Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3) Clockwork Princess discussion

*Spoilers* Do you think Jem would consider...

Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Brittney No, he doesn't want to be part of the Silent Brotherhood anymore. He chose to become mortal to spend out the rest of his life with her.

Petra jem should consider dying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Petra wrote: "jem should consider dying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Are you saying you want him to die or that it'd probably be for the best if he died? Because if it's the first, that ain't nice.

Grace Brittney wrote: "No, he doesn't want to be part of the Silent Brotherhood anymore. He chose to become mortal to spend out the rest of his life with her."

um what? ( i do hope this isnt jem hate ugh)

Petra I don't know maybe both. Jem seems to happy.

Pauline No I don't think so. After his life of being a Silent Brother he clearly now wants just to be a mortal and spend his mortal life with Tessa. I think that's all he wants.

Brittney Asprettyasaflamingo wrote: "Brittney wrote: "No, he doesn't want to be part of the Silent Brotherhood anymore. He chose to become mortal to spend out the rest of his life with her."

um what? ( i do hope this isnt jem hate ugh)"

... How did that come across as Jem hate? All I did was state what actually happened. He told Tessa that he gave up the silent brotherhood once the cure was found to live out the rest of his life with Tessa. How is that hate?

Connie I think that person meant to put that under the Petra comment up top. It makes more sense that way.

Jennifer I think that Jem doesn't want to become a vampire for more reasons than just not being a shadowhunter like never seeing the sun again. Now if there was another way for him to become immortal then I think he might consider it. Like maybe something in The Dark Artifices.

Robin (Bridge Four) I don't think that he will become a vampire but......I'm convinced that he might not be just mortal anymore.
It seems that to cure him would take some strong magic or maybe even angle blood. I wonder if that will just make him mortal or immortal like Tessa. It would solve the Magnus/Alec debacle as well since I'm sure they will figure it out.

Lauren I don't think that he wants to consider anything like that at the end of Clockwork Princess, he's just spent his life enslaved by the Brotherhood and his own immortality. He actually says he resents it, he wanted to die, and that he only stayed out of a sense of duty to Will and Tessa because he couldn't bare to leave them behind. But I think by the time he and Tessa start their lives together, travelling and doing whatever it is that they spend their days doings, he might start to consider it. If he couldn't bare to leave Tessa once, I don't think he could do it again.

I also noticed a bit of foreshadowing at some point, and Cassandra always weaves her characters through very cleverly – I think we may actually get to find. Or maybe thats wishful thinking...

Karina Zourik I don't think he's become a vampire because he said it in Clockwork Princess, not only does he want to be able to see the sun, but that he doesn't want to be immortal. He said that he feels sorry for her (or he said something along the lines of that). So I don't think so.

Claudia the Night Owl He said once that he didn't want to be a Vampire or a brother but he became a brother and for Tessa I think he may reconsider the Vampire thing.

Connie Well, Based on what I read (I read the Clockwork series first, I haven't yet read the Mortal Instuments) that either Jem is going to find a way to be with Tessa forever or something happened while with the Silent Brothers. I can't foresee Jem leaving Tessa after enduring 130 years apart while seeing her for 1 day, 1 hour, and watching her have with his "brother" to only have a few years with her. That would be cruel twice over for him after all the sacrifices he's made for her.

Rebecca from a spoiler quote the other day something does happen within the Silent Brothers because Isabel states the Brother Zachariah goes through the change to Jem in the last TMI book, she claims that Brother Zachariah turns "hot" now being Jem

message 16: by Jennifer (last edited Jun 11, 2013 03:55PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer ST wrote: "Really, which book does Isabel say that in? I haven't read the most recent TMI book."

It was a teaser quote Cassie released from the last TMI book that isn't out yet. Cassie has hinted we will see how Jem gets cured in the last TMI book since he tells Tessa it's a story of Herondales, Fairchilds and whatnot that he will tell her.

And I'm really really hoping that something having to do with his cure made him immortal so he and Tessa can be together forever!

Kellie Mild Rebecca wrote: "from a spoiler quote the other day something does happen within the Silent Brothers because Isabel states the Brother Zachariah goes through the change to Jem in the last TMI book, she claims that ..."

Hey do you think you could post a link to the spoilers I'd really like to see them.:)

Kellie Mild I really hope he does consider a way to become immortal because I wouldn't want Tessa to lose another one of her loves. I wouldn't be mad at him if he did stay mortal though. He has made so many sacrifices for the people he loves. I'm glad that he does get a chance a real happiness and love, while being healthy. He can really enjoy life to its fullest now.

