Percy Jackson Fan Club! discussion

Reactions :O :D -_- ect, ect..:P > Luke......A traitor?

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Camper ~ "Bob says hello." (new)

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) | 15305 comments Mod
I was shocked..Then sad..Then angry.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I like him

message 3: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Camper ~ "Bob says hello." (new)

I like Luke, too. I also miss him. :( I was sad when he was a traitor.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I actually like him as the bad guy #lovebadguys

message 5: by Emma Grace (new)

Emma Grace (emsta21) | 427 comments Luke's my favorite evil guy in any books. Because he's just so...conflicted. Good and bad and just wants to be free... I LOVE HIM. I don't think Thaluke would ever work out though....

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Me toi

message 7: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Camper ~ "Bob says hello." (new)

Emma Grace wrote: "Luke's my favorite evil guy in any books. Because he's just so...conflicted. Good and bad and just wants to be free... I LOVE HIM. I don't think Thaluke would ever work out though...."

Especially since in book 3, Thalia went to the Hunters. I wonder what would've happened if the whole it'd been an act..

message 8: by Celia (new)

Celia (menel-char-pippin-ronald-sasha) | 5358 comments Emma Grace wrote: "Luke's my favorite evil guy in any books. Because he's just so...conflicted. Good and bad and just wants to be free... I LOVE HIM. I don't think Thaluke would ever work out though...."

Honestly, when I first read the series, I was always secretly hoping that Luke would be good and live in the end... the first part sort of happened... but he didn't live... :(

message 9: by Kaity (new)

Kaity (i-love-books-because-reasons) | 28 comments I didn't expect him to be a traitor.

message 10: by Disneyboy (last edited Oct 01, 2013 02:04AM) (new)

Disneyboy | 26 comments It was nice u go to understand his life in the books and why he did what he did. Also he was not the 100% evil villan like in many other stories.
Really awesome in the end, must have been really hard to do that.

message 11: by MOVED - CHECK BIO, Head Camper ~ "Bob says hello." (new)

I admit, Luke was a pretty good character. Not all evil, but not completely good either. He was just..confused?

message 12: by Disneyboy (new)

Disneyboy | 26 comments Yeah and angry and he probably feelt betrayed by his parents. Also the parents knew about the prophecy, and that made them act wierd and to aviod him. I think that was what Cronus used to make him do the bad stuff, at least to go that far. Luke could probably have turned out fine of the prophecy was not about him and that Cronos did not manipulate him.

message 13: by Samuel (new)

Samuel | 922 comments I never thought of Luke as evil, he just wanted what was best for the demigods. He just went past extremes.

message 14: by Celia (new)

Celia (menel-char-pippin-ronald-sasha) | 5358 comments Sigma wrote: "I never thought of Luke as evil, he just wanted what was best for the demigods. He just went past extremes."

Just a little past it :p

message 15: by Kate (new)

Kate (percysfangirls) | 6 comments Emma Grace wrote: "Luke's my favorite evil guy in any books. Because he's just so...conflicted. Good and bad and just wants to be free... I LOVE HIM. I don't think Thaluke would ever work out though...."

Agreed. And Thaluke wouldn't work out even if Luke didn't die. I still ship it though haha

message 16: by Anni (new)

Anni | 4 comments Kate wrote: "Kate wrote: "Agreed. And Thaluke wouldn't work out even if Luke didn't die. I still ship it though haha "

Same, haha.
But I liked Luke a lot and I didn't see it coming when he betrayed Percy in "The Lightening Thief" and well I guess he did want to make things better and died as a hero in the end.

message 17: by Mary (new)

Mary (goodreadscomlamby_mary) I didn't seee it coming, either, but I admit I was kind of hoping he would change his mind and be good again. ☺

message 18: by Kate (new)

Kate (percysfangirls) | 6 comments Kate wrote: "Emma Grace wrote: "Luke's my favorite evil guy in any books. Because he's just so...conflicted. Good and bad and just wants to be free... I LOVE HIM. I don't think Thaluke would ever work out thoug..."

Yeah I didn't see it coming either except it makes sense later I guess.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

i thought luke was like so swag and stuff. I thought that chapter was gonna be annabeth AT FIRST like before the chapter in the underworld with the flying shoes. when i found out it was luke i was like :O NO LUKE I ACTUALLY LIKED YOU!!!!! lol