The County Library discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Teen Talk > Summer Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie (new)

Angie The Librarian (angielibrarian) | 8 comments The new Summer Library Program begins tomorrow. What are you planning on reading this summer?

message 2: by Telesa (new)

Telesa | 4 comments I have heard many good things about Neal Shusterman and decided I need to finally read his books. So far I am about 1/3 of the way through Unwind and really liking it.

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 371 comments Mod
Telesa wrote: "I have heard many good things about Neal Shusterman and decided I need to finally read his books. So far I am about 1/3 of the way through Unwind and really liking it."

I remember being so disturbed by Unwind that I actually threw it across the room at one point. That's how you know a great book!

message 4: by Telesa (new)

Telesa | 4 comments Jen! Now I am scared to finish it. :)

Britt, Book Habitue (britt--bookhabitue) | 391 comments Don't be scared to finish it, just go in knowing it's creepy as all heck. ;)

message 6: by Angie (new)

Angie The Librarian (angielibrarian) | 8 comments Don't be scared to read it! It's really good. However, I do agree with Jen. There was a point that I wanted to throw it across the room!

message 7: by Telesa (new)

Telesa | 4 comments haha! Good to know. Thanks everyone. I won't give up. I'm halfway through, so I am committed now.

message 8: by Beth (new)

Beth | 3 comments I planned on reading This Is What Happy Looks Like and I have read it. It was amazing. I also wanted to read Endangered by Elliot Schrefer. I liked that one too.

message 9: by Heidi-Marie (new)

Heidi-Marie | 11 comments My plan each summer is to read the next school year's Beehive nominees. These are the Young Adult nominees I have enjoyed so far: Cinder (by Meyer), Code Name Verity (by Wein), Scorpio Races (by Stiefvater), and Wrapped (by Bradbury). I'm looking forward to Welcome, Caller, This is Chloe; we're discussing that at Holladay's Teen Book Club on July 23rd!

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 371 comments Mod
Heidi wrote: "My plan each summer is to read the next school year's Beehive nominees. These are the Young Adult nominees I have enjoyed so far: Cinder (by Meyer), Code Name Verity (by Wein), Scorpio Races (by St..."
I'm so glad they chose Code Name Verity and Scorpio Races- two of my favorites!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.