Janet Tronstad - Dry Creek & Other Stories discussion

Latest novella off to the editor!

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 1207 comments Mod
Last night at 2:30 in the morning, I finally emailed my novella to the editor. Thanks to all with their patience in Spokane as I worked away!

message 2: by Mary (new)

Mary (maryannie) | 287 comments Yea, Janet! Take a deep, deep breath. We love ya!

message 3: by JanetTronstad (new)

Thank you, Mary! I'm soooo glad it's done as it's late and I know it puts my editor in a squeeze.

message 4: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 252 comments Just in time so you can enjoy the weekend, glad you finished. all your hard work will be a plus for the readers when we get the book...

message 5: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (mitzi_wanham) | 100 comments You rock, Janet. Stay calm and take a break this weekend

message 6: by JanetTronstad (new)

Thanks, Paula-O and Marianne -- I do plan to take it easy this weekend!!

message 7: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 148 comments Janet, I'm so glad to hear that. I'm excited that you can take it easy for a day or two. You deserve it! What a relief you must feel, and how excited I am to know we'll get to see the results of all of your hard work some day soon.

message 8: by Judy (last edited May 31, 2013 09:08AM) (new)

Judy | 277 comments Whoosh **Judy swipes the sweat off her brow** so relieved for you, Janet.

message 9: by JanetTronstad (new)

Thanks, Barbara and Judy! I love to write, but can't say I'm fond of deadlines. so very glad to be finished with this one as the editors needed it when we were in Spokane!

message 10: by Nina (new)

Nina | 126 comments just wondering are you come up with ideas for your stories?

message 11: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 614 comments great news Janet, (my first thought was there you go.)
excited for you.

message 12: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 252 comments Judy wrote: "Whoosh **Judy swipes the sweat off her brow** so relieved for you, Janet."

"LIKE"

message 13: by Melody (last edited May 31, 2013 10:04PM) (new)

Melody | 304 comments Yay Janet, I am certain it is just fabulous! :)

Haha Jenny, we shall get you saying that just yet! ;)

message 14: by JanetTronstad (new)

Nina -- I come up with ideas all over the place, both the big idea for the story and a the small twists. For example in the novella I just finished, I read the first bit of mine to the group in Spokane and Jillian read the first bits of hers. I have a little girl in mine, Jillian has a slightly older boy in hers. Someones suggested we do a book about the two kids (when they are adults). I set up such a romance in the epilogue of my novella. I probably wouldn't have done it without that suggestions so that was the trigger for that plot twist.

message 15: by JanetTronstad (new)

Thanks, Ausjenny and Melody!!

message 16: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Eberly (kathyeberly) | 218 comments Janet, so glad you got the novella off.So glad to see about the addition in the epilogue. I think your story is a good one and can't wait to read it. :)

message 17: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 252 comments JanetTronstad wrote: "Nina -- I come up with ideas all over the place, both the big idea for the story and a the small twists. For example in the novella I just finished, I read the first bit of mine to the group in Sp..."

"LIKE"

message 18: by Nina (new)

Nina | 126 comments you are a great writer, love reading your books,

message 19: by JanetTronstad (new)

Awh, shucks, Nina, thanks!!

message 20: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (kathae) | 26 comments JanetTronstad wrote: "Last night at 2:30 in the morning, I finally emailed my novella to the editor. Thanks to all with their patience in Spokane as I worked away!"

Congrats! Looking forward to reading it!

message 21: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 434 comments David said to tell you CONGRATS!!! We are both happy for you and I'm sure you feel so much better! Take a breath and then start writing again....ha ha !

message 22: by JanetTronstad (new)

Kathy, thanks!!

message 23: by JanetTronstad (new)

Valri -- waving to David, thanks to both of you!! And, you're right, I finish one just to start another!!

message 24: by Love Inspired (new)

Love Inspired Books (loveinspiredbooks) | 20 comments Yay Janet!!