52 weeks, 52 books discussion

The Wednesday Sisters
This topic is about The Wednesday Sisters
Week 23: The Wednesday Sisters

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Catherine McKenzie | 985 comments Mod
No Dan Brown for me so I thought we'd read an older book that's made it back onto the bestseller list because it is $0.99 right now in e-book - The Wednesday Sisters by Meg Waite Clayton!

On Amazon: http://amzn.to/14g3sFR
On Kobo: http://bit.ly/15pMp6u

message 2: by Heather (new) - added it

Heather Can't resist $0.99! I started this one today...so far I'm interested. I'm excited to be reading along at the same time as the group. I've been falling behind due to the library having the books checked out with lengthy wait times.

Heather wrote: "Can't resist $0.99! I started this one today...so far I'm interested. I'm excited to be reading along at the same time as the group. I've been falling behind due to the library having the books ..."

Glad you can read along, Heather!

message 4: by Cherylanne (new)

Cherylanne | 61 comments Getting back to the group reading. Little leary becuz I typically don't like weepy, emotional, multi-generational "womens' novels. BUT I was also wrong about the Jodi Piccoult book and this one is $.99 to boot. xxoocf

Lisa This is a nice novel that was completely off my radar. Somehow I missed it the first time around and couldn't resist the sale price! The discussion of the importance of women's friendships as we proceed through life was my favorite part. Sometimes I think we forget how historical occurrences affect our lives. When I reflect on my memories I usually focus on personal relationships. Wednesday Sisters ties the two together nicely

Suzanne | 12 comments I just finished reading this, and I loved it! Clayton did an amazing job describing the complexities of friendships between women, and the challenges we all face as women, wives and mothers. It was also wonderful how she wove in the historical happenings that impacted these women's lives. It is amazing how far women have come in a single generation, although in many ways, we still have far to go!

Michelle | 3 comments Suzanne wrote: "I just finished reading this, and I loved it! Clayton did an amazing job describing the complexities of friendships between women, and the challenges we all face as women, wives and mothers. It was..."

I really enjoyed thus book myself. I am interested in seeing if her other books are as nice to read.

Michelle wrote: "Suzanne wrote: "I just finished reading this, and I loved it! Clayton did an amazing job describing the complexities of friendships between women, and the challenges we all face as women, wives and..."

The sequel to this book is coming out soon. July I believe.

Michelle | 3 comments Catherine wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Suzanne wrote: "I just finished reading this, and I loved it! Clayton did an amazing job describing the complexities of friendships between women, and the challenges we all face as..."

Thank you for telling me, I had no idea there was going to be a sequel. I will watch for it!

Joan wrote: "The Wednesday sisters is wonderful! By the way, I'm reading Inferno right now and it's great!"

Just can't do the Dan Brown anymore but good to know.

message 11: by Jenny (last edited Jul 12, 2013 04:32PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jenny (jennyil) | 21 comments There are a lot of other authors who have covered the same ground, and I think done it better. I would have preferred a longer book that focused a bit more on the historical context or a bit more humor. Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons by Lorna Landvick remains my favorite.

Sandra | 86 comments Jenny wrote: "There are a lot of other authors who have covered the same ground, and I think done it better. I would have preferred a longer book that focused a bit more on the historical context or a bit more ..."

I absolutely loved Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons and all of Lorna Landvick's books!