Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Middle Ground (Awaken, #2)
This topic is about Middle Ground
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Middle Ground (Awaken, #2) by Katie Kacvinsky→ Start Date: August 9th, 2013

Comments Showing 1-50 of 105 (105 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Please join Trisha, Kathy, Gis and I in the 2nd book of this series!

message 2: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy | 7950 comments Yay!!! I'm so excited to what happens with Maddie and Justin! :)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Kathy wrote: "Yay!!! I'm so excited to what happens with Maddie and Justin! :)"

Me too. I almost wish I hadn't read the synopsis!

message 4: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Yay!!! I won't read the synopsis!!! I like surprises! I can't wait!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Trisha wrote: "Yay!!! I won't read the synopsis!!! I like surprises! I can't wait!"

Good plan!

message 6: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy | 7950 comments Oh I haven't either and I really want to now!! :)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I wish i had unlimited reading time, lol! I don't want to wait - but soooooo many good books to read!

Angela | 17787 comments Ahh, I hope you guys love this! :D

message 9: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Finished book 1 and I'm ready for book 2 ;)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments YIPPEE! Isn't the cover gorgeous????

message 11: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Absolutely! Both covers in this series are gorgeous.

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Wish we had "like" buttons! LOL. I agree, both are lovely. I'd hang prints of them in my room if I could!

message 13: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Okay, since this isn't until July 11 it gives me time to read book 1, so I'll join you girls! YAY!!!

message 14: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments woohoo!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Vicki, you will NOT be disappointed and YAY! The BR thread will still be around, even if it is in the archives, so please go there and chime in! :-) I love your insightful comments!

message 16: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Becky (Indiana) wrote: "Vicki, you will NOT be disappointed and YAY! The BR thread will still be around, even if it is in the archives, so please go there and chime in! :-) I love your insightful comments!"

Thanks, Becky. I'm not sure when I'll get to it, but definitely prior to book 2...I hope! LOL

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Everyone ready? ???? I got my copy from the library today! !!!!

message 18: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments oh man, I'm not ready but you know, we'll just pile another book on there! LOL!

um, 325 or so pages..... 38 chapters

how's every 5 chapters is about 50 pages....

Does anyone have a preference for often we come back??

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Trisha wrote: "oh man, I'm not ready but you know, we'll just pile another book on there! LOL!

um, 325 or so pages..... 38 chapters

how's every 5 chapters is about 50 pages....

Does anyone have a preference fo..."

Sounds perfect - and I am in the SAME BOAT. I love to read but I need to be better about realizing my true reading abilities, both speed and the other facets of my life (kids and responsibilities) that keep me from reading, lol!

Well just take it one page at a time!

message 20: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy | 7950 comments I need to catch up on some reading for challenges so I'll probably be starting this one late. :)

message 21: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments hmmm...sounds like we are all struggling to fit this one in.

should we kick it out??? maybe a few weeks out? maybe next month??
I'd hate to dislike it because we don't have the time for it! LOL!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Trisha wrote: "hmmm...sounds like we are all struggling to fit this one in.

should we kick it out??? maybe a few weeks out? maybe next month??
I'd hate to dislike it because we don't have the time for it! LOL!"

That sounds great to me. You guys pick the date and then I'll adjust my due date at the Library. I'm way overwhelmed also.

message 23: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy | 7950 comments Oh thank you! I feel so distracted trying to finish up challenges and some buddy reads that I feel like I can't get into some of them.

I have to remember that during the summer I can't schedule as many buddy reads, I just don't have the time. :(

So maybe 8/1 or 8/9?

message 24: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments yeah, let's go with 8/9

with me moving I'm not sure how all of these will work out, since I'm losing my library - so I'll keep you guys posted.

but thx for moving it! I don't want us all to be stressed :)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Ok, 8/9 - and congrats on the move Trisha! PM me your address and I'll mail your book back in the fall - cuz you'll be settled and I'll have finally had time to read it, LOLOLOL!

message 26: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Becky (Indiana) wrote: "Ok, 8/9 - and congrats on the move Trisha! PM me your address and I'll mail your book back in the fall - cuz you'll be settled and I'll have finally had time to read it, LOLOLOL!"

lol sounds great!

message 27: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy | 7950 comments Congrats on moving and I'm sorry for you to be losing your library, I know how much you loved it! Hopefully you'll find one just as good or better!

