The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
This topic is about City of Bones
ARCHIVE - BOTM discussions > City of Bones

Comments Showing 1-50 of 147 (147 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Sofia (Bookish Wanderess) (sofia-bookishwanderess) | 221 comments This disscussion is about one of the books of the month: City of Bones

Meagan | 65 comments It comes out in August right? I've been waiting forever!! I'm so excited to see it!

Nessa S (nessascalera) | 26 comments Meagan wrote: "It comes out in August right? I've been waiting forever!! I'm so excited to see it!"

have you read the book?

Ellie Cobley | 8 comments Nessa wrote: "Meagan wrote: "It comes out in August right? I've been waiting forever!! I'm so excited to see it!"

have you read the book?"

I read this book ages ago; it was amazing. I've been excited all year about it coming out in august. I can't wait!!!

Cathy (elaine107) I read this book 3 years ago. I loved it.

Yesenia Maqueda (annechase) | 140 comments This book is great!!! Angels, demons, monsters and humans in between... It was purely amazing!!

Shayna Varadeaux (ShaeAnn77) | 99 comments Loved this book! Loved the whole series!!!
I heart Magnus Bane (the book character....)

message 8: by Christine (last edited Jun 01, 2013 11:31AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Christine Mathisen | 1 comments Loved this book read all five in the series now waiting for the next one!

Britany Norton | 3 comments Love this series! Can't wait to read it again and can't wait for the film adaptation! So excited.

message 10: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - added it

Kristie | 4598 comments I have a few too many books on my schedule right now! Hoping to get to this one by the end of the month, but I might be a bit behind everyone else. (Actually, I think I'm behind just by not having read it yet anyway!)

Jackie Lynn (romancenovlover) I read this series awhile back and I've read it twice =) I am such a huge fan and cannot wait for the movie in August; I hope I'm not disappointed! I'll try to read the other book of the month too!

message 12: by Samantha (last edited Jun 01, 2013 11:43AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Samantha | 8 comments I read the 3rd book for a school assignment, stupid that we skipped the first 2 but glad to be going back lol

Olivejuicegardner | 12 comments Meh. I really didn't like this book. It really bugged me. The characters were irritating and the plot was rather boring in my opinion. Also, the ending really stunk.

Dania (adaydreamer) | 2 comments the mortal instruments's just one of the best series i've ever read! can't wait for city of bones movie in august.

message 15: by Eleri (new) - rated it 1 star

Eleri just ordered this book. can't wait to get started when it gets here - lots of reading this month!

message 16: by Addie (new)

Addie (justthisonetime) | 21 comments Olivejuicegardner wrote: "Meh. I really didn't like this book. It really bugged me. The characters were irritating and the plot was rather boring in my opinion. Also, the ending really stunk."

Hahaha I got that feeling too. You ought to read its prequel though. Much better writing style and direction. Not as cliche as the first City of Bones book (no offense LOYAL FANS!!!) Anyways you might end up liking City of Bones more once you read the Prequel (aka Infernal devices series) and make all the connections

Olivejuicegardner | 12 comments Ida wrote: "Olivejuicegardner wrote: "Meh. I really didn't like this book. It really bugged me. The characters were irritating and the plot was rather boring in my opinion. Also, the ending really stunk."

Hah..."

Yeah. I might. I just got really annoyed. When I finished it I got really irritated about the ending. A bunch of people told me it was amazing and I was just disappointed. (so sorry fans...)

message 18: by Trinity (new) - added it

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) I love this book! I can't believe I put it off for so long. I recently bought City of Ashes and I can't wait to get into it! The only character that I really hate is Jace. I know everyone is going to be attacking me since he's their favorite character, but I have a right to my own opinion. He's so rude, mean, arrogant, and ughhhh.

message 19: by v.v (new) - rated it 4 stars

v.v | 7 comments The book was pretty good but when i saw the trailer I was kinda disappointed cause its do different from the book

Karen | 4 comments I love the book, a lot of Jace's lines are quite funny, simons too actually. I've read the whole series so I might start talking about the wrong book :s
I'm not sure if I like Jace's cast in the movie, I don't like the actor.

message 21: by Dawn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dawn I read this years ago when it first came out. I re-read it once and I'm still not sure how I feel about it. As far as the series goes: I loved the story but I was a little disgusted by one of the situations involving the two main characters. I won't give it away for those of you who haven't read it. I'm undecided on this one.

Anupoma Joyeeta Joyee I have read the first two books in this series and have been putting off half of City of Glass for two months now. I dunno why I can't seem to give the love to the series it deserves (I guess it does?) :L

message 23: by Heather (new) - added it

Heather (cagalli1543) This is such an awesome book! The Mortal Instruments is my favorite series and I can't wait for the movie! August 23rd please come quickly!!!!!!!!!!

Ellie Cobley | 8 comments Carly wrote: "I love the book, a lot of Jace's lines are quite funny, simons too actually. I've read the whole series so I might start talking about the wrong book :s
I'm not sure if I like Jace's cast in the mo..."

