What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

POSSIBLY SOLVED > A psychic woman helps the police locate a missing child - from 1980's or earlier

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Isabelle (last edited Jun 10, 2013 09:54PM) (new)

Isabelle (iziezi) | 8 comments I read this book in the late 1980's, and I believe the title is one word, like "Psychic" or "ESP" or something like that. There's a young woman helping the police locate a missing child. She gets visions of the child trapped in the trunk of a car (i think?). She's also falling in love with the police man/detective she's been working with, he has "eyes as blue as..." (I don't remember the exact blue description.) She also starts randomly having visions of this little girl, and the girl always has her back turned to her. (view spoiler)

message 2: by CLM (new)

CLM | 302 comments You might take a look at books by Kate Green.

message 3: by Isabelle (new)

Isabelle (iziezi) | 8 comments Thanks for the suggestion, CLM. =) I checked out her books, and they're not quite right. I don't remember the book being as dark as Shattered Moon is described - that's the only one of her titles that was published in the 1980's. The rest are 1990 and later.

message 5: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (veegood) | 183 comments This is The Eyes of Karen Connors. I can't find a link to it on Goodreads, but it's by Lois Duncan. Loved this book, and everything else I read of hers.

message 6: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (veegood) | 183 comments Oh, after a bit more research I see it was also called The Third Eye - obviously here in Australia we got the UK version!

message 7: by Isabelle (new)

Isabelle (iziezi) | 8 comments Hi Goge, thank you for the suggestion. That's not the book (it was published far too recently), but it looks interesting, I've added it to my To Read list. =)
Goge (BARRONS) le Moning Maniac, wrote: "Maybe The Missing (The FBI Psychics #1) by Shiloh Walker"

message 8: by Isabelle (last edited Jun 10, 2013 09:55PM) (new)

Isabelle (iziezi) | 8 comments Hi Valerie, thank you! This looks like it could be it! There are a lot of details in the description that I don't remember, but the title, The Third Eye, sounds right, and it was published in the right time-frame. You have read this book, and this is definitely it?

So excited! I'm looking forward to reading it again, thank you! =D

Valerie wrote: "This is The Eyes of Karen Connors. I can't find a link to it on Goodreads, but it's by Lois Duncan. Loved this book, and everything else I read of hers." -- "Oh, after a bit more research I see it was also called The Third Eye - obviously here in Australia we got the UK version!"

message 9: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (veegood) | 183 comments Yes, definitely. In the first part, she's babysitting for a little boy who disappears, and this is when she gets the vision of the little boy in the closed dark space - which turns out to be the trunk of her boyfriend's car. The boyfriend had visited her and the little boy had climbed into the car and fallen asleep.

As I say, I read a lot of Lois Duncan books in the 80's, and this was one of my favourites.

I hope you can find a copy and enjoy re-reading it.

message 10: by Cami (new)

Cami Post (camicc87) | 4 comments I believe it is the book by Lois Duncan. I read it in intermediate school. Quite a good book! :)

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Isabelle, can you confirm that your book was "The Third Eye" by Lois Duncan? Then we can move this to Solved.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Third Eye (other topics)
The Missing (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lois Duncan (other topics)