Book Junkies discussion

Howl’s Moving Castle (Howl’s Moving Castle, #1)
This topic is about Howl’s Moving Castle
Group Reads > June: Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Martha (new)

Martha  (iread1105) Moving castles, witches and wizards! I think we're going to have a lot of fun with this book! Get your copy now!

message 2: by Hannah (new) - added it

Hannah (faize) | 1090 comments Mod
Got it right here!:D

message 3: by Hannah (new) - added it

I'll post my thoughts on the book periodically, but not all the time; you know, to at least somewhat keep up with my no-Internet thing:P

message 4: by Martha (new)

Martha  (iread1105) I'm waiting on my copy from the library.
I'm excited to see the differences between the movie (which I loved) and the book (which I haven't read).

message 5: by Hannah (new) - added it

Same here:) Oh, and this month's theme is pirates too, so if you wanna be the one to choose the banner and profile pic for Book Junkies, go right ahead:D

Michelle Graf | 17 comments The book and movie are very different. And there are companion books to this, if you love it just as much as I do!

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) I am going to buy this on my Kindle right now.

message 8: by Martha (new)

Martha  (iread1105) My library copy still hasn't come through! >.<

Betty Jo Pritchett (busylady) | 20 comments I'm about halfway through and so far the book and the movie are tracking pretty closely. Maybe the differences are to come. Or possibly I don't remember the movie as well as I thought :)

I'm enjoying it. The writing is good. Sophie's honestly and forthrightness are refreshing.

message 10: by Martha (new)

Martha  (iread1105) :( I still haven't gotten my copy!

message 11: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie (nerdatlas) | 25 comments I watched the movie, but my sister keeps bugging me to read the book, so I've stayed against reading it out of annoyance towards her.
Michelle (the aforementioned sister) just found out Diana Wynne Jones died in 2010 and spazed out. She's a big fan of the author's books, I'm surprised she hasn't said anything yet.

message 12: by Martha (new)

Martha  (iread1105) I did know the author had died.
Maybe she's in shock?

Betty Jo Pritchett (busylady) | 20 comments Finished it and loved it :) I'll be reading the other books about Howl and Sophie!

Michelle Graf | 17 comments Stephanie wrote: "I watched the movie, but my sister keeps bugging me to read the book, so I've stayed against reading it out of annoyance towards her.
Michelle (the aforementioned sister) just found out Diana Wynn..."

It's 2011. Get it right. And I was waiting for the next book in the Crestomanci series, and the next one with Howl and Sophie and the rest of them. And guess what? IT'S NEVER GONNA COME! *sits and cries in the corner for the next 10 years*

message 15: by Hannah (last edited Jul 02, 2013 06:05PM) (new) - added it

I OWN a copy of Howl's Castle, and I STILL didn't read it in June. Granted, it was my Internet hiatus month, so I wouldn't have participated in the discussion anyway; but DARN!