LOL. I like Jace's remarks as well. My friend is really excited about the actor playing him: it's how I managed to get her to agree to go to the cinemas to watch it when it comes out.

Karen | 4 comments I thought he was perfect myself at the start, but I've read several less than flattering press stories about the actor which (i know it shouldn't) does change my opinion a little.
But he does seem to fit, though he doesn't seem to display the confidence of Jace in the trailer.

Isabell | 14 comments I read the first 3 books a few years ago and now I'm re-reading all of them because I am so excited for the movie! And I actually really like Jamie Campbell Bower as Jace. I don't know why so many people hate him.

message 27: by N (new) - rated it 5 stars

N | 276 comments I really enjoyed the first book - City of Bones - but the rest of the series is just a bit too predictable.

message 28: by Amber (new)

Amber (atgordon) | 5 comments I enjoyed both series. It's not as great as some other fantasy series but still good :)

Bryony (bnylls) I'm currently reading this book after absolutely loving The Infernal Devices. I'm finding this hard to get into however.

Malisa | 1 comments I love this book! I'd recommend it to anyone who to read about a strong young female trying to figure out who she really is. I can't wait to see the movie!

Meagan | 65 comments @Nessa yea I did read the book. It was awesome and I hope the movie is good also. :D

Robbi (piper16) | 5 comments Nicola, I agree with you it was predictable. I read the books when they first came out years ago. I found I couldn't keep reading them. I never made it past the 4th book. I think they are good books but there are better.

Cristal | 5 comments I read this book a couple months ago. This book seems a bit ordinary to me . At first I was excited to read it because of all the good reviews but it didn't live up to the hype for me. The characters were irritating and to me were a little flat. All in all this book was just ok for me.

Aiman | 1 comments I read this book a couple years back and I enjoyed it a lot

message 35: by Mais (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mais (maisdavid) | 16 comments I love Cassi's writting and I've read all of her books now. TDI is still my favorite series but this book was so amazing .. i really recommend it everyone :D

message 36: by Claudia (new) - added it

Claudia (shytowne) | 7 comments Heard a lot of great things about the series looking forward to reading it. I love reading supernatural books.

message 37: by Amy (new)

Amy | 16 comments I have only started the book today, I can see myself flying through the entire series! Is there a sixth book yet?

message 38: by Tone (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tone (tonjel) | 18 comments I got dissapointed because of very high expections for this book. In my opinion, this book wasn't so great and the plot wasn't so exciting.

Maryam (thatmaryam) | 1 comments I love City of Bones!! I'm so glad I got to read the whole series. I can't wait for the movie to come out in August and the sixth book to come out next year!!

Jennifer Omg love these books haven't read the last one yet waiting for a paper back but omg <3333333333333333 loveeeeeeee

Isabel | 10 comments I only read the first bookand it was awsome, the enc was kind of sad, but i still believe that in the second book that will change, those two deserv a happy ending. Can't wait to see the movie... :)

Margo | 2 comments Olivejuicegardner wrote: "Meh. I really didn't like this book. It really bugged me. The characters were irritating and the plot was rather boring in my opinion. Also, the ending really stunk."

I thought the same thing. The main plot of the book was poorly delivered, and after reading the whole book, I still know very little about the Shadowhunters.

Joanne | 5 comments I really want to read this before the movie. I have been desperately avoiding all movie related trailers, images etc so as not to influence my reading experience.

Tabitha Lee What a coincidence! I bought this book over a year ago and never got around to reading it. I decided the other day it was time. I'm about about 3/4 of the way through and loving it. Wish I hadn't forgot about it for so long. :-)

Steph Patt (steph_patt) | 12 comments I love this series and the first book City of Bones is not disappointing! I am hoping that the movie is as good as the book and from the previews I have seen I am very hopeful.

message 46: by Brittany (new) - added it

Brittany (blkel14) | 2 comments I just read this book and was not disappointed! I'm so excited for the movie!

Marina (marinasendkast) I love the whole series (Thank you Cassie for such an awesome world you created), i'm so excited about the movie coming out in August and i can't wait to read City of Heavenly Fire when they release it!

message 48: by Kristina (last edited Jun 02, 2013 03:47PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kristina (glassmansion) I've seen this book before, but I have never actually picked it up and read it, so I'll give it a shot after I finish this other book I am currently reading. I don't think i'll see the movie after I finish the book, they seem to ruin the story for me, like Twilight did.

Tisha (tishaaaaang) SPOLIER ALERT!! I love this book soo much. okay so at first after it was revealed they were siblings I was like HELL to the NO! and then I've never put a book of this series ever again until I've figured everything out. love love love

Destany | 25 comments ME TOO!! When they said siblings I was sooo mad. I was like " NOOOOOOO THEY'RE SUPOSE TO BE ABLE TO DATE AND BE HAPPY TOGETHER!!!!!!!!"

« previous 1 3