayer, #1) by Angie Fox , and I loved it, such a fun read!

Now onto The Night Is Watching by Heather Graham

Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe) (sparklyblueyes) Finished up with A Prophecy Revealed (Destiny's Kingdom #2) by Jennifer Selzer and now i'm going to be reading The Conduit (Gryphon, #1) by Stacey Rourke as my "June is Review month" is turning out to be the "Summer of Reviews" because I just can't read enough right now to turn out books and their reviews quickly enough, but i'm gonna keep reading them until they are all completed. :)

Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe) (sparklyblueyes) Because they are just so AWESOME, I have read The Conduit (Gryphon, #1) by Stacey Rourke , and Embrace (Gryphon, #2) by Stacey Rourke yesterday and late this morning, I think I finished up Embrace around 4am. Now I'm on the last book of the trilogy Sacrifice (Gryphon, #3) by Stacey Rourke

Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe) (sparklyblueyes) I just got done reading
Blood Rush (Demimonde, #2) by Ash Krafton seriously awesome book, 5 stars and all, you should really read this series, cause it's AWESOME!!!

Now reading Lifeboat by A.B. Shepherd

Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe) (sparklyblueyes) Finished Lifeboat by A.B. Shepherd intense book, keep you going until the very end, and then you're like OMG! now reading Acceleration (Impulse, #2) by Amelia C. Gormley and Medusa's Desire (Fate of Eros #1) by E.B. Black

message 42: by Amber (new)

Amber | 715 comments Just wrapped up Nearly Departed in Deadwood (Deadwood Mystery, #1) by Ann Charles , I loved this book, such a fun one!

message 43: by Breann (new)

Breann | 0 comments Domino (aka Meme) wrote: "Breann, I've read two other books by Fae Sutherland and saw this one on her goodreads page. had to pick it up. the other too [bookcover:Bee Am..."

I don't usually like M/M drawn covers, but I really like that Lotus in the Wild cover!

message 44: by Breann (new)

Breann | 0 comments I'm in the middle of Aklesh by Samuel Jarius Pettit and it's really good so far. Kind of reminds me of avatar, on their planet the people are blue and they live in trees. But very vivid descriptions and world building.

Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe) (sparklyblueyes) read Medusa's Desire (Fate of Eros #1) by E.B. Black , A Shade of Vampire (A Shade of Vampire, #1) by Bella Forrest and now reading A Shade of Blood (A Shade of Vampire, #2) by Bella Forrest

message 46: by Breann (new)

Breann | 0 comments I just finished Well Traveled (Gideon and Jedediah, #1) by Margaret Mills and it was just wonderful. I loved everything about it.

Now I'm starting A Thread of Deepest Black  by Finn Marlowe

Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe) (sparklyblueyes) ok so in the past 24 hours or so I've read A Shade of Blood (A Shade of Vampire, #2) by Bella Forrest A Castle of Sand (A Shade of Vampire, #3) by Bella Forrest and The Mackenzie Legacy (The Athena Effect #2) by Derrolyn Anderson now onto my next Review Request Hope(less) (Judgement of the Six, #1) by Melissa Haag

message 48: by Dayana (new)

Dayana | 7 comments I am currently reading Devil's Bride (Cynster, #1) by Stephanie Laurens

Samantha (Book Lover's Cozy Cafe) (sparklyblueyes) I have finished up Hope(less) (Judgement of the Six, #1) by Melissa Haag

now going to read Ethereal Fury (Gemini Rising, #1) by Jessica O'Gorek and probably Aurora Secrets behind Reality by Marina Latcko

message 50: by Allison (new)

Allison | 5 comments I just finished Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3) by Sylvia Day next up A Breath of Snow and Ashes (Outlander, #6) by Diana Gabaldon and Fallen Too Far (Too Far, #1) by Abbi Glines

« previous 1