Everything Girls Love Book Club discussion

Chapter 1: Do all men want to get married?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jazmine (new)

Jazmine Kilpatrick | 85 comments Mod
Rev Run said that all men eventually want to get married. Do you all believe that is true? Why or why not?

When do you think most men decide that marriage is or isn't for them?

Also, how long should a woman stick around in a relationship before a man decides to propose? How long is too long to be with someone before they say they want to commit to you in a marriage?

message 2: by Tisha (new)

Tisha Starr | 17 comments I do believe MOST men (if not all) would like to marry. What I'm not sure about is the age. I've heard from other men that men only marry to please the woman... Hmmm.

Time wise for marriage, after staying in a relationship for 19 years with someone (no marriage but we did everything like a married couple) I would never date longer than 3 or four years without advancing to next level. It was a lesson learned. He's still a great guy though.

message 3: by Yandy (new)

Yandy Smith (Yandysmith) | 27 comments I think it depends on how they grow up. Your environment has a lot to do with how you view the opposite sex and marriage. Their are of course exceptions to the rule but I think for the most part if a man grows up with healthy role models and healthy examples of relationships and marriages then that's something he would want for himself.

message 4: by Tisha (new)

Tisha Starr | 17 comments Repost: if a man grows up with healthy role models and healthy examples of relationships and marriages then that's something he would want for himself.

I agree with that.