Brain Science Podcast discussion

Old forum?

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hollowman (last edited May 28, 2013 12:16PM) (new)

Hollowman | 8 comments A few years ago, I recall signing up for and posting on the ORIGINAL BSP forum. Don't recall what domain it was on (brainsciencepodcast.com, docartemis.com, or maybe brainscienceforum.com ???). I'm not sure where that content went as I recently needed to find what I posted.
I would LIKE to participate in a forum-like community -- aka message board -- more frequently. BUT ... I don't want to lose content again as what seems to have happened in the case of the orig. forum.
Another thing: ALL these BSP sites -- now with Flickr, G+, FB, Twitter, etc., etc -- has me a bit baffled. If BSP spreads itself out too much, things get a bit confused.

EDIT:
In a way, I can relate the above to brain-science topics such as how humans suck at multi-tasking and TOO MANY CHOICES.

OTOH ... if BSP is some sort of student project for demonstrating/comparing various web technologies and social media, then the current "presentation" works. I don't think that's a/the primary goal of BSP ;)

message 2: by David (new)

David Mcdivitt | 65 comments It would be nice to post in one place.

message 3: by Mike (new)

Mike Hillcoat | 4 comments While it is disheartening to contribute to lost content, all it takes is participation here to facilitate novel discussions.

I would hazard from my annual, at this point, exposure to BSP that this is the place to communicate amongst the community.

message 4: by Ginger (new)

Ginger Campbell (GingerCampbell) | 313 comments Mod
The original form was hosted at docartemis.com, but I closed it down several years ago. Unfortunately there was no good way to save what had been posted there. The URL brainscienceforum.com now points to this Group.

message 5: by Dalton (new)

Dalton Seymour | 20 comments Hollowman wrote: "A few years ago, I recall signing up for and posting on the ORIGINAL BSP forum. Don't recall what domain it was on (brainsciencepodcast.com, docartemis.com, or maybe brainscienceforum.com ???). I'm..."

I miss the old style message board as well. I liked it better because it was organized by topics of interest.

message 6: by Ginger (new)

Dalton wrote: "Hollowman wrote: "A few years ago, I recall signing up for and posting on the ORIGINAL BSP forum. Don't recall what domain it was on (brainsciencepodcast.com, docartemis.com, or maybe brainsciencef..."

brainscienceforum.com now points here. Unfortunately, participation in the old forum was very low, not enough to justify the work it took to try to keep the software updated.

Goodreads isn't perfect, but it does fit the current book-focused nature of the Brain Science Podcast.

This year I am gong to try to do a better job of announcing upcoming books/authors.

message 7: by GlobeRunner (new)

GlobeRunner | 3 comments I'd like to comment (and hopefully start a discussion) on episode 43 of the Books and Ideas podcast. Where would be the right place to do that? Don't forget all of us who have only recently discovered these great podcasts (or read the books with a bit of a delay)! So much of the content of both the podcasts is timeless and it would be nice to have the opportunity to discuss it even several years after the podcasts aired.
Thanks for all the work you have done on these podcasts!

message 8: by Ginger (new)

I know this current Group is a little hard to navigate so you probably didn't see that there is an area for Books and Ideas down near the bottom.

Here is a link: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

I would love to see conversations about Books and Ideas, but don't have time to maintain a second group. (Obviously I don't do a very good job of keeping up with this one either!)

message 9: by GlobeRunner (last edited Jan 31, 2017 01:39AM) (new)

GlobeRunner | 3 comments Thanks for the link! I posted my question 2 years ago, and although I can't remember exactly what I wanted to comment, that podcast episode inspired me to submit a PhD proposal (which was accepted). Thanks again!