Fantasy Fanatics discussion

Rise of Empire (The Riyria Revelations, #3-4)
This topic is about Rise of Empire
June 2013 - Rise of Empire > Rise of Empire - Book 3 - Chapters 14-17

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kristina (spaz_girl) Here is where we can discuss Rise of Empire by Michael J. Sullivan, book 3, chapters 14-17.
DO NOT post any spoilers from further along in the book, this is just for book 3, chapters 14-17. Discussing events from these chapters and previous ones though is perfectly fine.

Eric | 2 comments gets better and better. all the players are coming into their roles and discovering themselves. Eras death totally caught me by surprise, but the imps guard will be down and won't see arista coming ;) onward to the next book ....

Kristina (spaz_girl) Curse you Mr. Sullivan for making me stay up until 2:30 to finish this third book!!

Felt really bad for Arista after Emery died, but maybe there is something for her in Hadrian. She is really coming into her character.

Thrace/Modina - really great scene with her announcing to the world that Amilia was the reason she was doing so well. Too bad she couldn't stay lucid enough to say she hadn't told Thrace to say that though.

Missed not seeing Royce in the last few chapters, but Hadrian kicked butt. Hope he isn't being played again. That poor guy; feels like he is always getting played or lied to by someone or another.

message 4: by Michael (new) - added it

Michael (michaeljsullivan) | 84 comments Sorry about that...although I must confess I like hearing when people stay up later than they had intended.

As for Royce and the end of the book. There actually were some scenes with him but in the editing I (and Robin) felt that they didn't fit. There was already enough going on and having his POV having to be discussed was a "bit much" so it hit the cutting room floor.