Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1) Twilight discussion

Twilight Haters: Shut up about "Anti-Feminism"

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Bella is nothing special. She is a typical woman and women no nothing but sin and depravity, which can only be controlled by a proper male presence.

Stop ranting about how Bella is "offensive" or "sexist." Most women are just like her, so don't be so elitist. Your arrogance disgusts me.

Kristin Trolling today, huh? Have fun with that.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Mme. Catherine, où sont les ananas? wrote: "Bella is nothing special. She is a typical woman and women no nothing but sin and depravity, which can only be controlled by a proper male presence.

Stop ranting about how Bella is "offensive" or..."

You're losing your touch.

message 4: by Jem (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jem Lowe mmm ok well goodluck with the trolling, let me know how it works out... :\

message 6: by Cinthya (last edited Jun 08, 2013 11:10PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Cinthya Mori ☢ Catherine ☯ the Psychotic Comedian wrote: "Bella is nothing special. She is a typical woman and women no nothing but sin and depravity, which can only be controlled by a proper male presence.

Stop ranting about how Bella is "offensive" or..."

Jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaja. "which can only be controlled by a proper male presence"? jajajajajajajaja

Maxine This was just funny. I laughed while reading it.

Jordan I actually agree. And enough with the "trolling" comments, that's what all of the comments say, so you don't need to tell her twice. But Bella is just normal. That's the point. All of you guys might think that you would be stronger than her, but in the end she gets strong. Stephanie Meyer didn't write her in a anti-feminist way, she just wrote Bella as a normal person, something that we don't get enough in books anymore. She's somewhat of a tomboy, she's kind of a loner, she falls head over heels with a dangerous guy, and when he leaves, she's heartbroken. It happens everyday to one of us so she shouldn't be labeled the way she is.

Maxine Jordan wrote: "I actually agree. And enough with the "trolling" comments, that's what all of the comments say, so you don't need to tell her twice. But Bella is just normal. That's the point. All of you guys migh..."

Bella is FAR from normal.

Fabitha Oh yeah, I jump off a cliff every time some shiny guy leave me. Very, very normal. THAT is the problem with Twilight: I DO NOT NEED to cut myself (it's an example, I know Bella doesn't) or do crazy random stuff like that when I'm heartbroken: I just need to cry over and over and with a little help from my friend and a little time I recover. This is what "normal" girls do.

Denise Any man that would control a woman, is not a proper man.

message 12: by Atlantic Gem (new)

Atlantic Gem Denise wrote: "Any man that would control a woman, is not a proper man."

*stands up and applauds*

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

A for effort Mr. Troll.

Aleah Fabitha wrote: "Oh yeah, I jump off a cliff every time some shiny guy leave me. Very, very normal. THAT is the problem with Twilight: I DO NOT NEED to cut myself (it's an example, I know Bella doesn't) or do crazy..."

She was doing risky things because she felt closer to him since Edward was kind of a bad boy. Edward left her in order to keep her safe since he felt like he was putting her life in danger. And crying over asnd over again will not get you anywhere. Bella wanted to do risky things since she knows she can handle being in love with a vampire. She jumped off a cliff because she thought it was fun. Go on an adventure sometime and do some crazy shit one time, and trust me, you will have fun (depending on what you're doing).

And Bella did get strong over the books, and obviously a woman should not be in a relationship if she needs a guy to control her. A man is suppose to build a strong woman into a stronger woman and be her partner through her happy and sad times.

Steph :) Aleah wrote: "Fabitha wrote: "Oh yeah, I jump off a cliff every time some shiny guy leave me. Very, very normal. THAT is the problem with Twilight: I DO NOT NEED to cut myself (it's an example, I know Bella does..." She did cried all night in the woods..and that did not get her nowhere..and doing "risky stuff" would not bring the guy back either..the contrary she made things so much worse.. btw that's not what is worst about Bella..what's really bad about her is her lack of sympathy for her father.."i want to have sex soo bad with Edward, I don't care if i risk my life and die to make my dad miserable!"

message 16: by Gerd (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gerd Fabitha wrote: "Oh yeah, I jump off a cliff every time some shiny guy leave me. Very, very normal..."

Begs the question: When was the last time some shiny guy left you? :D

Jordan Steph :) wrote: "Aleah wrote: "Fabitha wrote: "Oh yeah, I jump off a cliff every time some shiny guy leave me. Very, very normal. THAT is the problem with Twilight: I DO NOT NEED to cut myself (it's an example, I k..."

It's because she trusts Edward. Edward is the only one who thinks that he could crush her. Bella doesn't have those thoughts. She thinks he is being ridiculous. And when she jumped off the cliff, it wasn't like it was a suicide mission. All of those other boys cliff dive all of the time, it says that. Her reasons might have been different, but she wasn't trying to kill herself or anything. She also said later that it was fun and she enjoyed the rush.

Aleah Jordan wrote: "Steph :) wrote: "Aleah wrote: "Fabitha wrote: "Oh yeah, I jump off a cliff every time some shiny guy leave me. Very, very normal. THAT is the problem with Twilight: I DO NOT NEED to cut myself (it'..."

EXACTLY!!!!!!!

Jordan Aleah wrote: "Jordan wrote: "Steph :) wrote: "Aleah wrote: "Fabitha wrote: "Oh yeah, I jump off a cliff every time some shiny guy leave me. Very, very normal. THAT is the problem with Twilight: I DO NOT NEED to ..."

:)

Jordan I don't understand how stating how you saw the book was trolling...

message 21: by Jane (new) - rated it 1 star

Jane It must be fun trolling,

message 22: by Sara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sara Jordan wrote: "I actually agree. And enough with the "trolling" comments, that's what all of the comments say, so you don't need to tell her twice. But Bella is just normal. That's the point. All of you guys migh..."

I agree