SHERlocked discussion

Sherlock Actors > Star Trek: Into Darkness

Comments Showing 1-50 of 82 (82 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jessica, sie sind das essen und wir sind die JAGER (new)

Jessica (jesskingxoxo) | 552 comments Mod
So we don't get carried away on this new amazing movie in other discussions, here's a new thread for it. What do you think of the movie?

message 2: by Sinda (new)

Sinda Quietus (superwholockedtrekacrossthestars) | 192 comments IT WAS FANTASTIC AND IT'S A GREAT ADDITION TO THE STAR TREK UNIVERSE!
I just love anything Star Trek, so of course I love it.

message 3: by Jessica, sie sind das essen und wir sind die JAGER (new)

I'm watching the trailer now! Soooo excited!

message 4: by Sinda (new)

Sinda Quietus (superwholockedtrekacrossthestars) | 192 comments How are you going to see it? Normal, 3-D or IMAX?

message 5: by Jessica, sie sind das essen und wir sind die JAGER (new)

I really want to see the movie in 3D. What's IMAX?

message 6: by Jessica, sie sind das essen und wir sind die JAGER (new)

Is it 4D? I've only seen Journey to he Center of the Earth in 4D before.

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura IMAX is 3-D, but with a bigger, half-dome-shaped screen so it surrounds you a bit. It's pretty awesome. I haven't seen anything in IMAX in a while (haven't seen many movies this year, alas), but it was always great fun.

message 8: by Jessica, sie sind das essen und wir sind die JAGER (new)

I don't think there's any of those theatres in New Zealand. Not in the North Island either. That's pretty sad, we're always the last to get or do anything.

message 9: by Laura (new)

Laura No, there's one!! Here's the link: http://www.imax.com/countries/nz/

Currently showing... Star Trek!

message 10: by Innaya (new)

Innaya | 394 comments i am also waiting to see it!!!! can't wait but have to. i don't watch many movies so i have never even watched 3d but i guess this one, i will.

message 11: by Sinda (new)

Sinda Quietus (superwholockedtrekacrossthestars) | 192 comments The movie is definitely one that is best in 3D.

message 12: by Angelique (new)

Angelique (angelique682) I am dragging my man all the way to the 'big city' so we can see it in 3D

message 13: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 1 comments Saw the movie in 3D. Wonder if IMAX is much different?

message 14: by Sinda (new)

Sinda Quietus (superwholockedtrekacrossthestars) | 192 comments Louder. WAY louder.

message 15: by Jessica, sie sind das essen und wir sind die JAGER (new)

I saw it on Saturday, BEST MOVIE I'VE SEEN IN A WHILE!!!! Benedict si the bestest everest swooniest bad guy ever!

message 16: by Jessica, sie sind das essen und wir sind die JAGER (new)

Too bad we don't have IMAX in NZ. We have to go 45 minutes to see 3D but we didn't have the patience to wait to get the chance.

message 17: by Sinda (new)

Sinda Quietus (superwholockedtrekacrossthestars) | 192 comments Have you seen the Original Series movie 2? Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan. It's so much better when you've seen the original.

message 18: by Innaya (new)

Innaya | 394 comments i've always, wanted to see the origional star trek but never have! ALWAYS!

message 19: by Mitchell (new)

Mitchell Fobbester (the-mad-king) | 40 comments I watched it last week, it's brilliant and I didn't find it too hard to detach Bennadict from his Sherlock character which was my main concern before I went. i've never seen any of the origional series but I use to watch "next Generation"

message 20: by Angelique (new)

Angelique (angelique682) Me wishes to go see it but its not out in SA yet. :"(

message 21: by Farah (new)

Farah (bookworm-87) I really wanted to go see the movie, but I couldn't, due to exams. :(

message 22: by Innaya (new)

Innaya | 394 comments yahoo! the cinema people finally gave me a date! it will come out on 14th june.

message 23: by Apoorva (new)

Apoorva (goodreadscomapoorva) | 5 comments Am I the only who felt that Cumberbatch was underutilized? I mean, he had hardly any screen time!

message 24: by Apoorva (new)

Apoorva (goodreadscomapoorva) | 5 comments *the only one

message 25: by Sinda (new)

Sinda Quietus (superwholockedtrekacrossthestars) | 192 comments He actually had a fair amount. I don't believe he was under utilized, I just noticed that the introduction was right for him. In the original, Khan had all his cryogenically frozen family there, and was marooned on a planet by Kirk at the end of the episode he was featured in. Then he never got the first part that was in the original movie either. Maybe the lack of that made it seem like he didn't have enough.

message 26: by Innaya (new)

Innaya | 394 comments i had to choose between my friends and this movie. it was cruel.

message 27: by Sinda (new)

Sinda Quietus (superwholockedtrekacrossthestars) | 192 comments My friends liked this movie. And I'd probably pick the movie, sorry actual people.

message 28: by Innaya (new)

Innaya | 394 comments my friends would watch it, too. but it's not out yet. they wanted to go to see a movie and i am waiting for star trek to come out. can't go to the cinema again and again.and they were like "u would prefer start trek and taht guy [benedict] over us?" and i said "no, no, are u mad? why would i prefer the most awesome fiction ever written, and a swoonoer british actor with the mostt beautiful eyes and some awesome cheekbones over my friends?" i actually wrote the same words, hahaha. but they didn't go anyway. we'll go next weekend to watch start trek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 29: by Jessica, sie sind das essen und wir sind die JAGER (new)

Yippppppppeeeeeee!!!!!

message 30: by Emily, Heichou (new)

Emily (emilydodd221) | 620 comments Mod
This is the best movie I've seen in a long time and, though I basically only went for Benedict, I've now been converted into a Trekkie :) I really want to see it again, because it was awesome. Jess...

message 31: by Nilesh (new)

Nilesh Seelan (nileshwhovian) | 1 comments You guys should see the first one (no cumber batch though) but really good. And for fellow trekkers and whovians you should read Star Trek meets Doctor Who comics.! :D

message 32: by Sinda (new)

Sinda Quietus (superwholockedtrekacrossthestars) | 192 comments That's Assimilation 2! THOSE ARE THE BEST THINGS I'VE EVER READ.

