Nora Roberts Groupies discussion

Book Discussions > Chesapeake Bay Saga

Comments Showing 1-50 of 104 (104 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by jenjn79 (new)

jenjn79 | 290 comments Mod
Summary: Three foster brothers must pull together after the death of their foster father Ray and the revelation that Ray may have had a biological son none of them knew about.

1. Sea Swept
2. Rising Tides
3. Inner Harbor
4. Chesapeake Blue

Nora Roberts

Sea Swept (Chesapeake Bay Saga #1) by Nora Roberts Rising Tides (Chesapeake Bay Saga #2) by Nora Roberts Inner Harbor (Chesapeake Bay Saga #3) by Nora Roberts Chesapeake Blue (Chesapeake Bay Saga #4) by Nora Roberts

message 2: by Teryl (new)

Teryl My all time favorite books by Nora. Loved all the Quinns, but Cam was my favorite! In fact, I usually re-read this series every yr or so.

message 3: by jenjn79 (new)

I agree, Teryl. This is quintessential Nora. I've read this series 3 or 4 times now. And I wouldn't mind reading it again already. Cam is my fav, though I Ethan was great as well.

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily (imabrooks2) | 81 comments I completely agree. though I have my favs switched Ethan then Cam. I love this series. I try to read it once a year as well and enjoy it more every time. Last year when I read it I realized Seth talked about Darcy Gallagher in his story. its great how Nora adds those little crossovers.

message 5: by Teryl (new)

Teryl Cameron Quinn, Gage, and Rafe McKade are all very similar to me. That might be why I love all their books, lol

message 6: by Teryl (new)

Teryl Especially with that dark hair and blue or green eyes :)

message 7: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) Both Cam and Gage were hotheads, and that draws me to them. In real life though, I'm sure it's not as sweet. haha.

message 8: by Amar (new)

Amar | 134 comments Can we add Michael Fury from the Dream trilogy to the list of similar yet delicious bad boys!! :-)

message 9: by Teryl (new)

Teryl Does a lot of that stuff happen in real life, lol

message 10: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) I don't remember the scene you guys are referring to. Darn.

message 11: by Teryl (new)

Teryl I don't either Kim, I'm just assuming it is sex in the barn, lol

message 12: by Amar (new)

Amar | 134 comments Loved that scene!!!

message 13: by Emily (new)

Emily (imabrooks2) | 81 comments Me too! He was a hottie!

message 14: by Amar (new)

Amar | 134 comments Nora always has that one hero with the longish and the stubby pony tail but on Micheal Fury's character, it really came across well...and HOT!

message 15: by Caro (last edited Oct 13, 2009 03:17PM) (new)

Caro (wutheringreads) I was poking around Nora's website when I found her short story The Quinns Christmas. I loved it, because when I read the first three books I was looking forward to reading about Seth's first holidays. Did you guys like it? What did you think?
In case anybody hasn't read it yet, it's placed under the category "Freebies and Fan Faves- Free Stuff".

message 16: by jenjn79 (new)

I liked both the free short stories she did. They're nice little vignettes that let you revisit the characters.

BTW...there should be a link to the short stories in the book lists posts in this group. I'm pretty sure I linked them...

message 17: by Miss Kim (new)

Miss Kim (thatsmisskimtoyou) I liked the Quinn's Christmas a lot. I'd found it shortly after finishing those 4 books.

message 18: by Caro (new)

Caro (wutheringreads) Isis FG wrote: "I liked both the free short stories she did. They're nice little vignettes that let you revisit the characters.

BTW...there should be a link to the short stories in the book lists posts in this g..."

