The Otherworld of Kelley Armstrong discussion

The OtherWorld: Species > Battle of the Species!

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

so who do you think will win in a fight. or who do you prefer?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Clayton or Antonio?

DarkHeart "Vehngeance" (darkheart) | 83 comments Mod
Oh, it's Clay - no contest. Bitten was one of the first books I read when I rediscovered my love of the paranormal genre last year, and he remains one of my favorites. Yum!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

yh definatly, he's one of my favourite characters. but for some reason i really love Nick.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

what about...
Paige or Savannah?

who would win in a spell casting fight

message 6: by Angie (new)

Angie I think it would be close - Savannah would technically be the most powerful but Paige would have more tricks up her sleeve.

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Angie wrote: "I think it would be close - Savannah would technically be the most powerful but Paige would have more tricks up her sleeve."

I'm with you Angie. I think Paige has more experience that would trump Savannah's power, but the more Savannah learns the closer the odds.

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 26, 2009 12:49PM) (new)

while reading the books i've been very confused of what i think of Benicio Cortez. i dnt know if he is one of the good guys or bad. and i also wonder if Lucas will eventully sumbit to benicios will of taking over the Cortez cabal one day.

???

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Sarah wrote: "while reading the books i've been very confused of what i think of Benicio Cortez. i dnt know if he is one of the good guys or bad. and i also wonder if Lucas will eventully sumbit to benicios will..."

Not sure if Lucas will ever take over the Cabal (though you can be sure he would be writing his own rule book if he does). As far as Benicio goes, I think he is one of those bad guys with some good points.

message 10: by Stella (new)

Stella (stella_exlibris) | 11 comments About the Antonio-Clay battle, though I'm a huge Clay fan, I would say that I'm pretty sure that in Broken KA says somewhere that Antoni was the strongest of them all, and places his strength and size even above Clay's.

As to Savannah-Paige, my bet would be on Savannah: she is more powerful, and she knows some darker spells that Paige wouldn't even dare try.

and who would win if Cassandra and Zoe fought?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Stella wrote: "and who would win if Cassandra and Zoe fought? ..."

I like Zoe better, Cassandra seems so stuck up. And i love Aaron he is so laid back compared to cassandra. I cant remember but is Cassandra and Aaron dating (cant really call it dating since they've known eachother for centuries), They've got a really long history then.

message 12: by Stella (new)

Stella (stella_exlibris) | 11 comments Sarah wrote: "Stella wrote: "and who would win if Cassandra and Zoe fought? ..."

I like Zoe better, Cassandra seems so stuck up. And i love Aaron he is so laid back compared to cassandra. I cant remember but is..."

I agree, I think Zoe is a great character, would love to see more of her.

message 13: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 65 comments Sarah wrote: "I like Zoe better, Cassandra seems so stuck up. And i love Aaron he is so laid back compared to cassandra. I cant remember but is Cassandra and Aaron dating (cant really call it dating since they've known eachother for centuries), They've got a really long history then."

They used to be together but Cassandra messed Aaron around and they split but they remain good friends. Cassandra regrets how she treated Aaron, she misses him. Aaron cares deeply for her and tries to keep her alive. There is a short story called TWILIGHT in the anthology MANY BLOODY RETURNS which explains in more detail.

I actually like Cassandra. I think she became quite detached from humanity over the years and now that she's dying she is trying to make up for it by getting more involved with the council.

message 14: by Lucille (new)

Lucille (lucillexxelias) | 36 comments I think Clay would beat Antonio, Savannah could take on Paige, Benicio is a somewhat decent person (for the most part), and Cassandra could win.
What aboutttttt: Hope vs. Jaime?

message 15: by Mariah (new)

Mariah  | 19 comments Clay VS Antonio (Clay wins, hands down)

Paige VS Savannah (Sorry but I choose Savannah, she has the un-tapped sorcerer power)

And about Benicio, I think he wants to be a good guy, but can't, not with all the other cablas ruling with Iron Fists..he has to remain just a lil bit evil to keep his competitive edge!

message 16: by Mariah (new)

Mariah  | 19 comments Hope VS Jaime.Thats a hard call, Jaime likes her weapons, and has protective runes tatted on her ankle. Hope has chaos vibes which prevents ppl to even think of attacking her without notice. Plus she gets off on the whole danger thing! Neither has special physical strength, so in a show-down I would have to call it a draw, and one seriuos cat fight!

message 17: by Mariah (new)

Mariah  | 19 comments Zoe vs Cassandra

Sorry I love Cas but Zoe is known for being brutal, but then again she said she would never fight again, she could have easily gotten rid of those vamps that wanted her territory, but instead she out-smarted them. Cassandra wants to die,sorry to say but if you read her short story you would know that the last anniversary she almost couldnt make the kill, she wrote that the blood grossed her out..so i guess they would both just die together, sounds funny but with Cassandra not caring and Zoe running away, it doesnt leave much of a fight now does it!

message 18: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9 comments Amanda wrote: "Angie wrote: "I think it would be close - Savannah would technically be the most powerful but Paige would have more tricks up her sleeve."

