Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Amish Book Discussions > List of Amish suspense/mystery books

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 127 comments My fave genres are mysteries, especially cozies, and then Amish fiction of course. I'm just learning that Amish suspense is actually a genre and wanted to get a list going as I'm sure I only know a handful of what's out there. Here are the ones I know:

Vanetta Chapman Shipshewana Amish mysteries

Laura Bradford Amish cozy mystery series

Marta Perry Amish suspense series and Three Sisters Inn series

Amanda Flower Appleseed Creek mystery series

Linda Castillo Kate Burkholder series

Leanna Ellis Plain Fear series

So what did I miss? Also, I would say the Linda Castillo and Leanna Ellis are not cozy, though I haven't read any Plain Fear books.

message 2: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 119 comments I like Nancy Mehl (Road to Kingdom series)

message 3: by Cindi (new)

Cindi Thanks for starting this list, Melissa. I don't have any to add yet, but plan to read the ones you all posted.

message 4: by J.E.B. (new)

J.E.B. Spredemann (jspredemann) | 165 comments Melissa wrote: "My fave genres are mysteries, especially cozies, and then Amish fiction of course. I'm just learning that Amish suspense is actually a genre and wanted to get a list going as I'm sure I only know a..."

The Secrets of Crittenden County by Shelley Shepard Gray

Missing, The Search, Found

I think those are considered mysteries, jah?

message 5: by J.E.B. (last edited May 31, 2013 06:28PM) (new)

J.E.B. Spredemann (jspredemann) | 165 comments Melissa wrote: "My fave genres are mysteries, especially cozies, and then Amish fiction of course. I'm just learning that Amish suspense is actually a genre and wanted to get a list going as I'm sure I only know a..."

Thought I already posted this, but it seems to have disappeared :/ Anyway, I think The Secrets of Crittenden County by Shelley Shepard Gray is considered mystery. Three books in the trilogy: Missing, The Search, and Found

Also, Anathema by Colleen Coble.

I've read all four of these and enjoyed them!

message 6: by Carolyn E (new)

Carolyn E | 239 comments Melissa wrote: "My fave genres are mysteries, especially cozies, and then Amish fiction of course. I'm just learning that Amish suspense is actually a genre and wanted to get a list going as I'm sure I only know a..."

I am just finishing the second book in Laura Bradford's series. I loved both of her books, Hearse and Buggy and Assaulted Pretzel. They are both delightful cozy mysteries. I hope we will be seeing more books in this series.

message 7: by Carolyn E (new)

Carolyn E | 239 comments Melissa wrote: "My fave genres are mysteries, especially cozies, and then Amish fiction of course. I'm just learning that Amish suspense is actually a genre and wanted to get a list going as I'm sure I only know a..."

Also, Leanna Ellis's books in her "Plain Fear" series are excellent. I am eagerly awaiting the publication of the third book in this series, Forgiven, due to be released on August 6, 2013.

message 8: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand I'd definitely second Marta Perry, Vannetta Chapman and Shelley Shepard Gray. There's also Mindy Starns Clark, who has some straight mysteries, like Secrets of Harmony Grove, as well as her joint books with Leslie Gould that all contain a mystery element. A Simple Winter by Rosalind Lauer also has a mystery element to it, although it's not clear from the synopsis. And there's Karen Harper, who has written a lot of Amish mysteries.

message 9: by Carolyn E (new)

Carolyn E | 239 comments Karen Harper's Amish mysteries are all excellent. I have read all of them. In fact, all of the authors you mention have written some wonderful Amish mysteries.

message 10: by Robynn (new)

Robynn | 45 comments Today a new Amish Mystery/Suspense was released.
Plain Pursuit by Alison Stone

Plain Pursuit

message 11: by Robynn (new)

Robynn | 45 comments There is also the Colton Series. Each book has a different author, but its a continuing Mystery story.

Colton Destiny by Justine Davis
Colton Destiny

Colton's Ranch Refuge by Beth Cornelison
Colton's Ranch Refuge

Colton's Deep Cover by Elle Kennedy
Colton's Deep Cover

Colton Showdown by Marie Ferrarella
Colton Showdown

message 12: by Robynn (new)

Robynn | 45 comments I also did not see these posted:
Hidden in Plain View by Diane Burke
Yoders Farm by Kim Mullican

Also there is the Author P.L. Gaus who wrote about 7 different Amish Mysteries.

message 13: by Robynn (new)

Robynn | 45 comments There is also "The Days of Redemption" Series by Shelley Shepard Gray.

message 14: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 127 comments Here's a new series that is coming out, the Amish Quilting Mysteries:

Murder, Plain and Simple

I think this is cozy, but not Christian, but I haven't read it yet so I'm not 100% sure.

message 15: by Janie R. (new)

Janie  R. (janierfreeman) Here are a few books that I have read that are Amish Mysteries, and quite good:
The Silent Order by Melanie Dobson
Death Takes a Buggy Ride by John Yearly
In Dutch Again-Barbara Workinger
Plain Pursuit by Allison Stone

message 16: by Susan (new)

Susan (susanrohrer) | 16 comments Hide in Plain Sight by Marta Perry

Hide in Plain Sight (The Three Sisters Inn, #1) by Marta Perry