You're right, I'm sorry . I hadn't noticed the link before posting :-)

message 19: by Jane(Janelba) (new)

Jane(Janelba) (janelba) I am almost halfway through Sea Swept and I am really enjoying it. I'm going to have to invest in the rest. How I miss not having a library ! Gets expensive on the pocket hehe

message 20: by Nichele (new)

Nichele | 1 comments I really enjoyed these book too...I think its time to pick them up again! :D!!

message 21: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 1 comments I have all of the books in audio on my ipod, and I re-listen to them, in order, every few months. They never get old. Love them!

message 22: by Emily (new)

Emily (imabrooks2) | 81 comments the same with me jessica, I don't have them on audio, but I read them about once a year.

message 23: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 58 comments I'm waiting until I have all 4 to re-read them all. I have every one but the first one. Right now, I'm reading the Cordina series and I love the first two. I just wish they were longer.

message 24: by Stacy (new)

Stacy | 41 comments I love this saga! I think it's one of her best ones yet. I'm still reading Chesapeake Blue, and i'm so intrigued why Seth came home. It's nice to see that he's made a career for himself, and to read about all the other Quinn men and women. I didn't know that there was a Quinn christmas short story on Roberts site so i'll be looking that up after i finish Chesapeake Blue

message 25: by Elcee (new)

Elcee | 12 comments I really liked the Quinn brothers and their stories. I also didn't know there was a Quinn Christmas story so I will be poking around there too. I own all four of those books and will not be likely to part with them any time soon. Good for a re-read when the mood strikes me!

message 26: by Liz (new)

Liz Allen | 5 comments I've just finished this Saga and I'm a little sad that it's over. These are the kind of characters I just want to keep reading about. I adored Anna, she's perfect for Cam in every way and she just falls into the family matriarch role perfectly. She's probably my favourite character in this series.
I have to say that I found it difficult at the start of Chesapeake Blue to picture little Seth all grown up. It didn't seem like any time had passed as Nora Roberts still refers to music etc from around the same era as the original books. It doesn't bother me at all because they were lovely stories, but it did take some time to see Seth as a "grown up".
I also really enjoyed the fact that Stella came back and spoke to Seth just has Ray had with Cam, Ethan and Phillip during the original books. I had a few tears at the end because it was just such a lovely way to end the series.

message 27: by Tammy (new)

Tammy | 24 comments I loved this seris; it's actually my favorite.

message 28: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne | 36 comments This is one of my favorite series. Cam was def my favorite. I love on a snowy weekend to curl up with my books and read an entire series. Lately I have been reading up a storm because that is all we have here in Indiana

message 29: by Crazypiggyhk (new)

Crazypiggyhk | 2 comments Chesapeake Blue is my favorite on this series. Maybe it's because I wasn't expecting the fourth book so it came as a pleasant surprise.
And little Seth, he had always been close to my heart. Perhaps it's because I was in my late teens' year when I read the first three books, it's like the boy whom you met in your childhood, you sometime wonder when happen to them. And of course when he turned out to be super hot, what can I say, I've always been a groupie for cute and artistic type ^_~

message 30: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 58 comments I just finished reading this one again after several years. It is as good the 2nd time around.

message 31: by Talya (new)

Talya | 741 comments Mod
I love the Chesapeake Bay saga.
My favorite of the guys was Ethan.
My favorite ladies were Dru and Aubrey, but there's a special spot for Anna.
And of course Seth's journey just tugs at the heart.

message 32: by Liz (last edited Mar 23, 2011 03:33PM) (new)

Liz Allen | 5 comments I also think Aubrey was wonderful. I love her as a little girl - especially during Ethan's story. I guess because that story is about Grace you hear more about Aubrey too, but she's just so cute. She's wonderfully written as an adult too - almost exactly the same as the two year old girl. A really great character.

message 33: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 58 comments I love the Ethan and Grace story the best. I usually go for the alpha males, but this is definitely the series where I'm going for the sweet one.

message 34: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (purplerose) | 8 comments Carolina, Thanks for mentioning the Quinn short story! I saw it mentioned in her newsletter or something and forgot to go check it out. Now, of course, I have to go back and re-read the whole series because I can't remember what happened to Aubrey all grown up.

message 35: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (elainefelicity) | 3 comments Does anybody like Phillip best? (Besides me!)

message 36: by Talya (last edited May 09, 2011 01:07PM) (new)

Talya | 741 comments Mod
Elaine, It's hard to pinpoint exactly why Phillip isn't more of a favorite in the saga.
I think it's because the reader does not really get to see the development and motivation of Phillip's character as much as the others. In Inner Harbor the progress of the Quinn family, Seth and Gloria and the family boat business got a little more focus than Phillip and Sybil's romance. Then there's the feel that he did not connect with Seth as much as Cam and Ethan, and didn't adjust his life and plans like they had. Then there's the whole angle of him and Sybil coming off a little more formal and colder than the others. That's just my take.