I'm with you Angie. I think Paige has more experience ..."

hmmm I would have to say that it would be really close. The older Savannah gets and the more she learns the less of a chance Paige would have, because lets face it, Savannah is stronger. Though Paige is more disciplined. She definitely has more experience and plenty of tricks up her sleeve... including those sorcerer spells Lucas has been finding her.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

ok...who would win in a spell casting fight between Savannah and Tori (from darkest powers). they are both half witch and half sorcerer which gives them more casting abilities i guess.

message 20: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 65 comments Savannah would win. Tori can't control her powers yet and I would assume that Savannah (who is older)has had some training with Paige.

message 21: by Wendy (new)

Wendy | 15 comments Sarah wrote: "ok...who would win in a spell casting fight between Savannah and Tori (from darkest powers). they are both half witch and half sorcerer which gives them more casting abilities i guess."
I think Savannah as she has more experience and knows some stuff from Eve as well as learning from Paige and Lucas

message 22: by Lucille (new)

Lucille (lucillexxelias) | 36 comments definitely Savannah. The girl has crazy skills :)

message 23: by Jumana (new)

Jumana I'm trying to figure out why these people would be fighting each other
Paige vs Savannah
Either Savannah has gone over to the dark side, in which case Paige will win cause the good guys always win. Or there is some misunderstanding, in which Paige will let Savannah win because she is like her daughter.
Hope vs Jamie
Same as above with Hope having gone over to the dark side.
Antonio vs Clayton
Blanking out

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Jumana wrote: "I'm trying to figure out why these people would be fighting each other
Paige vs Savannah
Either Savannah has gone over to the dark side, in which case Paige will win cause the good guys always ..."

no one is saying that they would actually fight each other, just who's strongest and has more power

message 25: by valee (new)

valee I have no clue who Antonio is,lol, I guess I have not got to him yet, but Clay is my top fav character so he'll definitely win to them all. As far as Savannah and Paige go, I like Savannah much more, but I do believe Paige has her powers too. I'm not sure about them.

I really like Benicio!

message 26: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 65 comments Lady Vale wrote: "I have no clue who Antonio is,lol, I guess I have not got to him yet..."

Antonio is Nick's father.

message 27: by valee (new)

valee And Nick is...?

message 28: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 65 comments Clay's best friend growing up and still is. He's into his looks, likes wearing expensive brands and is a ladies man. He works for his father but in a minor role because he just doesn't care, no time between women and shopping, LOL!

message 29: by valee (new)

valee Thanks Amy! It's been a long time since I read book one, so I didn't remember him. In books 2,3,4 and 5 he's not mentioned. I have not read anything about the pack in a long while. I miss them! Can't wait to get to book 6!

message 30: by AH (last edited Nov 27, 2010 04:55PM) (new)

AH I think that there is a Nick short story. I'll have to double check on that. It might be Framed.

**yes, it is Framed and it is available on Kelley Armstrong's website under Free online fiction.

message 31: by valee (last edited Nov 27, 2010 05:17PM) (new)

valee Oh thanks for the data AH!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Nick and Antonio are probably the most fun and laid back werewolves out there.

message 33: by valee (new)

valee Will I be reading more of them in book 6?

message 34: by AH (new)

AH Nick and Antonio are in Frostbitten (I think). Not sure about the other books.

message 35: by Rhea (last edited Nov 28, 2010 11:29AM) (new)

Rhea (rh3a) | 21 comments They are in Broken and they appear in Frostbitten as well.
If you want more of the Sorrentinos (and of Clay), you should read Men of the Otherworld

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

omg I was so happy when I first read Frostbitten and Antonio appeared. I wish Kelley would give us more insight on the Sorrentino household because they are great.

message 37: by valee (new)

valee I might change my mind but so far I think Werewolves are the strongest of them all and my top favs.

I still wanna know much more about demons.

I like witches and sorcerers but I think both species are getting a bit mixed and confusing as witches can use sorcerers magic and the other way round.

I still have not much information about vampires, which I would love to know more about.

My opinion might change once I keep reading the books, so far I'm in book 6.

message 38: by Rhea (new)

Rhea (rh3a) | 21 comments What about... Clay VS Elena?

How would a fight between these two go? *grin*

message 39: by Literary Ames (new)

Literary Ames (amyorames) | 65 comments Clover wrote: "What about... Clay VS Elena?

How would a fight between these two go? *grin*"

It wouldn't. Clay would die before he'd hurt Elena, in fact he'd probably take his own life so Elena wouldn't have to do it. She'd win by default.

message 40: by valee (new)

valee SIGH, I love Clay!

message 41: by Rhea (last edited Dec 15, 2010 02:09PM) (new)

Rhea (rh3a) | 21 comments @Amy
Actually, I had something different on my mind :)
More like Frostbitten:Control (p.204) kind of fight *blush*

@LV
Yeah, I guess we all do.

message 42: by AH (new)

AH Elena would beat Clay anytime. Clay would be too freaked out to fight her, but he would do anything to protect her.