Rebecca The spoilers are on tumblr.com at cassandraclaire that's her page. But if you haven't read all the books in TMI and TID it could ruin it for you.

message 20: by Victoria (new) - added it

Victoria So is Jem and Tessa going to somehow pop back into the next Mortal Instruments book? I can't be the only one thinking this may happen, right?

Brittney Victoria wrote: "So is Jem and Tessa going to somehow pop back into the next Mortal Instruments book? I can't be the only one thinking this may happen, right?"

Tessa no, Jem most likely. The Epilogue happens after City of Heavenly Fire.

Jennifer Jem or well Brother Zachariah will be in the last TMI book. Tessa no. But when I met Cassie Clare at a signing she said Jem and Tessa will get married and show up in the Dark Artifices. I was fan girling about Jem so she told me and made me very happy!

Robin (Bridge Four) Jennifer wrote: "Jem or well Brother Zachariah will be in the last TMI book. Tessa no. But when I met Cassie Clare at a signing she said Jem and Tessa will get married and show up in the Dark Artifices. I was fan g..."

Yay!!!! I love Jessa. That would make me super happy.

message 24: by Naiade (last edited Jun 15, 2013 12:59AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Naiade if you think jem should die then i strongly suggest you take your advice and apply it to yourself

Petra Fair point

Ruo Nan When I read the end of Clockwork Princess I was iffy on my feelings. I wasn't sure if I was happy or not about Tessa being with Jem again. I don't think Jem would want to live forever any more. I think he just wants to marry and be with Tessa the way Will did.

message 27: by Tara (last edited Sep 16, 2013 11:22PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tara Am I the only one who doesn't like the idea of Jem being immortal because it feels like it's unfair to Will who lived his life as a mortal and died? :/

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

I think Jem does want to stay mortal. So does Tessa (stay immortal).

message 29: by Kary (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kary Jem should just consider marrying me

message 30: by Vanessa (new) - added it

Vanessa Jem sees how Jace and Clary love each other so much and he wants that for him. Clary asked him if he ever loved before he became a silent brother. He said that there was two people that he loved.

"You know a lot about the Herondales," she said. "And of all the Silent Brothers, you seem the most human. Most of them never show any emotion. They're like statues. But you seem to feel things. Your remember your life."
Being a Silent Brother is life, Clary Fray. But, if you mean I remember my life before the Brotherhood, I do.
Clary took a deep breath. "Were you ever in love? Before the Brotherhood? Was there anyone you would have died for?"
There was a long silence. Then: (This is where I think he thinks of Tessa.)
Two people, said Brother Zachariah. There are memories that time does not erase, Clarissa. Ask your friend Magnus Bane, if you do not believe me. Forever does not make loss forgettable, only bearable.

That is what I think. He wants to finally be with Tessa. After all of the years he has loved her, it is his time to be with her. She too, has time to mourn Will. And now he too, gets the love of his life.

Connie Vanessa wrote: "Jem sees how Jace and Clary love each other so much and he wants that for him. Clary asked him if he ever loved before he became a silent brother. He said that there was two people that he loved.
..."

I don't think that he finally realized that he had to be with Tessa, but rather now he finally could be with her. He said at the end of CP that something happened to him and that is why he is able to be with her as a non-silent brother. Remember, he only became one so that he wouldn't die. If he left the Silent City before he came in contact with Jace, he would have died. He always wanted to be with Tessa, and Jace and Clary's love had nothing to do with him and Tessa. Tessa and Jem always saw each other for those few hours, one day a year back in London.

Linda No, I don't think Jem wants to be a vampire. He just want to live a regular life with Tessa.

message 33: by Vanessa (new) - added it

Vanessa Connie wrote: "Vanessa wrote: "Jem sees how Jace and Clary love each other so much and he wants that for him. Clary asked him if he ever loved before he became a silent brother. He said that there was two people ..."

They did see each other, but if it were possible why wouldn't he have changed back before? Thats why I think when he saw that you have to fight for the one you love you fight. I think that he got that from Jace and Clary.

Connie Vanessa wrote: "Connie wrote: "Vanessa wrote: "Jem sees how Jace and Clary love each other so much and he wants that for him. Clary asked him if he ever loved before he became a silent brother. He said that there ..."

The possibility of that question comes in the epilogue of of book 5, City of Lost Souls. Something happens to Jem (as brother Zachariah) that allows him to be with Tessa. I'm sure the drawn out explanation will come in book 6.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

I couldn't believe that he was brother zacharia. so I guess in like the next tmi book it may say summat about him leaving or the series may end before he leaves cuz he left in 2008 and max died in 2007 so its not there yet

message 36: by Kim (new) - rated it 1 star

Kim Van Maanen Jace and his heavenly fire cures Jem...