But Phillip definitely had his great moments, when we learned that Phillip took no income or paychecks from the family boat business, that was really touching

message 37: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 77 comments Elaine wrote: "Does anybody like Phillip best? (Besides me!)"

Actually, he's my favorite too. I think its because he's the most stoic and the one who struggles against love the most. I also just loved his chemistry with Sybil who is my favorite heroine in the series as well.

message 38: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 3 comments I just started reading this trilogy and am about 30 pages into Sea Swept, but I cannot figure out WHO Grace is?? Is she their neighbor? I'm so confused and have skimmed over it 3 more times after reading it to try to figure out where she fits in.

message 39: by Villybe (new)

Villybe | 1 comments now someone correct me if im wrong but isnt grace sorta like a house keeper? i seem to remember her doing their laundry.

message 40: by Talya (last edited May 11, 2011 07:26AM) (new)

Talya | 741 comments Mod
Grace is a young mom, about 21 or 22 (if I remember correct) with an adorable 2 yr old baby girl Aubrey. She lives in the same town as the Quinns and has known them for years and years since she was a little girl. Her father's crab meat picking and packing business also overlaps with Ethan's crab and fish catching business. However she doesn't live close enough to be considered their neighbor. She works as a waitress in the local bar and she cleans homes on the side to support Aubrey. She also has a major crush on Ethan, while she doesn't know that he has eyes for her too. Wanting to help Grace out financially while getting their house in order so they can adopt Seth, Ethan hires Grace as their housekeeper. She's scared to persue her feelings for Ethan because she fears he thinks she's too young for him and that she's damaged goods because of getting knocked up and becoming a single mom so young and not good enough to become part of the Quinn family, and he's scared to persue his feelings for her because he feels like he's damaged goods because of his abusive biological mother.
The story of how they discover each other as more than friends is really sweet.

message 41: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 3 comments Thank you so much, Talya!! I really appreciate it - the mystery is solved :)

message 42: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 6061 comments Mod
This is my most favorite of Nora's trilogies (tied with the Gallaghers of Ardmore). I loved all of the Quinn brothers, Anna, etc. I hated to see it end.

message 43: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne | 36 comments don't you think this would make a great miniseries? It would be really hard to choose the cast though. and not with Lifetime movies actors.

message 44: by Talya (new)

Talya | 741 comments Mod
I would love:

Simon Baker as Ethan:
http://www.nndb.com/people/333/000110...

Michael Vartan as Phillip:
http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-phot...

And last but not least, Jonathan Scaech as Cameron:
http://johnathonschaech.net/Johnathon...

Still working on Seth...

message 45: by Jonetta (new)

I would prefer to see it as anything but a Lifetime production. I hate their casting and production quality. I think another cable channel could produce it pretty well (USA, TNT). It would make a great miniseries.

message 46: by Talya (new)

Talya | 741 comments Mod
I totally agree. Lifetime is too cheesey, and they don't have the production quality that the books deserve. The casting is way off too.

message 47: by Jonetta (new)

Talya wrote: "I would love:

Simon Baker as Ethan:
http://www.nndb.com/people/333/000110...

Michael Vartan as Phillip:
http://www.exposay.com/celebrity-phot......"

Great choices!

message 48: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne | 36 comments Talya you have really thought about this. Simon Baker totally would be a good Ethan. I didn't know the other two and looked them up and HOLY HUNKS Batman....yeah. Whom do you have as the women?

message 49: by Talya (new)

Talya | 741 comments Mod
Don't have the women or Seth casted out in my head yet, those are a bit tricker to find actors who meet the descriptions in the book.

message 50: by Jonetta (new)

I saw Angie Harmon as Anna.

« previous 1 3