Medieval Fantasy Roleplay discussion

The Dwarvish Realm > The castle

Comments Showing 1-50 of 251 (251 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

The dwarvish castle

message 2: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 605 comments Torm Goldhand returned unto his court. Dwarves stood at his entrance, and his personal guard moved to flank him. He adressed the masses, telling them to be seated as he took up his rightful place on the throne.

message 3: by Sage of Souls, The Archangel, White Dragon Lord, & Hellblade Bearer (new)

Sage of Souls (sageofsouls) | 1203 comments Mod
"Let me through!" *Steven kicked a Dwarven guard through the door into the throne room and walked into the throne room, his sword gripped firmly in his hand, and glared at the Dwarf sitting atop the throne*

message 4: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 605 comments Torm looked down at the newcomer. "Order!" He bellowed. "I will not have violence in my court!"

message 5: by Sage of Souls, The Archangel, White Dragon Lord, & Hellblade Bearer (new)

(( Sorry, this I-touch is a piece of crap. ))
"What order is there when members of your race are found assaulting my own?! Why should I submit to your wishes when I find your kind slaughtering mine?! Damn you and your order!"

message 6: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 605 comments "Put your sword away and I shall listen to your plea. Not until then shall I hear a single word. Guards, away from him, but do not let him lay hands on a single member of my court."

message 7: by Sage of Souls, The Archangel, White Dragon Lord, & Hellblade Bearer (new)

"And what makes you think I would be so foolish as to sheath my weapon in the midst of your royal guard? Do you think that I am so ignorant that I don't know what would occur should I remove my guard? And yet you are in no position to be ordering me! You kind attacked my friends without any given reason! What justice do you have for that?!"

message 8: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 605 comments "Much as I sympathise to your plight, please try to see this from my viewpoint. You, a stranger, barge into my halls, assault my guard and accuse my people. I am willing to hear you, but not under these circumstances." He thought for a moment. "Guard! Sheath arms!"

message 9: by Sage of Souls, The Archangel, White Dragon Lord, & Hellblade Bearer (new)

(( Forgive the upcoming godmod, and I can change it if necessary. ))
*Steven watched as the guards around him sheathed their weapons and stood away from him, then glared back at the Dwarf on the throne* "Fine. But don't underestimate me." *He sheared his sword on his back and waited for him to respond*

message 10: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 605 comments ((That's fine, it's assumed the dwarves follow their king))

"Thank you. Now we can talk like civilised peoples. Now, you presumably have a tale to tell?"

message 11: by Sage of Souls, The Archangel, White Dragon Lord, & Hellblade Bearer (new)

(( Sorry, my I-touch died. ))
"Your kind attacked my friends at a refugee hideout in the forest west of the White Knights' kingdom. They burned the camp and slaughter eight people before my men and I could arrive to protect them. Four of those refugees were Human, one was an Elf, two were other Dwarves, and one was a Werewolf. This action was seen as a hostile action against the refugee neutrals and, since it was your kind that performed this action, you are to be held responsible--assuming you are King Torm Goldhand, correct?"

message 12: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 605 comments "I am he. But I can tell you that you are mistaken. No dwarf of my realm would slay his kin. It must be hard to hear this, but you have been fooled. There are many with both power enough and ample reason to do this, making it look like my doing. A war of dwarrow and rangers would leave both our peoples open to a greater danger. In recompense, I offer you the hospitalities of my halls as long as you wish to stay. Do you have anything else to say?"

message 13: by Sage of Souls, The Archangel, White Dragon Lord, & Hellblade Bearer (new)

*Steven scowled and growled* "This was no magical illusion, Goldhand! Such magic dissipates after the host being's life ends, and those attackers' lives did end! No magic was worn off and no other being there was able to detect any magic emanating from their bodies! These beings were either Dwarven by nature or were turned into Dwarves by some other power, but were Dwarves, nonetheless. Do not take me for a fool! If you do so, then I would suggest you be prepared to defend yourself, because I will not stand for such an insult! Nor will I stand idly and let the murder of those people go unanswered!"

message 14: by Sage of Souls, The Archangel, White Dragon Lord, & Hellblade Bearer (new)

(( I have to leave for work in about half an hour, to which case, unless you're on at about midnight, your time, I won't see you until tomorrow afterwards. Sorry. ))

message 15: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 605 comments "Nor would I! Do not take me for a coward! I will not stand for the murders of the innocent, but neither can I do anything here without evidence! What would you have me do? Risk a war by investigating the possible culprits; or simply punish my people with no need. Answer me that!"

