Art Lovers discussion

The Pleasure of Great Art in Ugly Rooms

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl http://hyperallergic.com/71974/the-pl...

Funny, and also interesting. I found it quite thought-provoking.

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather Lobstergirl wrote: "http://hyperallergic.com/71974/the-pl...

"

Yes...interesting.

message 3: by Albin (new)

Albin Winters | 105 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "http://hyperallergic.com/71974/the-pl...

"

There's all sorts of...unusual things to see on the strangely-named 'hyperallergic' site!

message 4: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1942 comments You'd think people with an eye for art would have an eye for their surroundings.

message 5: by Ed (new)

Ed Smiley | 871 comments Ruth wrote: "You'd think people with an eye for art would have an eye for their surroundings."

Ruth, I was under the impression that these were photoshopped???

message 6: by Ed (new)

Ed Smiley | 871 comments I am looking forward to the possible next step: "Ugly Art in Great Rooms".

Imagine: Thomas Kinkaid in the Hall of Mirrors at Versailles, poker-playing dogs in the Grande Gallerie of the Louvre, etc...

message 7: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1942 comments Ed wrote: "Ruth wrote: "You'd think people with an eye for art would have an eye for their surroundings."

Ruth, I was under the impression that these were photoshopped???"

OMG, and I fell for it. They certainly must be.

message 8: by Albin (new)

Albin Winters | 105 comments Ed wrote: "I am looking forward to the possible next step: "Ugly Art in Great Rooms".

Imagine: Thomas Kinkaid in the Hall of Mirrors at Versailles, poker-playing dogs in the Grande Gallerie of the Louvre, et..."

Please! No mention of Kinkade in an Art lover's group!! The dogs can stay.

message 9: by Lobstergirl (new)

Lobstergirl A Kinkade that seems to have gotten....hijacked.

message 10: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 1942 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "A Kinkade that seems to have gotten....hijacked.

"

Hee!

message 11: by Lawrence (new)

Lawrence Grodecki (lawrencegrodecki) not sure about Kinkade, but that hamburger's definitely a fake...you can tell by the special sauce that appears to be dried up, on the floor...it's not the real sauce!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Ruth wrote: "Lobstergirl wrote: "A Kinkade that seems to have gotten....hijacked.

"

Hee!"

Haha! Ruth that's funny!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Lawrence wrote: "not sure about Kinkade, but that hamburger's definitely a fake...you can tell by the special sauce that appears to be dried up, on the floor...it's not the real sauce!"

HAHAHA!

message 14: by Albin (new)

Albin Winters | 105 comments Jamielynn wrote: "Ruth wrote: "Lobstergirl wrote: "A Kinkade that seems to have gotten....hijacked.

"

Hee!"

Haha! Ruth that's funny!"

With Kinkade, anything's an improvement!!