YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)
This topic is about Unravel Me
BUDDY READ: Dystopian/Sci-Fi > UNRAVEL ME by Tahereh Mafi | Restarting January 13th 2014

Comments Showing 1-50 of 150 (150 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Adrienne (adriennesreads) | 256 comments Abbie and I are gonna read this together, feel free to join us! :)

Cams (thedaydreamreader) | 34 comments Yay! I'll join in too :)

Adrienne (adriennesreads) | 256 comments Great! It's nice to have another buddy read with you, Camille :D

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Have fun reading this one. This book is better than the first one. :)

Adrienne (adriennesreads) | 256 comments It is? Now I'm really excited to read this. :)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Yep. I will join you guys on the discussion. If it's alright :)

Adrienne (adriennesreads) | 256 comments It's okay! We're happy to have you join :)

Abbie (abbietenchie) So excited to read this! :)

Cams (thedaydreamreader) | 34 comments I just finished the first book. Finally, I'll be able to start this one. Weeeee :)

Abbie (abbietenchie) I'm 100 pages in... annoyed at Juliette.

Adrienne (adriennesreads) | 256 comments I haven't even started yet, lol. Maybe later. :)

Adrienne (adriennesreads) | 256 comments Ten pages in and Juliette's already whining like a five-year-old. I hope she won't stay like this for the rest of the book...

Abbie (abbietenchie) Yes, I didn't enjoy the first hundred pages where Juliette kept whining.

Adrienne (adriennesreads) | 256 comments Kenji's really cool though! I want to read more of him! <3

Abbie (abbietenchie) Yes. Kenji seems like a clown but he's really deep and insightful. I liked the part when he chastised Juliette.

message 16: by Cams (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cams (thedaydreamreader) | 34 comments I also love Kenji too! he's the coolest character in the book. I want to learn more about Warner also. :D

message 17: by Cams (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cams (thedaydreamreader) | 34 comments Are you guys done? Waaaaa. this book is better than the first. it's so action loaded!

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments ^ I second. How's chapter 62? Team Adam or Team Warner? :)

message 19: by Cams (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cams (thedaydreamreader) | 34 comments Team Warner for the win! So in love with him right now. lol. how about you? :)

Abbie (abbietenchie) Team Warner from the start! I enjoyed the action but Juliette's incessant drama got on my nerves.

message 21: by Rann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rann (thickpages) | 4 comments Beatrice wrote: "^ I second. How's chapter 62? Team Adam or Team Warner? :)"

Chapter 62 is scorching hot!!!

Adrienne (adriennesreads) | 256 comments I was Team Adam at first but now... I don't know. I'm falling hard for Warner (and Kenji!!!) :D

Abbie (abbietenchie) A bad boy with a heart of gold!!! Yay Warner! :)

Adrienne (adriennesreads) | 256 comments Lol I bet you're really happy most of the people now are rooting for Warner and Juliette huh?

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments After reading Unravel Me, I had a book-hangover. That Chapter 62 split my mind.

I still prefer Adam for Juliette...

but... I'm TEAM WARNER,ADAM,&...KENJI :D I love the three of them.

Abbie (abbietenchie) Super happy! I just knew he wasn't really evil. But I'm still pissed that Juliette had to get shot before she realized how crucial it was to use her powers to defeat Anderson. It took me hours to slough through the Adam-Juliette drama and this is what I get? Mmmm.

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Abbie wrote: "Super happy! I just knew he wasn't really evil. But I'm still pissed that Juliette had to get shot before she realized how crucial it was to use her powers to defeat Anderson. It took me hours to s..."

Juliette was really annoying. Too whiny and immature.

Adrienne (adriennesreads) | 256 comments I agree! She doesn't deserve two guys fighting over her. (view spoiler)

Abbie (abbietenchie) @Beatrice: Thank you! I thought it was just me who thought that.

@Adrienne: Oh please no! I had heart burn after I read that series.

Adrienne (adriennesreads) | 256 comments Ugh yeah, me too. I regret buying the entire series.

message 31: by Cams (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cams (thedaydreamreader) | 34 comments Yea, Warner is a good guy with a bad boy exterior. Gaaaahh.

I agree with you guys that. Juliette is too whinny and is it just my copy but does she really tend to repeat herself from time to time?

Abbie (abbietenchie) She does repeat herself a lot. I just want to shake her .

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments I want to put a duct tape on her mouth.

Adrienne (adriennesreads) | 256 comments Good idea, Beatrice! LOL

message 35: by Cams (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cams (thedaydreamreader) | 34 comments @Beatrice

LOL.

Adrienne (adriennesreads) | 256 comments Wow, lots of you gave the book 5 stars. I'm the only one who gave it 2 lol

Abbie (abbietenchie) @Adrienne: if u re-read the book do u think u might reconsider ur rating?

message 38: by Cams (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cams (thedaydreamreader) | 34 comments @Adrienne:

I'm curious, why didn't you like it?

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Lol. :) I gave it 5 stars because I'm satisfied with it and it's so much better than the first book.

message 40: by Cams (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cams (thedaydreamreader) | 34 comments lol. I second Abbie's comment :D

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments Camille wrote: "@Adrienne:

I'm curious, why didn't you like it?"

I'm going to guess why she didn't like it...

----- Whiny Juliette. :)

Adrienne (adriennesreads) | 256 comments @Abbie I don't even want to reread it, I think Juliette's repeated herself plenty of times.

@Beatrice you're right, Juliette was SO whiny! This was more action-packed than the last book (and featured Kenji a lot♥) but half of the time I had to read about Juliette's petty problems and that was just... ugh *eye-roll*

@Camille see above. Haha!

Abbie (abbietenchie) @Beatrice: yeah, that's probably why. I didn't like all the whining but all the Warner scenes made up for that :)

message 44: by Beatrice (last edited Jun 08, 2013 07:03AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments @Adrienne- I have dibs for Kenji too! I want to see more of him. I hope the next novella will be about him or Adam. I'm annoyed with Juliette too (good thing I have long patience), she can't focus on what she's doing because she just keeps talking and all that drama between her and Adam.

@Abbie - Warner just made me confused. he split my head.

Adrienne (adriennesreads) | 256 comments @Beatrice YESS! A novella about Kenji would be PERFECT!!! ♥

@Abbie oh Warner. *swoon*

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments *cross fingers*

Adrienne (adriennesreads) | 256 comments Have you guys read Destroy Me?

Abbie (abbietenchie) @Beatrice: He's supposed to be complex, torn between who he is and who he wants to be. Very dramatic for a dude. Hehe.

message 49: by Beatrice (last edited Jun 08, 2013 07:25AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) | 5358 comments @ Adrienne- yep. :) It's good to hear Warner's POV. That's when I realized he's not a villain at all.

Abbie (abbietenchie) Ack!!! Haven't read Destroy Me yet. Excited to read it soon.

« previous 1 3