Ballet Dancers discussion

Quitting

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Milana (new)

Milana (tutuintopointe) | 120 comments I am thinking of quitting ballet. Does anybody have anything that will help me not quit. Or anything.

message 2: by Kate (last edited Apr 24, 2009 03:24PM) (new)

Kate | 15 comments Why r u thinking about quitting? Ballet is AWESOME! It's da best thing ever! Don't quit! It's so fun!!!!

message 3: by Savannah (new)

Savannah Morrow (SCMorrow) | 162 comments Think about how you would feel, your teachers and your ballet friends would feel... Think and focus on your fav part of dancing too... or maybe you can try a different type of dancing if you are tired of just ballet... (P.S. Modern Rocks!)

message 4: by Milana (new)

Milana (tutuintopointe) | 120 comments I love ballet it huts my knees hurt when I do it.

message 5: by Kate (last edited Apr 24, 2009 03:25PM) (new)

Kate | 15 comments Maybe you're over turning out. If you force yourself to 180 degree feet in first, you can seriously hurt your knees. Just start in parallel and turn your feet out without taking your heels off the floor. This should be your maximum turnout. Also, you could be pronating, where you are leaning too far forward when your feet are on the floor. If your big toe, little toe, and heel are all on the floor, you are standing correctly. If your little toe is off, you're pronating. If your big toe is off, you're supinating.

message 6: by Kate (new)

Kate | 15 comments Also, turnout should be 70% from the hips, 20% from the knees, and 10% from the ankles. Focus on turnout from the hips.

message 7: by Milana (new)

Milana (tutuintopointe) | 120 comments Thanks Kate!

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate | 15 comments You're welcome! I hope it helps! This is stuff I learned from one of my teachers during private lessons :-)

message 9: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (qwertyuiop) | 165 comments Mod
dontttt quiitttttt

message 10: by Milana (new)

Milana (tutuintopointe) | 120 comments cool