message 16: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 605 comments SageofSouls wrote: "(( I have to leave for work in about half an hour, to which case, unless you're on at about midnight, your time, I won't see you until tomorrow afterwards. Sorry. ))"

((Ok. I'll still be on until you have to leave, though.))

message 17: by Sage of Souls, The Archangel, White Dragon Lord, & Hellblade Bearer (new)

(( Alright. ))
"Investigating a potential disregard to your law is NOT an act of war, Your Majesty, nor is the act of invoking punishment upon those who committed such a crime! But sitting there on your throne when news of such an act is brought to you, and especially by one that is not of your kind and has fought his way to get in here, may be a bit worth looking into. Especially if that person has gone through the trouble to get here! Believe me when I say that your castle is quite a hike from where I was. But no, I do not take you for a coward, but more as a person who would sit idle before taking action! If you want proof, then why don't you come retrieve the dead bodies of those who belong to your kind and see for yourself whether or not there was such an occurrence."

message 18: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 605 comments "I sit idly not. And though it is not an act of war, there are those who would see it as that. We have many enemies, some who are merely waiting for a spark to ignite the flames of warfare. And, in case you had not known, you could have simply petitioned an audience, with a case such as yours waiting on principle would not only have been more peaceful, but have granted your words weight in court. I have no doubt there are already at least half a dozen nobles sent out men looking for proof, their lords eager to find my favour. In such a politicking environ I cannot see how this would not be the case."

message 19: by Sage of Souls, The Archangel, White Dragon Lord, & Hellblade Bearer (new)

"Lords sent out men looking for proof? Proof of what?! If they were looking for proof of this incident, then such an occurrence could not be the first and there must have been someone else to already have reported back here before I had a chance to engage you! And your talk about a petition? Such a form of action would take longer to act upon than what I've done! I have a council with you now, whereas with a "petition", I would've had to wait who knows how long! Damn your petition! I care not for any kind of "court" you may hold, as the committers of this heinous act have already been punished! Just what good would this court of yours do? All it would do is start an investigation to find out who ordered the command, and such an investigation would yield nothing, since there was already no evidence found by my men or myself that would indicate such a party. The reason I'm here is to make sure you are aware that such actions are being taken by your kind and it is apparent that nothing has been done to put it to an end! If you have knowledge about this, whether from your own sources or from your nobles, then you should've been taking actions to prevent this! With this event that occurred, it is apparent that you have not! Or, at least, not efficient measures."

message 20: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 605 comments "I bore no knowledge of your plight until you spoke of it." Torm began quietly, his deep voice resonating across the hall. "In the time of this meeting I have noted 8 noblemen leave, all by the side exits, and all ambitious men. They have sent out men to corroborate your tale. When they return, I can take action. Until then, what would you have me do?"

message 21: by Sage of Souls, The Archangel, White Dragon Lord, & Hellblade Bearer (new)

"They what?!" *Steven looked frantically around the room, then drew his sword* "I will not have them go near that camp! I will not have another incident occurring!"
(( I have to go to work, now, sorry. ))

message 22: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 605 comments "How many times do I have to stress this. We are NON-HOSTILE. If what you have said is true, and your assumptions correct, then those few still represent a vast minority of scum in our realm. Are there not human bandits as well? Then what would you have me do? I will not call them back."

message 23: by Sage of Souls, The Archangel, White Dragon Lord, & Hellblade Bearer (new)

"Then I guess I'll have to stop them, myself. I don't trust your kind--not since that incident! What makes you think that I'm going to sit idly by while MORE of your kind go to "investigate" that camp?!"

message 24: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 605 comments "What else would you have me do?! My hands are tied! I can no more call them back than I could have sent them myself, either action slights the honour of various noblemen. I believe in Justice, but I live in Politics."

message 25: by Sage of Souls, The Archangel, White Dragon Lord, & Hellblade Bearer (new)

*Steven growled* "Fine. If you believe their intentions are well, then I will leave them...for now. But I swear! If ANY of them lay a single hand on any being in that camp, or anywhere else that houses neutrals such as us, I WILL kill you all!"

message 26: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 605 comments "Do not presume to threaten me in my halls! I offer you hospitalities and invite your council, and you repay me how?! You threaten my whole people! My country! So now, I repeat, WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE ME DO?!"

message 27: by Sage of Souls, The Archangel, White Dragon Lord, & Hellblade Bearer (new)

"I would have you assure me that this is NOT war against MY people!"

