Urban Fantasy discussion

Buddy Reads > Buddy Read Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ms. Nikki (new)

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 54 comments The UF group now has a new program for people who would like to read a book with a buddy or buddies.

This is not the Monthly read, but reads that you can pick and discuss anytime.

What should I do?

1. Pick a book.

2. Post the link of the book.

3. Post the time/date you would like to start reading.

4. Create a thread with the name of the book you are reading.

5. You can list the name of the members who are joining you in your new thread.

6. You can talk it over with other in the groups on when you want to start discussing the read and if spoilers will be included, etc.

message 2: by Ms. Nikki (new)

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 54 comments Would anyone like to buddy read The Blue Blazes The Blue Blazes (Mookie Pearl, #1) by Chuck Wendig ?

message 3: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 822 comments Nikki wrote: "Would anyone like to buddy read The Blue Blazes The Blue Blazes (Mookie Pearl, #1) by Chuck Wendig?"

I would be up for reading this one with you. When are you thinking of?

Kathy (Kindle-aholic) (kindleaholic) | 192 comments Darcy wrote: "Nikki wrote: "Would anyone like to buddy read The Blue Blazes The Blue Blazes (Mookie Pearl, #1) by Chuck Wendig?"

I would be up for reading this one with you. When are you thinking of?"

I read it, but would love to discuss when you're all ready.

message 5: by Ms. Nikki (new)

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 54 comments Anytime is great for me. I got the summer off.

I'll make a thread and we can chat over there :)

message 6: by Ms. Nikki (new)

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 54 comments Here's the thread for anyone else who would like to join or just look in>

www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1351797-...

message 7: by Ms. Nikki (last edited Jun 19, 2013 08:42PM) (new)

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 54 comments I'm currently reading Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter, #2) by Nalini Singh If anyone want to Buddy read any of these, let me know~

Kathy (Kindle-aholic) (kindleaholic) | 192 comments I need to read Archangel's Kiss. I can't start it till a week from now, though.

message 9: by Ms. Nikki (new)

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 54 comments I can do that. I have a lot of reading to do anyway. I'll make a thread at the beginning of next week for next Friday, 6-21-13. Sound good to you?

Kathy (Kindle-aholic) (kindleaholic) | 192 comments Nikki wrote: "I can do that. I have a lot of reading to do anyway. I'll make a thread at the beginning of next week for next Friday, 6-21-13. Sound good to you?"

Great! Thanks!

message 11: by Sara (new)

Sara | 51 comments I could do The Shattered Dark (Shadow Reader, #2) by Sandy Williams . I read the first book and have been meaning to continue the series. Let me know if/when you would like to start.

message 12: by Ms. Nikki (last edited Jun 16, 2013 11:12AM) (new)

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 54 comments I have already started, Sara :( I'm almost done with it.

I guess I should take the ones down I'm almost done with.

message 13: by Sara (new)

Sara | 51 comments No problem.

message 14: by Ms. Nikki (new)

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 54 comments Kindle-aholic wrote: "Nikki wrote: "I can do that. I have a lot of reading to do anyway. I'll make a thread at the beginning of next week for next Friday, 6-21-13. Sound good to you?"

Great! Thanks!"

We still on for Friday?

Kathy (Kindle-aholic) (kindleaholic) | 192 comments Nikki wrote: "Kindle-aholic wrote: "Nikki wrote: "I can do that. I have a lot of reading to do anyway. I'll make a thread at the beginning of next week for next Friday, 6-21-13. Sound good to you?"

Great! Thank..."

Yep!

message 16: by Ms. Nikki (new)

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 54 comments I made a thread for us here>

www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1376493-...

message 17: by Cloey.k (new)

Cloey.k (cloeyk) | 20 comments I'm a bit lost here - very late reading my emails! Where do I find the buddy list of books? Am I in the right place?

feeling like I am jumping rope and looking for a place to jump in

Thanks for your help

message 18: by Ms. Nikki (new)

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 54 comments Hey, Cloey.k. There is no list. You pick the book you would like to read and post it here asking if anyone would like to join you for a Buddy Read.

message 19: by Cloey.k (new)

Cloey.k (cloeyk) | 20 comments Oh, ok I'll be back

message 20: by Ms. Nikki (new)

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 54 comments Cloey.k wrote: "Oh, ok I'll be back"

:)

Kathy (Kindle-aholic) (kindleaholic) | 192 comments Anyone up for a Fated (Alex Verus, #1) by Benedict Jacka buddy read?

message 22: by Ms. Nikki (new)

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 54 comments Kindle-aholic wrote: "Anyone up for a Fated (Alex Verus, #1) by Benedict Jacka buddy read?"

Sure~

message 23: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 822 comments Kindle-aholic wrote: "Anyone up for a Fated (Alex Verus, #1) by Benedict Jacka buddy read?"

I'm in, just need to get the book from the library. When are you looking to start?

Kathy (Kindle-aholic) (kindleaholic) | 192 comments I'm good anytime in the next 2 weeks.

message 25: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 822 comments Kindle-aholic wrote: "I'm good anytime in the next 2 weeks."

I should have a copy by next weekend, so anytime after that will work for me.

Kathy (Kindle-aholic) (kindleaholic) | 192 comments Darcy wrote: "Kindle-aholic wrote: "I'm good anytime in the next 2 weeks."

I should have a copy by next weekend, so anytime after that will work for me."

Great, I'll set up the buddy read to start the 15th.

message 27: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 822 comments Sounds good!

message 28: by Ms. Nikki (new)

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 54 comments Sounds good :)

message 29: by Ms. Nikki (new)

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 54 comments We still on for Fated (Alex Verus, #1) by Benedict Jacka ?

Kathy (Kindle-aholic) (kindleaholic) | 192 comments Yes, sorry. Long weekend and I meant to put up the post yesterday but crashed.

message 31: by Ms. Nikki (new)

Ms. Nikki (miznikki) | 54 comments No biggie :)