The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

What is so immoral about what the Capital is doing?

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Rich people deserve to be rich because they worked hard enough to earn it. Therefore, through proving their moral superiority, the are fit to do with the poor as they please.

So what is so bad about the Hunger Games event?

It's just people paying hard-earned cash to experience some entertainment. Stop whinging, liberals.

message 2: by Matthew (last edited May 31, 2013 02:08PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Matthew Williams Mme. Catherine, où sont les ananas? wrote: "Rich people deserve to be rich because they worked hard enough to earn it. Therefore, through proving their moral superiority, the are fit to do with the poor as they please.

So what is so bad ab..."

I see you've redoubled your efforts to create fake forums that have no purpose except to piss people off. You are a sad, sad moo cow!

Robert Peate What is so immoral about forcing others to fight to the death? Oh, I don't know. Everything?

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello everybuggy! So good to see you all and I can't wait to start talking about books with my frien-

Ah. I see. Not a forum...ahem.

TROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TROLL IN THE DUNGEONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

-thought you ought to know.

Ahem.

*takes breath*

*leaves*
*feels exit is anticlimatic*
*returns*
*DISAPPARATES IN A CLOUD OF SMOKE WITH A SATISFYING CRACK!*
*is satisfied*

See ya!

Matthew Williams Already reported this ogre for obvious crap tactics. So long Mme. Catherine, you hilariously, useless person!

message 6: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Matthew wrote: "Already reported this ogre for obvious crap tactics. So long Mme. Catherine, you hilariously, useless person!"

more trolls.....?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes Olivia. More trolls.

*whips out tray of smoking black brownies*

Brownie, anyone?

Robert the whole premise on the reason for having the games is flawed, sending kids to fight to the death for the sake of the country's ideological belief if they dont have the games the country will splinter into civil war and chaos. Might I say a good job on the propaganda

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

☢ Catherine ☯ the Psychotic Comedian wrote: "Rich people deserve to be rich because they worked hard enough to earn it. Therefore, through proving their moral superiority, the are fit to do with the poor as they please.

So what is so bad ab..."

Are you taking the piss, or are you being legit?

For your info, the Capitol is only rich because they invaded/bombed (North America was it?) and took the death/destruction to their advantage to take over the goddamn country. At's why the Capitol families are rich. They didn't work hard, it was given to them.

But I'm guessing you're just taking the piss, because as if anyone with a brain would ask a question like this :P

Sarah Anastasia Inkyfingers - Caster of Enchantments wrote: "Yes Olivia. More trolls.

Brownie, anyone?"

Can I have one? I love brownies. Even if they are black and smoking.

message 11: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Smiles wrote: "Anastasia Inkyfingers - Caster of Enchantments wrote: "Yes Olivia. More trolls.

Brownie, anyone?"

Can I have one? I love brownies. Even if they are b..."

but are brownies are suppose to be brown and not black?

message 12: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia what are crazy trolls for anyhow??

Sarah Yes, they are.

Well, they are for being crazy, obviously.

Robert Peate "the whole premise on the reason for having the games is flawed, sending kids to fight to the death for the sake of the country's ideological belief if they dont have the games the country will splinter into civil war and chaos."

The whole premise is based on the legend of King Minos of Crete subjugating the Greeks by demanding human sacrifices. Believe it or not, tyranny can be demoralizing.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Robert wrote: ""the whole premise on the reason for having the games is flawed, sending kids to fight to the death for the sake of the country's ideological belief if they dont have the games the country will spl..."

I've always wanted a pet Minotaur.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Olivia wrote: "Smiles wrote: "Anastasia Inkyfingers - Caster of Enchantments wrote: "Yes Olivia. More trolls.

Brownie, anyone?"

Can I have one? I love brownies. Eve..."

Mine get extra time in the oven...

Kyren ☢ Catherine ☯ the Psychotic Comedian wrote: "Rich people deserve to be rich because they worked hard enough to earn it. Therefore, through proving their moral superiority, the are fit to do with the poor as they please.

So what is so bad ab..."

...Um... is that even a question?
well if it is, i'm not even going to deem it with an answer.