Downers Grove Public Library discussion

Introduce Yourself!

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Downers Grove Public Library | 8 comments Mod
Hi everyone! I'm the DGPL, a big brown library in Downers Grove, Illinois. I like fast internet connections, getting visitors from all over the world, and of course, books!

message 2: by Tiny Octopus (new)

Tiny Octopus | 2 comments Hi! I'm Digital Librarian Mary. You may know me from such places as Facebook, the webpage, and Twitter! I live in the PR office, typing away my days. :) I love to read all kinds of stuff, but mostly science fiction, fantasy, horror, teen and kids stuff! :)

message 3: by Kristin (new)

Kristin (skywalkerchick) | 1 comments I'm Kristin. I've lived in Downers for about 7 years. I'm a Youth Services Library Assistant at Bloomingdale, but Downers is still my home library. :-) Books are my passion, and I love reading them just as much as recommending them.

message 4: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (shanimal0714) | 4 comments Hello! I'm Shannon & I am an Adult & Teen Services Librarian at the Downers Grove Public Library. My favorite genres to read are historical fiction, literary fiction & biographies on just about anyone!

message 5: by Lori (new)

Lori | 1 comments Hi - I'm Lori and I am passionate about nonfiction books and nonfiction Readers' Advisory. My favorite thing about nonfiction is learning new things. I also love to read literary fiction, humor, and coming-of-age stories. I'm retiring soon from the Downers Grove Public Library after 26 years, but I want to keep in touch with book people!

message 6: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1 comments I'm Carol and I am the PR person at the Mount Prospect Public Library. Downers Grove has been my home library for about 43 years. Also, I was married at the Chicago Cultural Center, a former library. So I love libraries! I also love books, and I read literary fiction, history, YA, and art and travel books. I love Chicago, cats, the 1920s, modern art, wildflowers, David Bowie, guitars and gardening.

message 7: by Annie Garvey (new)

Annie Garvey (irishannie) | 2 comments I'm Annie Garvey Jagielski. I teach software classes to patrons and staff at the Downers Grove Public Library. My favorite authors are Truman Capote and Nora Ephron. I also like nonfiction and biography.

message 8: by D.L. (new)

D.L. Partee (keltrius) | 1 comments Hi everyone!I'm D.L Partee I am a new author of the new series Keltrius and the armor of God. I wanted to created a new Christian superhero for everybody to enjoy. So check it out.

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mdoornbos) I'm the PR manager at DGPL. I thought I'd pass on two beach reads that I enjoyed this holiday weekend: James Patterson's NYPD Red and John Green's Paper Towns. Feel free to follow me here, I loooove book recommendations!

message 10: by Ken (last edited Aug 18, 2013 08:30PM) (new)

Ken Fredette (klfredette) Hi everybody, I'm Kenneth. I'm retired and I am the moderator of the "Scandinavian and Nordic Crime Fiction". I have a huge library of crime. It's been my hobby for 3 years. I do need to break for other crime so I'm also a moderator of "World Mysteries and Thrillers". Keeps me pretty busy.