Happily Ever After Book Club discussion

Book & Poll Discussions > June 2013 - Glimmer of Hope

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 635 comments Mod
I am SO excited about this one! I love anything by Ms. Eden, but this one sounds especially good. The book goes on sale tomorrow, June 1. I've already pre-ordered my copy and can't wait to get started. Below is a synopsis.

Glimmer of Hope by Sarah M. Eden
Stunning Miranda Harford once had the world at her feet. She was young, carefree, and desperately in love. But when her new husband left for London without her, her world fell apart. Devastated by his abandonment, Miranda fled their home, taking residence at her husband’s rarely visited countryside estate. For three years, she lived alone. But now, as the holidays draw near, an unexpected visitor arrives . . .

Carter Alexander Harford, Seventh Viscount Devereaux, is a man driven to succeed. His work is his life, and the position of Prime Minister of England is within reach. But in truth, Carter is a man haunted by lost love. Estranged from his beautiful wife, Carter is shocked to find Miranda—the woman he loved and who he believes left him—in residence at his country home. As plans for a holiday party move forward, the uneasy couple realizes that to avoid further scandal, they must keep up appearances in a charade of marital happiness. Thrust together by fate, it quickly becomes clear that they have both been living beneath a conspired cloud of misunderstanding. As family, career, and social pressures threaten to keep them apart, can love have even a glimmer of hope?

message 2: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 635 comments Mod
I can't believe it, I already finished! I surprisingly, woke up before the kids this morning and was able to do a little reading. Then my parents called and invited us on a little outing and I was able to read in the car. I couldn't put it down, I had to know what happened between Miranda and Carter. I really enjoyed the story and look forward to our discussion on the 20th!

message 3: by Jessie (new)

Jessie | 198 comments I was in the car for 4 hours yesterday and finished it too. It was good! I love Sarah Eden and can't wait for the discussion too.

Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽ | 284 comments Hmmm. I finished it last night too and didn't love it. The HEA ending was just so-so happy and overall it was too downbeat for me to really enjoy. I'll look forward to the discussion!

message 5: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 635 comments Mod
Tadiana-

message 6: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 635 comments Mod
Oops, posted that before I got to type anything. :) Anyway, I totally know what you mean. I wish it had been a little more lighthearted. I'm excited for the discussion on this one.

message 7: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 81 comments I am so sad I pre-ordered before I got my kindle and I am still waiting for the soft cover :( Oh well I will finish it quickly when it comes!!!! Looking forward to it.

message 8: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 166 comments Mod
Amen, Tadiana!