The Perks Of Being A Book Addict discussion

The Seeds of a Daisy
This topic is about The Seeds of a Daisy
ARCHIVE - BOTM discussions > The Seeds of a Daisy

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sofia (Bookish Wanderess) (sofia-bookishwanderess) | 221 comments This disscussion is about one of the books of the month: The Seeds of a Daisy

message 2: by Irleneybug (new) - added it

Irleneybug (maybug) | 6 comments I've never read this book, never even heard of it, but you have definitely inspired me to!

message 3: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - added it

Kristie | 4798 comments Barbara wrote: "great choice. Does anyone know if they are shooting a movie based on the book? My friend said she thought they were. This book is probably the best story I've read in years."

Ask Alison (the author). She is a GR author and very sociable.

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Zemko | 28 comments why is the iTunes version only available for iPad? This book isn't at my library.

Ashley Narron (ashley_narron) | 16 comments I can't find this book in any library! I really want to read it, but I don't want to have to buy it :(

message 6: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - added it

Kristie | 4798 comments Ashley wrote: "I can't find this book in any library! I really want to read it, but I don't want to have to buy it :("

Maybe you can request that your library get a copy. I've done that before. You may have to wait a bit for it to be ordered and come in, but you wouldn't have to buy it. Worth a try!

message 7: by Irissophie (new)

Irissophie | 11 comments It sounds like a nice book, but I can't find it anywhere in the bookstores in my country. :(

message 8: by Cindy (new) - added it

Cindy Wong | 4 comments For some reason I cannot find a copy to download on my kobo.... anyone else having issues?

Alison Caiola Hey everyone-so excited that you'll be reading my new book. I'll be hosting a Webcast talking about my book The Seeds of a Daisy. It's interactive, so your group members can ask questions through chat. Go on your computer and Just click on http://www.spreecast.com/events/aliso... a few minutes before. 6/25 3:00 EDT/12:00 PDT
Bring the popcorn & candy!! Should be a blast ! (can't make it? a copy of the webcast will be available to view after it's over) We'll also be giving away a few books! woohoo

Ashley Narron (ashley_narron) | 16 comments I loved this book more and more as it went on. I thought it was a great coming of age novel and I didn't want it to end when I finally put it down! Such a great book and deep story. Can't wait for the sequel!

Ellen Marcolongo | 6 comments SPOILERS I enjoyed the book at first but than it became too predictable. For example, I knew Daisy's kidney was going to be a perfect match for her long lost son.

message 12: by Jodi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jodi (readinbooks) I am late to the discussion and I know you have all moved on but I am going to start this book. I am looking forward to reading it.

message 13: by Kristie, Moderator (new) - added it

Kristie | 4798 comments Jodi wrote: "I am late to the discussion and I know you have all moved on but I am going to start this book. I am looking forward to reading it."

I am planning to start this book in the next week or two, so you won't be the last one. :) I'm looking forward to it too. Most of the reviews I've read have been very positive.

message 14: by Jodi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jodi (readinbooks) Oh good, maybe we can discuss it.