twilight lovers! discussion

Twilight Movie > Stephenie Meyer Cameo

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, did you notice that Stephenie Meyer is in the movie??? When Bella and Charlie are in the restaurant, she's sitting at the counter with her lap top and the waitress gives her pie!!!! I didn't expect that lol!!!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

REALLY!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Whoa!

message 4: by Stephanie, Loves Vamps and Werewolves but Zombies scare me!! (new)

Stephanie | 4175 comments Mod
Yeah....lol!!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I guess every author would want to be in their own book made to movie!!!.....lol

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I guess.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Actually she said she didnt want to be in the film, because she didnt want to "mess it up", so she decided against it, but Catherine Hardwicke convinced her to take a small part, or at least, be an extra. So Stephenie choose the less noticeable option. To be an extra in one of the Diner scenes.

The Insane Psychopath Jane Volturi (janewhitlockhale) Yup. Hardwicke wanted to give her lines, but she refused. She was actually working on Breaking Dawn during that scene.

message 9: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (bookn) | 781 comments She didn't get to say anything though. She was just there and I didn't noticed it. But I know that she was in the movie though...

message 10: by Kate (new)

Kate | 69 comments I didn't notice her until someone pointed it out to me. Now I can't help but noticing it!

message 11: by Katie (new)

Katie Britty wrote: "Hey, did you notice that Stephenie Meyer is in the movie??? When Bella and Charlie are in the restaurant, she's sitting at the counter with her lap top and the waitress gives her pie!!!! I didn't e..."
I didn't notice it; but I read the director's notebook Catherine Hardwick wrote and found out.

message 12: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (bookn) | 781 comments Yeah it was really a swipe of the camera. I noticed a little bit then my tutor who I was going with pointed that out to me. So, yeah... It's hard to notice it.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't know until I watched the documentery in special features afterwards.

message 14: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (bookn) | 781 comments It's so hard to tell isn't it Melzz???

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

It was two split seconds and *boom* back to Kristen and Billy Burke.

message 16: by ♥BookGeek♥ (new)

♥BookGeek♥ (bookn) | 781 comments Exactly!!!!

message 17: by Stephen (new)

Stephen (havan) | 22 comments Anyone else find it interesting that the scene she appears in is at the diner? The diner doesn't appear in any of her books. I wonder if there wasn't some significance that being her cameo. Either on her part or on the part of the director.

message 18: by Grace (new)

Grace Yah, I knew she was in the movie. I think I read it on IMDB or in The Director's Notebook. I think this is the trend and reminds me of Peter Jackson being in all three Lord of the Rings movies.

message 19: by Stephen (last edited Apr 10, 2010 11:26PM) (new)

Stephen (havan) | 22 comments Grace wrote: "Yah, I knew she was in the Movie."

Yes, but my question WAS... Don't you find it interesting that the one scene she's in is NOT one of the settings she wrote about?

message 20: by Kate (new)

Kate | 69 comments Stephen wrote: "Anyone else find it interesting that the scene she appears in is at the diner? The diner doesn't appear in any of her books. I wonder if there wasn't some significance that being her cameo. Either ..."

Where else could she have appeared? The high school? The meadow? The ballet studio? I guess she could have been in the restraunt, or somewhere in Port Angeles. I don't think there was any significance to her appearance. Just a fun happenstance.

message 21: by Stephen (last edited Apr 11, 2010 10:58AM) (new)

Stephen (havan) | 22 comments She could have been in the scool office scene as a secretary. Or in the Cafeteria as a lunch lady. She could have been a nurse in the Forks emergency room. She could have been a sales lady at the dress shop or the hostess at La Bella Italia resturant in Port Angeles, or one of the patrons, maybe even the one obsessed with cats! She could also have been another guest in the Phoenix Hotel or a nurse in the Phoenix Hospital (I understand SM lives near Phoenix).

Of all of the locales that she wrote about in her books, it just seemed strange to me that the location they choose for her cameo is one location that they created outta whole cloth in the screenplay. The one place she never wrote about.

Most likely it IS just a coincidence but there's an old saying... "There are no coincidences."

message 22: by Kate (new)

Kate | 69 comments Here's what Stephenie said in an interview when asked about the cameo:

"Yes, but it’s painful. It was not my idea to do the cameo. They talked me into it. They thought it would be, you know, cute for the fans because most of them would recognize me. I was thinking it was going to be more like a Where's Waldo thing. Like I walk by for one second in a crowd and if they can find me, cool. That's the one scene in the movie I would happily cut, the first five seconds, and the one that I had to watch like, I mean like this [covering her eyes:], 'Ah, is it over yet?' It was really hard for me."

It was just for the fans.

interview:http://movies.about.com/od/twilight/a...

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I am so glad she did it as I got a big kick out of it when I noticed her. You can tell she is shy and I like her more for it.
~~~~~~~~~~

"Yes, but it’s painful. It was not my idea to do the cameo. They talked me into it. They thought it would be, you know, cut..."

message 24: by Julia (new)

Julia | 85 comments Yeah, I noticed her, I think it's strange to put her into the movie.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, I noticed her. :D I think she was writing Breaking Dawn on her laptop :D