History Buffs United discussion

Books and Authors Discussions > Do you know the title of this book?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Doug (last edited May 31, 2013 04:55PM) (new)

Doug | 3 comments Hello: I am having difficulty remembering the title of a book I had read several months ago, I would like to see if there has been a second book in the series released yet. It took place in Colonial America and the plot kind of went back and forth between current time and colonial time. It involved a researcher at Smithsonian Institute who came across some letters from a former slave who had escaped and gone to Maryland where she got a job at a flag making company. She (the former slave) had received some kind of a "missing" star from a flag and there were people willing to kill in order to find where she had hidden it. I think the title might have been something like "The 13th Star", but then I could find no book title that matched it. I hope I have given enough information, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, and I will have to look around this group!

message 2: by Hazel (new)

Hazel West | 816 comments Mod
Well, I don't know what it is, I'm afraid, but if you find out let me know because it sounds like a really good book =)

message 3: by Doug (new)

Doug | 3 comments Hazel wrote: "Well, I don't know what it is, I'm afraid, but if you find out let me know because it sounds like a really good book =)"

I will have to do some further research on this, I will certainly let you know if I find out the title, Hazel, it was a really good book!

message 4: by Doug (new)

Doug | 3 comments Hazel wrote: "Well, I don't know what it is, I'm afraid, but if you find out let me know because it sounds like a really good book =)"

I finally did find the information about this book, I had posted a notification on my Facebook page that I had finished reading it. It is called "The 15th Star" and the name of the author is Lisa Grace. I highly recommended it, as of yet there is no sequel to it.

message 5: by Hazel (new)

Hazel West | 816 comments Mod
Glad you found it, and thanks for letting me know, I'll have to see if I can find a copy of it =)