What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Dark Life (Dark Life, #1)
This topic is about Dark Life
SOLVED: Children's/YA > Two people (girl/boy = Ty) survives in some sci-fi/fantasy setting of this world and tries to conquer the enemy (series of 3-4 books) /s

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Silverina La Mees (last edited Jun 02, 2013 07:21AM) (new)

Silverina La Mees (silverinalamees) | 30 comments I have just remembered that I have read a series of three/four books? (it was kind of sci-fi - I read it let's say some six years ago?) where a little village is destroyed by some enemy or something and the protagonist (a girl) had a brother who I think dies by some attack when they're escaping and then this girl sets out to find the enemy or something together with a boy from her village (called Ty - that I remember, because it was a weird name at that time) and they set out and I think they fall in love or something (but that's not the main story).
In the end they find the enemy and I remember something with caves or underground houses etc. In the end when they have done what must be done with the enemy the protagonist realises that she had not been really in love with Ty (that it was only because he was the only survivor from her village).
I think if I am not much mistaken that the girl later finds out that her brother didn't die and joined the enemy? Or I am making something up.

Silverina La Mees (silverinalamees) | 30 comments The cover(s) are orange/brown/red but it's not fire, more like a background and I think a girl is standing in the front (but I am not sure).
Thank you.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35179 comments Mod
Sounds a bit like Dark Life by Kat Falls.

Silverina La Mees (silverinalamees) | 30 comments Though I can't remember that it was set underwater, it's the one I was searching for/not remembering.
Thank you very much :)

message 5: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Congrats on finding your book Silverina. I'll shelve it and move this down to Solved for you.

Silverina La Mees (silverinalamees) | 30 comments Thanks :)

Silverina La Mees (silverinalamees) | 30 comments Something is weird... If I read this book 6-7 years ago, how come it was first published in 2010?

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35179 comments Mod
Glad you found your book. :)

Silverina La Mees (silverinalamees) | 30 comments I've just found the "real" series - It's Broken Sky by Chris Wooding.
Thank you :) and sorry to bother you

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Dark Life (other topics)