Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives (maybe Revisit) > BMDC: June 2013 BMDC

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30836 comments Mod

Books to Movies Database/Calendar: June Edition

Are you curious about what books will be made into the next major motion picture? Well look no further! Each month, NBRC will feature the latest book to movie adaptations. This feature is called Books to Movies Database/Calendar (BMDC). This feature can also be used as a resource for the Read It Before You See It Challenge and the Books to Movies Challenge.

We'd like to know...
1. If you've read a book listed, and if you'll see it.

2. If you've read the book and seen the movie:
a. Did you like the book?
b. Did you like the movie?
c. Did the movie do the book justice

*You don't have to answer these questions, but it's a nice way to get the conversation going.

Have a book to big screen that we missed? Post it below and we'll add it!
********************************************************************************

Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare
In Theaters: June 7th, 2013
Info: IMDB / Official Website / Trailer

World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks
In Theaters: June 21st, 2013
Info: IMDB / Official Website / Trailer

message 2: by Jex (new)

Jex (jexball) | 2227 comments I find it fitting that our group is doing a World War Z Buddy Read this month since the movie is also coming out!

Also, they just did a movie red carpet showing of Much Ado About Nothing at the Seattle International Film Festival where Joss Whedon, Nathan Fillion, Amy Acker, and Alexis Denisof all made a guest appearance. Wish I had gotten tickets but they sold out in less then an hour.

message 3: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments Drat! I would have loved that, too. Recently got introduced to Firefly and Joss Whedon was ahead of his time.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 3273 comments MIDNIGHT'S CHILDREN is out in theaters. I really want to read this book before I see the movie. Also finishing up GREAT EXPECTATIONS which comes out in October.

message 5: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 14257 comments Mod
Seeing The Great Gatsby today - woot woot!

So excited by that version of Much Ado About Nothing, but I can't see any Australian release dates... I guess I'll have to do further digging!

And WWZ will be interesting. Not sure it could be anything like the book

message 6: by Jex (new)

Jex (jexball) | 2227 comments I'm really interested to see how they put World War Z into movie form since there are so many different perspectives. It would be cool if they did it documentary style.

message 7: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 14257 comments Mod
I saw the preview, but it looked like it may more of a "zombie movie" and they have only taken the one perspective. But that may just be what they showed for the preview. I will see it regardless :)

message 8: by Jex (new)

Jex (jexball) | 2227 comments It's on my netflix list for when it releases to DVD. I'm not much of a theater person these days so will have to wait to see it.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.