message 28: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 605 comments "It is not!!! If it is anything, it is a crime, murder, and unlawful to extremes. I give you my word that I had neither heard of nor sanctioned such an event before your arrival." Torm took off his crown momentarily. "Prove me wrong and I am no king."

message 29: by Sage of Souls, The Archangel, White Dragon Lord, & Hellblade Bearer (new)

*Steven frowned and remained silent for a moment, then spoke* "Very well, then. I will take your word for it, so long as you can guarantee that my people will be safe."

message 30: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 605 comments "I can guarantee nothing, but you have my word. Would you care to sheath your sword now?"

message 31: by Sage of Souls, The Archangel, White Dragon Lord, & Hellblade Bearer (new)

*Steven frowned* "Fine." *He sheathed his sword on his back once more* "Please understand my position in this matter and why I must be this way."

message 32: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 605 comments "I couldn't understand you more, but you must also understand my position. Is there anything I can do to make your wait more comfortable? Food? Mead?"

message 33: by Sage of Souls, The Archangel, White Dragon Lord, & Hellblade Bearer (new)

*Steven sighed* "Some water will do fine, if you would. Like I said, it was quite a long walk to your castle from my camp."

message 34: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 605 comments Torm motioned and a fine goblet was filled and brought to Steven.

message 35: by Sage of Souls, The Archangel, White Dragon Lord, & Hellblade Bearer (new)

*Steven took the glass* "Thank you." *He took a swig of the drink, then brought it away from his mouth* "Thank you, Your Majesty."

message 36: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 605 comments "I don't see why you should start standing on courtesy now . You had little enough care for it a few moments ago, when you burst into my halls, demanding retribution."

message 37: by Sage of Souls, The Archangel, White Dragon Lord, & Hellblade Bearer (new)

*Steven scowled* "I am merely showing my gratitude for your generosity. Do not take me for a self-contradicting hypocrite. Would you rather me take your token and reticule you for it?"

message 38: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 605 comments "I merely jest, ranger. Life in court is rather dull, you see?"

message 39: by Sage of Souls, The Archangel, White Dragon Lord, & Hellblade Bearer (new)

"I am not a Ranger, Your Magesty. I am a Knight. I was trained by the best the White Knights had to offer."

message 40: by Sage of Souls, The Archangel, White Dragon Lord, & Hellblade Bearer (new)

(( :| ))

message 41: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 605 comments "Then why are you a neutral? The White Knights rarely offer training to those who owe them no allegiance."

message 42: by Sage of Souls, The Archangel, White Dragon Lord, & Hellblade Bearer (new)

*Steven frowned and hung his head "My family was slain by members of a rogue division of Knights who rebelled against the White Knight ways while I was out, gathering for my research. When I returned, I found my home burnt to the ground and the remains of charred corpses inside...all except for my mother, who laid by our guarden with a large puncture wound in her chest, more than likely caused by a sword. When I went to confront the Lords of the Land about this event, they refused to invoke judgment upon those who committed such a heinous act." *He looked up and scowled* "So I broke away from such a dishonorable, treacherous kingdom. That is why I am neutral and that is why I despise those who sit idly by while such crimes are allowed to occur without the persuit of justice."

message 43: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 605 comments "Rest assured I am doing all I can to investigate this latest murder, and I am sorry for your loss. I have a contact, though, in the White Knights, a man of power. It does not seem he would have allowed this, but it could easily have occurred before his ascension..."

message 44: by Sage of Souls, The Archangel, White Dragon Lord, & Hellblade Bearer (new)

"More than likely, as the murder of my family took place ten years ago. But I am glad that you are at least willing to listen."

message 45: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 605 comments "I was willing to listen the moment you were." Torm said cryptically. "You will feast with us tonight, of course."

message 46: by Sage of Souls, The Archangel, White Dragon Lord, & Hellblade Bearer (new)

"I would not want to impose. At least, not after my intrusion."

message 47: by The Phantom (new)

The Phantom (zerosummations) | 605 comments "You are a guest. You will feast with us. It is custom, and I would rather your intrusion were not widely known. From this moment forth you are an honoured guest. Act like one."

message 48: by Sage of Souls, The Archangel, White Dragon Lord, & Hellblade Bearer (new)

*Steven frowned* "While I am not going to be hypocritical, I will not dine with you if I feel that I am going to be treated as a prisoner. For the meantime, however, I will dine with you. At least until there is news on the status of the investigation or if some incident occurrs that would force me to believe that my camp and my people are in danger."

message 49: by Sage of Souls, The Archangel, White Dragon Lord, & Hellblade Bearer (new)

(( :| ))

« previous 1 3 4 5 6