Fantasy Fanatics discussion

June 2013 - The Rithmatist > The Rithmatist - Chapters 6-11

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shaad (new)

Shaad Zaman (shaadzaman) | 234 comments Mod
Here is where we can discuss The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson chapters 6-11.
DO NOT post any spoilers from further along in the book, this is just for chapters 6-11.

message 2: by Kristina (last edited Jun 07, 2013 08:26PM) (new)

Kristina (spaz_girl) While at this point I am really enjoying the story a lot more, the chalk thing still throws me off. I can get the idea of warding, afterall, Demon Cycle is one of my favorite series at the moment, but chalk drawings attacking people? I am still having a tough time with that.

message 3: by Annarose (new)

Annarose Mitchell (asmitchell) | 2 comments I too am enjoying the story, especially with mystery added in. The drawings are really helpful. Especially for a unique type of magic system!

message 4: by Casey (new)

Casey Stewart (skelanimalsluv) | 25 comments I agree..chalk drawings...but that aside it's still a cool idea. I'm not to the point of liking Joel or Melody yet. I loved when Joel called Melody spoiled though. He's not afraid to say what he wants or go for what he wants but I'm still not sold on him yet.

And one of these days I'm going to take some chalk outside and create my own drawings :)

message 5: by Shaad (last edited Jun 17, 2013 03:28PM) (new)

Shaad Zaman (shaadzaman) | 234 comments Mod
Just finished chapter 6. Hes an assistant to professor fitch! The story should really start to pickup hopefully!