8/9 works good for me too! Thanks Becky for moving it! :)

message 28: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Sorry guys! I'm not sure I want to continue this series now. Have fun, though :)

message 29: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments oh no...did you hear anything about it???

message 30: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments no I just don't remember anything from book 1 lol

Angela | 17787 comments Gisbelle wrote: "no I just don't remember anything from book 1 lol"

I had to skim through book 1 before reading book 2. I didn't remember much either.

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Gisbelle wrote: "no I just don't remember anything from book 1 lol"

It was a bit ago. But I'm pressing on, I'm sure they'll be a recap of some sort and it will come back to me! :-)

message 33: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments I don't either, but I remember enough (and I think I can look over reviews). I'm excited :D

Now I just have to try to find a copy before we start! LOL
I need to find the library over here. The book store didn't have this one :(

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Trisha wrote: "I don't either, but I remember enough (and I think I can look over reviews). I'm excited :D

Now I just have to try to find a copy before we start! LOL
I need to find the library over here. The boo..."

I hope you are near a WONDERFUL library! :-)

message 35: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Okay I couldn't find the library yesterday so I'm going to try again tomorrow! Cross your fingers for me! Lol. I need this book :D

Angela | 17787 comments Fingers crossed! I hope you find it, Trisha!!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Trisha wrote: "Okay I couldn't find the library yesterday so I'm going to try again tomorrow! Cross your fingers for me! Lol. I need this book :D"

Fingers toes and anything else I can think of are crossed for you! LOL.

:-)

message 38: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments Argh. Made it to the library but its been inter library transferred. So it will take me a day or two to start! But I promise to read FAST once I get it :)

Angela | 17787 comments But you've found a copy so yay!!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Awesome. How's the library? I won't be starting this til later tonight, so with how fast you read I'm sure we'll still be on even ground! :-) I have PLENTY to read and work on, so it will all work out! I'm excited to finish this one up... Don't remember if there are more in the series or not!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Ok, I just looked and there is a book 3. Comes out in 2014... Good thing I love a challenge! LOL!

Angela | 17787 comments Becky (Indiana) wrote: "Ok, I just looked and there is a book 3. Comes out in 2014... Good thing I love a challenge! LOL!"

I can't wait to read it!

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Angela (: wrote: "Becky (Indiana) wrote: "Ok, I just looked and there is a book 3. Comes out in 2014... Good thing I love a challenge! LOL!"

I can't wait to read it!"

2014 is going to be a good year for sequels and series'. LOL!!!!

Angela | 17787 comments Yeah, I know!! So many good books are coming out! And when they all do, I'm going to be very behind trying to catch up LOL.

message 45: by Vicki (new) - added it

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Haha Angela, me too!

Angela | 17787 comments I'm always behind when it comes to books LOL. I never have the time to read everything I want to.

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments Hi Vicki!!! @Angela, I feel the same way, lolol! I am seriously addicted to reading. I love it but it's kind of scary actually, :-)

message 48: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trisha | 31440 comments The library was great. I'm capped at 75 items out at a time (which I'm not a fan of. Lol stop, don't look at me like I'm crazy :D my last library didn't have a cap!)
But the new release area was crazy good and I checked out a bunch of books. Now I just need to get quickly unpacked so I can read more!!!

I can't wait to have Internet so I can more easily chat and respond on here :)

message 49: by Angela (last edited Aug 09, 2013 11:34AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angela | 17787 comments Becky (Indiana) wrote: "Hi Vicki!!! @Angela, I feel the same way, lolol! I am seriously addicted to reading. I love it but it's kind of scary actually, :-)"

I'm addicted too! Just not when I'm in a reading slump. :P

Angela | 17787 comments Trisha wrote: "The library was great. I'm capped at 75 items out at a time (which I'm not a fan of. Lol stop, don't look at me like I'm crazy :D my last library didn't have a cap!)
But the new release area was cr..."

Mine's at 30. :( Be glad yours is at 75!

« previous 1 3