I went to the movie because I was a Trekker. Even though I've only been watching the show for a year, it's one of the best things ever. And I still haven't seen Voyager or Enterprise. Oh, and the Assimilation 2 comics are The Next Generation and the Eleventh Doctor. Also partly The Original Series and Four.

message 33: by Jessica, sie sind das essen und wir sind die JAGER (new)

Star Trek meets Doctor Who comics? I think I'm going to melt. I just saw the first Star Trek movie, it is really good. Captain Kerk is so awesome! He's like, a hero in both movies

message 34: by Emily, Heichou (last edited Jun 12, 2013 01:29AM) (new)

Lol, calm down Jess. Deep breaths.

message 35: by Sinda (new)

Sinda Quietus (superwholockedtrekacrossthestars) | 192 comments Here's a list of all the series:
The Original Series (3 seasons)
The Animated Series (2 seasons)
The Next Generation (7 seasons)
Deep Space Nine (7 seasons
Voyager (7 seasons)
Enterprise (4 seasons)
6 Original Series movies
4 Next Generation movies

Here's the Captains for each season:
Well, James T. Kirk is in the reboot movies and The Original Series, and the Animated Series. And first six movies.
Then Jean-Luc Picard has The Next Generation show and 4 movies.
Benjamin Sisko is in Deep Space Nine.
Kathryn Janeway has Voyager.
And Johnathan Archer is in Enterprise.

I don't know if anyone cares, but there's my list of all the Star Trek shows. I just love it so much. (Even if I am only partway through DS9.)

message 36: by Innaya (new)

Innaya | 394 comments aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
excuse me while i fangirl a bit more.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
star trek into darkness is going to show in cinema tomorow!!!!!!!!!!!!! i HAVE to go but odds are against it! pray for me, fellow trekkies and cumberbitches!!!!!

message 37: by Sinda (new)

Sinda Quietus (superwholockedtrekacrossthestars) | 192 comments YOU HAVE TO GO!!!! I say this as a loyal Trekkie, and someone who has seen this amazing movie.

message 38: by Jessica, sie sind das essen und wir sind die JAGER (new)

I say the same! I, too, have seen that movie beyond compare.

message 39: by Innaya (new)

Innaya | 394 comments i know! and i totally want to go! but nobody's taking me! i can't go alone! and i hope my ragedy brother comes tomorrow and takes me on sunday.
i always always use ragedy for people i love but at th same time i want to kill.

message 40: by Jessica, sie sind das essen und wir sind die JAGER (last edited Jun 13, 2013 11:03PM) (new)

I will use that word for my sister now. We could put it in our dictionary. That really sucks, I saw it 2 weeks ago and I want to go again and see it but I have hardly any money at the moment.

message 41: by Emily, Heichou (new)

You need to pester your dad more.

message 42: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 2 comments I am a long-term Star Trek fan! I have grown up with my imagination centered completely around the federation! Whether it be Captain Picard of Kirk! Or data or 7 of 9! I think its safe to say that Star Trek Into Darkness truly belongs and pays respects to Gene's visionary prospects!!

message 43: by Sinda (new)

Sinda Quietus (superwholockedtrekacrossthestars) | 192 comments Agreed.

message 44: by Angelique (new)

Angelique (angelique682) Soooo Arooj, did you watch it??? I watched it last weekend. Oh. My. Word.
Oh. My. Word.
Is he not just the hottest villain you have ever laid eyes on???

message 45: by Innaya (new)

Innaya | 394 comments Noooooooooo!!!!!!!! why do i have to suffer people talking about it with the feeling that i have to wait! WAIT! how much more wait in my life? i am a sherlockian, a whovian, do i even need more wait? *that was in an angry whining voice* no! no! no, it's not! it's not okay!!!!!
ok, jk
my brother said he'll take me before Wednesday. today is sunday. ok, feels a bit better.

message 46: by Sinda (new)

Sinda Quietus (superwholockedtrekacrossthestars) | 192 comments Good. As soon as you see it, you have to report back to base. Base being this group.
I don't even know anymore.

message 47: by Innaya (new)

Innaya | 394 comments "Right, captain! i will report of my adventures through time and space as soon as it is possible."
meanwhile, in real life:
sure! dftba

message 48: by Innaya (new)

Innaya | 394 comments *cries out loud* aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!
(after 30 minutes)
*immediately stops crying and becomes very very angry*
WHY? WHY? WHY IN THE WORLD? ME?
I WILL HAVE MY VENGEANCE!!!!!!!!!

message 49: by Innaya (new)

Innaya | 394 comments oh ok, excuse me while i curl up into a corner, but star trek was replaced by man of steel in the cinemas today and i have no more hope left of seeing star trek into darkness. :(
yes, i know

message 50: by Sinda (new)

Sinda Quietus (superwholockedtrekacrossthestars) | 192 comments NOOOO as soon as it comes out on DVD get it then NONONONO YOU HAVE TO SEE IT

« previous 1