Dystopia Land discussion

Archived 2013-2014 A-Z Dyst Chal > El's shameful 40 maybe more for 2013

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Empress, Seeker of wonders (new)

Empress (the_empress) | 1215 comments Mod

0. Judas Unchained (Commonwealth Saga, #2) by Peter F. Hamilton Started 2012, finished 2013.
Audiobooks:
0. Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver

1. The Twilight Of Briareus by Richard Cowper   2. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood 3. Self Abuse by Jonathan Self  4. The Death of Grass by John Christopher  5. The Maze Runner by James Dashner
 6. Winter of Fire by Sherryl Jordan     7. City of Pearl (Wess'har Wars, #1) by Karen Traviss 8. House of Suns by Alastair Reynolds 9. Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott 10. Crossing the Line (Wess'Har Wars,# 2) by Karen Traviss
11. The World Before (Wess'Har Wars, #3) by Karen Traviss 12.  Matriarch (Wess'Har Wars, #4) by Karen Traviss 13. Ally (Wess'Har Wars, #5) by Karen Traviss 14. Judge (Wess'Har Wars, #6) by Karen Traviss 15. Blindsight by Peter Watts
16. Stories of Your Life and Others by Ted Chiang 17. The Red Tree by Shaun Tan 18. The Gate to Women's Country by Sheri S. Tepper 19. Dawn (Xenogenesis, #1) by Octavia E. Butler 20. Adulthood Rites (Xenogenesis, #2) by Octavia E. Butler
21. Imago (Xenogenesis, #3) by Octavia E. Butler 22. Damned (Damned #1) by Chuck Palahniuk 23. The World of Pooh by A.A. Milne

message 2: by Miranda (new)

Miranda (somecrazygingerkid) | 0 comments might have to up it from 40 looks like your almost done :P

message 3: by Empress, Seeker of wonders (new)

Miranda wrote: "might have to up it from 40 looks like your almost done :P"

yeah I've hit 30 so that is what I was thinking. :]

message 4: by Miranda (new)

Miranda (somecrazygingerkid) | 0 comments woot woot :)

message 5: by Empress, Seeker of wonders (new)

Yeah but it might be cool to go over it. Something like - Ellies 2013 challenge 40 books - read 300 [yeah, keep dreaming!]

message 6: by Miranda (new)

Miranda (somecrazygingerkid) | 0 comments haha never know. I have to get to 100. which atm isn't seeming to hard. sucks I started late may. so from jan-whenever in may doesn't count. (I cant tell you what all I read lol)

message 7: by Empress, Seeker of wonders (new)

But you can add books read before May and just add some random dates. They will get into the account.

A 100 seems too much for me. I have some concentration problems

message 8: by Miranda (new)

Miranda (somecrazygingerkid) | 0 comments nah, its fine I sure ill end up reading over 100 anyways :P

yea I said the same thing its one thing to read 100+ its another having this number hanging over my head which kinda distracts me

message 9: by Empress, Seeker of wonders (new)

Update for my 2013 challenge. Reading has been real slow lately.

24. Death's Excellent Vacation by Charlaine Harris
25. Feed by Mira Grant
26. Overcoming Depression Pragmatic Solutions to Deal with Suicidal Thoughts by Mark Brightlife
27. Wool Omnibus (Silo, #1) (Wool, #1-5) by Hugh Howey
28. The Shelter  by SunHi Mistwalker
29. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
30. Get Me Out of Here My Recovery from Borderline Personality Disorder by Rachel Reiland
31. A Child Called It One Child's Courage to Survive by Dave Pelzer
32. I Am Legend by Richard Matheson

Jackie - Fire & Ice Book Reviews (jackiefireicebookreviews) I need to update as well.

message 11: by Empress, Seeker of wonders (new)

You'll be updating a lot! :D
But you don't have to do it at once. It's easy when you only have 10 books. Hmmm I wonder if a widget can be posted in the comments with the year bookshelf so it updates by itself.

have to try it out.

message 12: by Empress, Seeker of wonders (new)

Ok, so posting the widget url will post the books all at ones as covers. Example:

NB: Just increase the number of books in this option "select number of books up to 200:"

(view spoiler)

message 13: by Chris (new)

Chris Ward (chriswardfictionwriter) | 77 comments Pretty solid effort so far!

message 14: by Empress, Seeker of wonders (last edited Oct 01, 2013 10:25AM) (new)

Chris wrote: "Pretty solid effort so far!"

Oh, thank you. I Should update though:

33. Blunder Woman by Tanya Eby

34. The Machine Stops  by E.M. Forster

35. a beta read

36. Rip-Off! by John Scalzi

37. The Status Civilization by Robert Sheckley