Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1)
This topic is about Grave Mercy
Series Discussions > His Fair Assassin - R.L. LaFevers

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments This is the official spot to gossip about R.L. LaFevers's His Fair Assassin series.

Spoilers:

Yep, reminding you guys to utilize the power of (view spoiler) tags. Remember some people have not even read book 1 or 2, or 3, or . . . you get the picture. Please don't spoil things for other readers.

If you don't know how to use the spoiler tags ask. Or click on the (some html is ok) on the upper right corner of the comment box.

Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1) by R.L. LaFevers Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin, #2) by R.L. LaFevers Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin, #3) by R.L. LaFevers

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments for the month of June 2013 Grave Mercy is up for our YA Debut/first in a series read.

What were some surprising aspects of this book?

Lorelle (lozza2407) | 46 comments this looks tasty! ill be definitely taking a gander :)

message 4: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen (reader44ever) | 4475 comments Lorelle wrote: "... ill be definitely taking a gander :)"

Me too! I have a hold on it at my library. :-)

PepperP0t an excuse to read it! thanks

Samantha | 25 comments I actually picked this up from the library after one of my GR friends recommended it to me. I'm jumping in.

Brianna | 43 comments I really liked this book. A great mix of historical and court intrigue. I've never read anything like it.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments Oooo, I think I'll be joining in on this one as well!

Sandra I was luckily enough to get this an ARC way back when!

I was weary initially based on some mixed reviews, but I ended up liking this more than I expected as a fun, light read. It was an interesting story and I liked the way that Ismea grew over the course of the book. The convent wasn't made to be the bad guy, but she came to realize she needs to be her own person as well and not simply blindly follow orders.

I'm not usually a fan of endless political machinations, but while there was a lot of this in trying to find out who was betraying the duchess, it simply worked with the plot and wasn't tiresome. LaFevers did a good job of balancing the plot and all these goings on with the romantic aspect, instead of being separate they all worked to create a well-rounded story.

I did feel like the end came a bit suddenly, and would have liked some things to be more fully closed. However, I knew this was a series so I did expect a lot of open-endedness, especially with regards to the overall war.

As the story went on I became enamored with Sybella and was excited to see that she'll be the lead in the second book (view spoiler). She reminds me a little of Quintana from Froi of the Exiles, and I'm eager to learn more about her.

Lorelle (lozza2407) | 46 comments onwards and upwards! Lets see how I go with this one! Starting now :)

Lorelle (lozza2407) | 46 comments 25% in and im flying through this! Loving it so far. Historical romances are not normally my thing, but im trying not to categorise this yet to keep an open mind. I only have one question..well its kind of multi pronged...(view spoiler)

message 12: by Lorelle (last edited Jun 10, 2013 03:41PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lorelle (lozza2407) | 46 comments finished this a few days ago and although a little slow in the middle ( probably a lot more court politics and romance rather than action), I still enjoyed reading it immensely. Its not often I consider reading a second book so close to the first but im pretty keen for it!

it seems for my above spoiler (view spoiler)

(view spoiler)

Samantha | 25 comments I'm just starting this. Starting off nice. Hope it continues that way.

Jojobean I only read the first one so far but I loved it. I love the idea of a female assassin. Ismae is a great heroine. I enjoyed the mystery of the courts and the romance was sweet.