Connie Kim wrote: "Jace and his heavenly fire cures Jem..."

I don't think that the answer was supposed to be given for the people who haven't read that far ahead. That is pretty crummy of you to do that, to spoil things for others even though you may not like it. You should have last put the answer under a spoiler alert.

message 38: by Kim (last edited Sep 30, 2013 03:20PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Kim Van Maanen Connie wrote: "Kim wrote: "Jace and his heavenly fire cures Jem..."

I don't think that the answer was supposed to be given for the people who haven't read that far ahead. That is pretty crummy of you to do that..."

How is that a spoiler? It's not in any of the currently published books, it's my guess as to what comes next in the last TMI book based on what I know from both series. Also, the title of the discussion is "Spoilers...Do you think Jem would consider..."

Connie Kim wrote: "Connie wrote: "Kim wrote: "Jace and his heavenly fire cures Jem..."

I don't think that the answer was supposed to be given for the people who haven't read that far ahead. That is pretty crummy of..."

The answer is a spoiler because it is based on the assumption that everyone has read all the TMI books as well as TCP books and that is not necessarily true.

message 40: by Kim (new) - rated it 1 star

Kim Van Maanen Connie wrote: "Kim wrote: "Connie wrote: "Kim wrote: "Jace and his heavenly fire cures Jem..."

I don't think that the answer was supposed to be given for the people who haven't read that far ahead. That is pret..."

I'm am completely confused by your statement, and I truly don't understand how you can call my post "crummy" when you haven't read the books but yet have ventured onto a discussion thread for the final book in the TID series and suggest I've ruined it for you? Really? Did the thought not cross your mind that when you clicked on this link to this FINAL book, Clockwork Princess, that I'd like to point out states in the title, "SPOILERS" that you'd get something other than a discussion about a book you haven't read?The Epilogue of this book is being dicussed, and takes place after both series have completed. Please do not suggest that I have somehow ruined your experience when you clearly chose to click on this discussion thread knowing there was a discussion about a book you have yet to read. The choice to ruin your experience is your own. And yes, based on the title of this discussion thread I can make an assumption that everyone commenting on this feed has knowledge of how the TID concludes. The final book, 6, of TMI has yet to be published so therefore I couldn't have posted a spoiler to a book I have no knowledge!!

Connie Kim wrote: "Connie wrote: "Kim wrote: "Connie wrote: "Kim wrote: "Jace and his heavenly fire cures Jem..."

I don't think that the answer was supposed to be given for the people who haven't read that far ahead..."

First off, calm down. Second off, I have listened to all of TMI(The Mortal Instrument) books that are out so far, as well as all of the Clockwork Princess series.

I meant that you may have ruined it for others reading this post. You would have ruined a book that people may NOT have read yet. That is what I was saying. If you notice, in above conversations no one else blurted out the obvious answer. It's most likely because they haven't read the 5th out of 6th book of TMI. Please don't insinuate that I don't know what I'm talking about. I didn't deserve for you to speak to me that way.

message 42: by Kim (new) - rated it 1 star

Kim Van Maanen Connie wrote: "Kim wrote: "Connie wrote: "Kim wrote: "Connie wrote: "Kim wrote: "Jace and his heavenly fire cures Jem..."

I don't think that the answer was supposed to be given for the people who haven't read th..."

I still have no idea how my post has ruined this experience for anyone? Does the title of the thread not indicate to the reader that this discussion will contain spoilers? Did you not post your opinion that also contain information that, if the reader was not current with both series, would be considered a spoiler? Of which, you too would be contributing to the "crumminess"? Please do not police my opinion on a thread that you too have enjoyed the ability to include your own opinion. Finally, there was no "blurting out", I stated my opinion about how Jem gets cured in a calm and concise manner (one short simple sentence versus a long drug out rendition), any tone you may have interpreted, is just that...your interpretation.

Sorry you feel put off by my post. Happy reading and maybe we can further discuss after the final book is published.

Connie Umm, no I didn't give the answer away. I told readers if they would get to the end of book 5 they would get the answer to which this whole post is based. I gave them a chance to look at the book for themselves and get to it when they read the book.

As far as us discussing further, I don't think that it is our best interests. You don't understand me, and I don't care too much for your responses either. So, good night. It is my bedtime and I won't respond to any more of your posts.

Veronica did i see it coming that he would un-silent brother himself? no. so it wont shock me if he becomes a vampire. i wanted him to be one.

Jelly224 I think he should become a vampire if he wants to stay with Tessa forever. I mean it would be cool if he were a vampire and I would still love Jem anyway.

Razan No of course he doesn't want to be a vampire. He just wants a normal, human happy life with Tessa like Will has.
(yes has, I don't wanna use past tense)