What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > Romance, estranged sister (twin?) goes missing, sheriff is sister's ex, sister's baby

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 251 comments Okay, so I read this book about a couple of years ago, probably. I guess you could call it a romantic suspense novel. There will probably be spoilers in here!!

From what I remember the main character was either estranged from, or didn't know her sister/twin until she gets a letter from either her or another relation asking for help...I think! She turns up in the town looking for her sister who has disappeared. The hero is an ex of the sister I think, but they didn't end well. I think he was a sheriff or deputy. As far as I can remember he thinks she's gone to the big house on the hill where a wealthy politician lives, and is probably in trouble.
There is a baby involved. I remember at the end she was with the baby when she was confronted by the bad guy, I think he was the baby's father. Pretty sure he sets the house on fire.

Please help, any suggestions at all!! :)

message 2: by HJ (new)

HJ This reminds me of books by B.J. Daniels. Maybe look through the list of books she's published?

message 3: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 251 comments I had a look through her books none of them seem familiar, they seem to be about cowboys and ranches and I'm pretty sure there weren't any in the one I was thinking of. I only have one of her books and it wasn't the one I was thinking of. Thanks though!!

message 4: by HJ (new)

HJ How about searching "Harlequin Intrigue" (to find other authors who write this type of book) and sorting them into publication order? Or do you think it wasn't one of them? - that would provide some parameter for your search.

You could also look at the Romantic Suspense group here on GR and maybe re-post your request there.

message 5: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 251 comments Thanks, I'll have a look through them, hopefully someone will be able to help.

message 6: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 251 comments ***Spoiler***

I'm pretty sure the guy who tries to kill her in the end, along with being the babies probable father, may have also being the baby's doctor or just a doctor. Think he may have also killed her sister.

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) | 103 comments This sounds familiar. I'll look in my RS shelf and see if anything pops out at me. ☺

message 8: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 3 comments Maybe something by Karen Rose?

message 9: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 251 comments Thanks for looking Pamela. No, nothing by Karen Rose seems familiar. I'm pretty sure it was a stand alone.

message 10: by Christie (new)

Christie | 153 comments This sounds very familiar. I'll have to look through my book list to see if I can figure out why.

message 11: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 251 comments Completely forgot I was looking for this book, might as well give it a bump and see if anyone knows what it is!:)

message 12: by Amber (Daisymau) (new)

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1132 comments This sounds familiar. Didn't the sister who disappeared go to confront the father of the baby for money or she found out something sinister about him? Now I have to think really hard to see if I can remember the title or even author.

Was this a series or stand alone book?

message 13: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 251 comments She might have confronted him but I'm not sure!
For some reason I'm thinking stand alone, but I could be wrong!

message 14: by Amber (Daisymau) (new)

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1132 comments I've been thinking. I don't think she confronted him, I think she witnessed something and his henchmen or whatever were going to silence her.

message 15: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38242 comments Mod
Moira, are you still looking for this?

message 16: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 251 comments Yip, still haven't figured out what it is!

message 17: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 251 comments Bump

message 18: by Kimberley (new)

Kimberley | 66 comments hmmm.. seems familiar. Could it be this?

The Littlest Cowboy by Maggie Shayne?
Baby on his Doorstep!

Sheriff Garrett Brand has raised his entire brood of siblings single-handedly, and he’s done his best to teach them some values, to mold them into honorable, responsible, and trustworthy human beings. So when a baby lands on the doorstep of the Texas Brand, his first question is which younger brother is in for a butt-kicking? But the little fellow isn’t named after Ben, or Wes, or Adam, or Elliot. The little feller is named after him–Garrett Ethan Brand–according to the note his mama left behind.

He’s still racking his brain to figure it all out, when a woman shows up at the ranch in the dead of night, spitting, fighting mad, and accusing Garrett of murdering her sister and stealing the baby!

Chelsea is confused, heartbroken, and too mad to think straight, and the same trouble that found her poor sister is right on her tail. But of all the places she and the baby could’ve wound up, Garrett thinks this ranch is the best one.

Because this is one family that knows how to pull together and trouble doesn’t stand a chance against The Brands of Texas.

message 19: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34447 comments Mod
Here's the link for Kimberley's suggestion - The Littlest Cowboy by Maggie Shayne.

message 20: by Kimberley (last edited Mar 03, 2015 10:21AM) (new)

Kimberley | 66 comments If it isn't the Littlest Cowboy, could it be in the Hell Yeah series by Sable Hunter? There are a few books lol, about brothers. And for some reason, that series popped in my head when I read this post.

message 21: by Kris (new)

Here's the link for Kimberley's suggestion of the "Hell Yeah!" series by Sable Hunter - https://www.goodreads.com/series/7476...

message 22: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 251 comments It's not The Littlest Cowboy, pretty sure she didn't know about the baby when she went looking for her sister.
It's also not Hell Yeah series, I've only read the first one and it doesn't seem to fit.
Thanks for the suggestions though, and the links! :)

message 23: by Joyce (new)

Joyce (joyce8) | 52 comments The Littlest Cowboy by Maggie Shayne sounded like a book I would like. I went to Amazon to check on it and it is a free Kindle book! :-)

message 24: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 251 comments bump

message 25: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking?

message 26: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 251 comments Yip!

message 27: by Kris (new)

Can you tell us more about the heroine - her job/skills/interests, her romantic interest is her sister's ex (ex-boyfriend or ex-husband)?, where does she live, etc.?

What's the time period and location (country, region, big city/small town)?

Double Take by Brenda Joyce turned up while searching, but some elements don't seem to match.

message 28: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 251 comments Honestly, don't remember much more, it was probably 8 years ago that I read it.
It was a contemporary romance. I think the hero was her sister's ex-boyfriend. I'd guess that she moved from an American city to a smaller town.

Double Take doesn't seem familiar at all. Thanks for trying though.

message 29: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

How about now?

message 30: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 251 comments No never came across it

message 31: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Are you still interested in finding it, or not? If you're no longer interested, we can move this to Abandoned for you.

message 32: by Moira (new)

Moira (11moira) | 251 comments Ya, you can move it to abandoned thanks, don't think I'll find it now.

message 33: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Ok.