What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Unwilling Bride (Brothers in Arms, #3)
This topic is about The Unwilling Bride
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical romance: forced marriage, Scotland? [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bobbi (new)

Bobbi (blafferty) | 76 comments A girl is forced to marry a lord who has a reputation for being cold and cruel. When she marries him she slowly discovers that he is a good man but his father was a bad man, hence the reputation. I believe she was not of his social level, or at least from a different clan or region.

Seems like it took place in Scotland, only because I think I remember her wanting a different marriage ceremony, one that took place at a crossroads and involved the tying of a rope with their feet or something. It was called handfasting I think. Hope I'm not getting it mixed up with another book there, though.

I must have read this about 5 or 6 years ago, but it was a library book and not new at the time.

I also seem to remember his castle or manor was at the top of a cliff and the land sloped steeply up to it. Village was at the base of the hill. The cliff I think was on the cover, as well as a bodice-ripper sort of embracing couple.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
There are a LOT of books like this Bobbi. Are there any PN elements to it? Or is it straight-forward Historical?

message 3: by Bobbi (new)

Bobbi (blafferty) | 76 comments I know it's a common trope! :/
Straight up historical.

message 4: by Anna (new)

Anna (annaknin) | 11 comments Lots of pages or more of a Harlequin-pocket book?

message 5: by Bobbi (new)

Bobbi (blafferty) | 76 comments Seems like the paperback copy was around 400 pages.

message 6: by Bobbi (new)

Bobbi (blafferty) | 76 comments I found it! It's The Unwilling Bride for anyone interested. I'll move this to solved.