The Elite discussion

Main Campus > Social Room

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

☯ ƒ ι η η у  ☯ | 78 comments Melisande sat on one of the sofa's , quietly humming along to some music that she was listening to.She was propped on the arm of the sofa,her legs up on the sofa.She didn't think that anybody would mind,she was clean.Well,clean was an understatement.Mel was very OCD. Melisande hadn't made many friends yet,since she hadn't left her dorm much.She thought it might have been nice to have a change of scenery,which is why she was there.

Mel listened to a few songs from musicals,which was her favorite music with words.She loved the emotion in them.Melisande also liked that they were actually singing, they weren't doing what most artists tried to pass as music. She only liked a few bands,which were quite unknown.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Letting his sister explore her dorm by herself had been a good idea. Or so Cris told himself. Whenever you saw one of them, you would usually see the other as well. That's what came of being a twin in his family. So he was now alone, exploring other parts of the building by himself, wishing someone was around to have conversation with. What could he say, he was a people person.

Cristofer walked into the Social Room while observing it with a keen eye. He was always on the lookout for something or someone new to draw. A moment later, his brown eyes landed on a girl casually lounging on a sofa who looked to be enjoying her own company.

☯ ƒ ι η η у  ☯ | 78 comments Melisande was focused on herself and the music more than anything.She had her eyes shut,enjoying the peace and quiet.For a social room,it was quite empty.She hummed along to How to be a heartbreaker by Marina and the Diamonds. She liked how Marina sung,she had such a beautiful voice. Though Melisande's idol was Lana del Rey.Mel thought she was perfect,which in many way's Lana was.

Mel didn't recall that anybody was in the room.Her music was on blast,which made it hard for her to pay any attention to her surroundings.For all she knew she was alone.She ached to get her fingers on a piano,or something of the sort.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Walking towards the girl, Cris smiled politely even though she couldn't see him. "Do you enjoy keeping company with yourself by humming to different tunes?"

☯ ƒ ι η η у  ☯ | 78 comments Mel,having her headphones in and on full blast,didn't hear a word he said.Though,she did feel something near her.Everybody has that instinct where you feel something near you right? She opened her eyes and laugh softly when she felt herself jump slightly.She was surprised that somebody was in the room,but she didn't ming company. She pulled out her headphones and looked at the boy"Im sorry, excuse me?I didn't quite hear what you said."Melisande said.Her voice had a remnants of her french accent,you could tell she was foreign.She had never been able to get rid of her accent when she spoke english,and she didn't really mind.Many guys thought it was absolutely adorable,but she really didn't care.She just thought it was normal.

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited May 31, 2013 06:19PM) (new)

"I asked if you enjoyed keeping company with yourself by humming different tunes." Cris repeated. He didn't mind the need, she seemed nice enough.

Sitting down next to her, he got himself comfortable, hoping she wouldn't mind conversation. Besides, Calandre would be a while. Gazing over the room once again, Cris was surprised to see such a room so empty, but what could he expect?

☯ ƒ ι η η у  ☯ | 78 comments She laughed softly."Actually I do.It's nice being alone."Mel said. Oh how much people didn't know about her.She hated being alone since the memories always came back.They haunted her mind if it wasn't focused on anything.The boy seemed nice enough,and so did she.Many times it was genuine,but it also always had a hint of it just being a front.It's really a mix between both.
(view spoiler)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

(view spoiler)

"I suppose I don't mind being alone either," Cris started. "But I'm almost always with my sister and with friends. So in a way it's weird to be alone. So I'm assuming you're fond of music since you were humming just a moment ago, may I ask what you were humming?"

☯ ƒ ι η η у  ☯ | 78 comments Melisande laughed softly before replying"How to be a heartbreaker by Marina and the Diamonds.And yes.I am very fond of music.It's what my life consists of."She answered.She sat up,feeling quite awkward since she was the one laying down.She had set her music down,but it was playing softly in the background.It was actually one of her ancestors compositions, fantasie impromtu.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

"I'm assuming then that your ancestors were fond of music." Cris smiled. He himself enjoyed music, but he preferred drawing to that. It made sense though, since his ancestor was an artist.

☯ ƒ ι η η у  ☯ | 78 comments "Quite.He was a virtuoso pianist,like myself,but I prefer playing much more than composing.Chopin was quite the composer."Melisande said with a slight smile.She loved the piano.It coursed through her blood,it was in her genes.She didn't know what she would do without it. The piano and music itself helped her cope with everything,so she would probably be a mess without it.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Cristofer nodded in agreement. He rather enjoyed listening to classical music, especially by the Greats such as Beethoven, Bach, Chopin, and Mozart. "It seems we all share the common gene with our ancestors. Francisco Goya was an artist, and both my sister and I love art. I prefer drawing more than she does though, because she's just into everything 'art'. By the way, I'm Cris."

☯ ƒ ι η η у  ☯ | 78 comments Melisande laughed."Oh the Irony.I love art and I'd love to paint and such,but I'm terribly at anything to do with art. Music I excel in but art isn't my specialty." she replied. It was true, she did like art. Mel was just horrible at it.When he mentioned a sister she smiled slightly.It was bitter-sweet.She missed her sister dearly "You have a sister? How lucky."Mel sighed.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

((I'm so sorry! I got side tracked!))

"Yeah, she's my twin. You don't seem to thrilled about that though. Is something wrong?" There was no way that Cris could miss the hint of tone in her voice that reflected longing. Her sigh only emphasized that. Had something happened to her family?

