Utopian and Dystopian Reading Group discussion

Suggestions > Need suggestions for Feminist Cyberpunk Novels

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lit Bug (new)

Lit Bug | 15 comments Hi. I'm doing my doctorate research on feminist cyberpunk, so I'm looking forward to works written preferably onwards late 80s that qualify as feminist cyberpunk.

I'd like to have suggestions for books on the line of:

Arachne by Lisa Mason

Synners and Mindplayers by Pat Cadigan

Trouble and Her Friends by Melissa Scott

He, She and It by Marge Piercy

Resurrection Code or Messiah Node or Archangel Protocol by Lyda Morehouse

I hope this provides a pretty good idea of the kind of novels I'm looking for - not popular fiction, but literary works.

Thanks.

message 2: by Elling (new)

Elling Borgersrud | 14 comments How about "a perfect man" by marge piercy? Would that qualify? First thing that springs to mind.

message 3: by Lit Bug (new)

Lit Bug | 15 comments Could you post a link please? I can't find it either way - neither through the title or in the list of the author. I can't find it anywhere :(

message 4: by Elling (new)

Elling Borgersrud | 14 comments Aha! The reason is that I am totally wrong on the title. It is in fact the book you already have there called "he, she and it". It's norwegian title got me fooled, I think. Sorry.
Also I can't really figure out how to post links in here...?

message 5: by Lit Bug (new)

Lit Bug | 15 comments In order to post links to a book/author, see right hand side above the box you're typing in - there's a link called "add book/author" - click on it, and it's pretty simple from on there. If you want to post a book cover, simply go to the end of the list and select "cover" instead of "link" and go ahead.