☯ ƒ ι η η у  ☯ | 78 comments (view spoiler)

Melisande perked up when he mentioned her seeming down.She didn't want to show weakness.She didn't want to seem sad.She laughed nervously before speaking"Why would you say that?Nothings wrong."Mel said.She attempted to be as normal as she could be,but she failed.She was good at lying for anything else but her family.She was never good at lying about her grief.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Cris gave her a pointed look. "I have a twin sister who shares similar expressions to yours when something that upsets her is on her mind. I know her like the back of my hand, so I'm pretty sure I can tell the same facial expression on someone else. Plus, you're terrible at lying." Pausing, Cris' expression relaxed, becoming more gentle. "If you don't want to talk about it you don't have to share. Just know that I know you're not feeling fine."

☯ ƒ ι η η у  ☯ | 78 comments "Well thanks I feel sooo much better about myself.Plus,nobody told you to meddle in on my life story."Melisande snapped.She got very protective of herself when people knew she was down or when they asked about her family.Mel wanted to keep the memories she had of them to herself,so she wasn't quite ready to share them.Melisande was very crazy in some ways. Her beliefs were based on pain and grief,which isn't so healthy for the mind.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

"Like I said," Cris returned calmly. "I'm not going to force you to share anything and I'm not going to meddle with your life story. Okay?" In some ways he was grateful for those tough moments with his sister, because in times like this he wouldn't lose his patience.

☯ ƒ ι η η у  ☯ | 78 comments Melisande moved away from him slightly.She was getting too close to somebody who she didn't know for her liking.Instead of replying,she just nodded.She could feel the memories flooding back,since she wasn't drowning herself in music.Gosh,she was so messed up.She was horrible in her mind,she thought she was a liar.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Cris sat there, letting her think it out. If she wanted him to go, he would. It wasn't his plan to push people's buttons and make them tick. He waited patiently for her to calm herself, leaning back on the couch and sitting in silence. It went on for quite a while, but he wasn't going to be the first to break it. Besides, it wasn't an awkward silence, it was comfortable. Almost calming.

☯ ƒ ι η η у  ☯ | 78 comments Melisande closed her eyes before sighing.She kept them closed as she spoke"Im sorry I snapped at you.It's a habit."She said.She didn't look at him or say anything else.She just said that simple phrase.She felt semi-guilty so she apologized.Mel was never fully guilty ,so it was always semi-guilty.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

"It's okay. It's a normal thing to do." Cris smiled, looking up at the ceiling that had grown fairly interesting in his mindless waiting. He understood the fact that snapping at people was her defense mechanism. In fact, everyone did it. Including him. Reaching a turning point in the conversation, Cris spoke again. "You never did tell me your name..."

☯ ƒ ι η η у  ☯ | 78 comments She laughed softly. Melisande didn't find it as normal as he did.She knew that lots of people didn't do that.Mel figured that he was just trying to sympathize her or comfort her.When he mentioned that she never really said her name,she thought that he was correct.Though he didn't tell her his name either. "It's Melisande" Mel replied before adding "Though,you haven't told me your name either"

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Cris nodded. "That's a rather unique name, but if I recall I actually did give you my name. Though, I'll say it again." It would be a fresh start in a way. As if nothing that had happened moments before. "I'm Cristofer, but you can call me Cris."

☯ ƒ ι η η у  ☯ | 78 comments "It's not that unique.It's just french."Mel replied.She felt that this boy was nice,though slightly conservative in a way. Melisande could tell that he was close with his sister,because he didn't share much with other people."Cristofer."She said,testing out his name ."It's nice."She added.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Smiling Cris nodded. "It's the Spanish version of the name, so it's spelled differently. Anyway, what's your hobby besides music, if any?"
He tried to keep the conversation going, though he felt slightly awkward which was weird for him. Then again, Cal wasn't by his side so it would feel weird.

☯ ƒ ι η η у  ☯ | 78 comments Mel laughed slightly.She didn't have many hobbies but the ones that her mother installed her in."Dance,theater,singing,pretty much anything but art."It was true,she was good at many things but art.She didn't feel as awkward as she did when she first met the boy,he was being quite nice.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Cris smiled. Her hobbies may not have been art in the sense of the actual word, but they were definitely related to it. "That's quite a few hobbies for one person. How often to you actually get to enjoy yourself by doing them?"

☯ ƒ ι η η у  ☯ | 78 comments Melisande smiled"I've put myself into many extracurricular activities that include them,so I don't loose or forget them.Though my school activities are focused on music."She replied.It was true she focused on music more than anything,though since her mother spent so much money on the schools she went to to learn these,she did things that involved them so that she would be able to do any of them.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

"Well, that's good." Cristofer smiled kindly. He himself had been able to spend most of his time on his hobbies, mostly because they were something he could do by himself and in his school. Yet at the same time, he was busy doing other things as well, so while he spent a lot of time doing the things he loved, he always wished he could do more.

☯ ƒ ι η η у  ☯ | 78 comments Melisande nodded.She felt the awkwardness coming back once again and she sighed.She had enough human interaction for the day.She stood up,picking up her phone when she did."I should get going."She said before she walked out of the room,heading back to her dorm.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Cris really didn't mind. He couldn't blame the girl for being done with the conversation. "I'll see you around sometime then." He wasn't sure if that was actually true, but he kind of hoped it would be. She was a nice girl once you started talking with her. He followed shortly after off to find his sister who was off exploring by herself.